It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Woman Tasered In Ohio

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
you really have to understand this new emphasis on force is purposeful. the acadamies are traing the new cops just like the Army now: The use of force has risen sharply over the last decade. And worse yet, many returning vet's from iraq and such, already used to abusing civiliand populations, get jobs as cops and meld right in to the new way.

Cops today do NOT want to lay their hands on anyone until they are totally subdued and unable to protect themselves. Spread eagled on the hot street with their hard knee pressing the the tender and tiny bones in the back of your neck,,and then they handcuff you, fogetting to lock the cuffs, thus insuring that any small movement by you tightens the cuffs further, cutting off blood flow and damaging nerves.

Thats just the tyical cop..the real hard cases love to get you in the back of a cage car and then slam on the brakes and slam you around in the back cuffed up so you get your head smacked around..thats good for a few laughs at the donut shop later!! But the main point is that cops want TOTAL control over us, and do not care about the public relations nightmare it creates. The cops do NOT want to take ANY chances at all if they can help it: They would rather ravish all of our rights and abuse us and inconvenience us..all to keep them ' safe '..what a crock!! It is OUR safety, and DIGNITY, that is supposed to be the operative factor, not some cop's desire to have it as safe and as easy as possible..

Cops' do not want to be our protectors, but our overseers. Not as long as I can lock and load!!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

yes what the police officer did to her was outragous----he could have murdered her and the unborn child--------------there is something mentally wrong with our police forces in north america--------apparently the training they presently receive conditions them to shoot the tazer first before they even dream of using hands on physical contact with their very own hands to handcuff and restrain a distressed individual in need of help------------------are the cops afraid we all carry a contagious disease ?--so they'd sooner tazer us before touching us or do they instead get a sadistic pleasure out of torturing their victims?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'd have to watch the video to have a decent opinion. The article never mentions how long the woman had been pregnant and says that she was wearing a large coat. Apparently she never disclosed that she was pregnant and the officer didn't know. This makes me wonder if she was visibly pregnant or not, and if it was really a mark on the officer's poor judgment. IMO, I think tasering should be illegal for police officers, because there have been too many stories of excessive force when using them. And, in most the cases I read, it seems like the officer(s) are the ones who escalate the matter to the point where tasering would be necessary. If cops could communicate more efficiently and less aggressively, I'm sure they could avoid having to use tasers on most occasions.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
you really have to understand this new emphasis on force is purposeful. the acadamies are traing the new cops just like the Army now: The use of force has risen sharply over the last decade. And worse yet, many returning vet's from iraq and such, already used to abusing civiliand populations, get jobs as cops and meld right in to the new way.

So, so true. The police force has been militarized by the 'homeland security' and so forth. They are training the nations police force not to be protectors, but enforcers.

As soon as 'martial law' is declared in the face of fabricated catastrophes, we can expect police to shoot and kill dissenters. Not a joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join