It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Woman Tasered In Ohio

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I find it very sad that any police officer would taser a woman, let alone a pregnant one.
I thought, or was lead to believe that tasers were designed because they were NON-LETHAL.Apparently tasers are not non-lethal so another option should be found or reduce the voltage of these killing weapons.
I"m furious that cops use these weapons as compliance devices rather than self preservation devices.
It's out of control and the public should demand the banning of this equipment world wide.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

OP, are you from the Dayton region?

I have been out of town, so I did not see this story, very concerning that it was enough to instigate an actual FBI investigation.

The only thing I can even side with the police force with is the fact that the woman never said anything about being pregnant, before or after the arrest and was wearing a large winter coat.

Doesn't mean that tasing doesnt appear to be growing in popularity with police though.. however if they did not tase her they would have forcibly arrested her anyways and still would have got in trouble.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
"I'm pregnant, don't taze me bro!" In reality I just see her on video camera resisting. Nothing more. You think the police officer taze her because he notices she's pregnant?

sty

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i am not sure this weapon is a "non lethal". I can say -yes,most of the times it has no immediate lethal effect. However there is no study in how it is affecting the cell structure , brain cells and even DNA months/years after the "impact" .

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hey man thats not cool... lol I think something should be done about these cops...

and to the poster who said they should have Mat-time ... at Fox Valley Tech (in wisconsin) they actualy are required to have hand to hand combat as a class (i toured and it looked intense, alot harder sessions than our wrestling and Tae Kwon Do practices (i toured Fox Valley before enlisting in the army, wanted to be a cop.. but not sure i want to anymore)

and.. they already had her on the ground.. why didnt they use the great alternative also known as pepperspray... why is it that he was forced to tazer and already subdued pregnant woman?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
COUREDNES

Thanks so much MegaCurious for this info!!

However, I must make a clear difference in what most are speaking of...

... The "tazaring"...

Yes... tazers are WEAPONS.... and should be used as such... they are anything but a "cool" electric device that innocently makes people loose the "natural" functions of their bodies!!

From my perspective, as a security guard on the subways of Stockholm, Sweden for about 8 months before leaving the country, is that, though I was trained for use with expanding baton and handcuffs and self defense/tackling, you always run a great risk of personal physical injury in an aggressive conflict..

I am also a Natural Therapist. I have studied conflict resolution from many perspectives. I believe in the innate "good" within each of us. And I am willing to risk my life to protect the innocent and weak(especially children).
I am nobodies fool and say exactly what I feel is the truth to anybody..

And from this perspective the only "REALLY IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THIS INCEDENT" is "THE COMPLETE LACK OF CONFLICT RESOLUTION SKILLS AND THE GREAT COWARDICE" by these so called "PROTECTORS of THE PEACE".

I have dealt with so many drunk and violent people on the subway... And have ALWAYS been able to "humbly" "work" with these people without ever having even one time the need to "wrestle" somebody to the ground..

I remind you that I am an ex-elite skier who has skied in extreme situations around Europe and the states and am an active climber of long and short routes at a level of about 10a on-sight and trained martial arts with an ex Korean bodyguard for a Korean president..

Why do I say this?

Because if I wanted to I beat the "socks" off a lot of really tough characters.. I could have...

But who am I trying to "serve" when I aggressively "Separate" a young woman from her 1 year old child, than immediately, without a moment to reevaluate the situation, using great force throw the woman to ground, without controlling her fall, as you can and are trained to do to minimize risk of injury (face first maneuvers are the "last resort" tactics because it so easy to hit the face and head but also if this had been a man only slightly stronger this "brave" officer would NEVER have gotten him to the ground with such a clumsy move.. And his execution was completely incorrect because you can see the woman even if on the ground is not well contained and he needs to use EVEN MORE FORCE to "really" gain control.. ;o( a simple move while she was still standing from behind would have completely immobilized her and than WHILE STILL STANDING could have "negotiated" with this poor woman who probably was already petrified by this incompetent human being and was why she wanted to leave in the first place!!)

What about a quick call to the "Social Service" and simple HUMAN COMPASION AND GOOD OL' FASHIONED EMPATHY...

A quick review of the situation;
A mother makes the effort to get to to a police station, raises her courage to than ACTUALLY GO INSIDE and than ask them to "take her child from her". She than apparently changes her mind!! (Is that not her right??) At which timw this (i just cant use the name "officer" as this man does not deserve it) GUY makes a psychological evaluation (which I would hardly believe he was educated to make) and WITHOUT ANY PHYSICAL AGRESSION (from the part of the mother as she was holding her 1 year old child) ATTACKS THIS WOMAN AND HER CHILD (as he ripped the child from his mothers arms) and than "attacks" her as if she was carrying an armed weapon and had threatened to use it!!!

Just beyond any comprehension of any MAN who has any sort of respect for themself..

Do you think he has a little penis!!??!! No really sorry... THIS GUY SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM DUTY PLACED INTO PSYCHOTHERAPY AND THAN PUT TO WORK DIGGING HOLES BY HAND.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Although I absolutely can't stand the term "double edged sword," that's exactly what the use of a "non lethal deterrent" is. Now that it's not so much kill or be killed, the cops have taken full advantage of the new grey area they've been given with state permission. At least they're not blasting away at people anymore, but in the same token, there needs to be massive reforms with the "terms of use" when dealing with these tyes of weapons.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

You think thats bad.

A police officer here in AU pulled over a Crippled woman, on a highway, nearly 100km from the nearest Civilisation.

He Told her the car was unroad worthy, took her keys, locked her car & left her sitting there in her Wheelchair, at the side of the road, all alone in the middle of nowhere.

[edit on 11/30/2007 by Ironclad]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

Well, its not like they left her there without a set of wheels......

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The point isn't that she's prego. If you look at the video you can see shes wearing a heavy jacket so maybe the officer couldn't tell.

The point is where is this lady going to "escape" to? I mean she's right there at a police station. All you need to do is call another officer outside to assist in taking her inside and sitting her down in a cell to make her more cooperative. There's no reason to push her face into the ground and put a taser in the back of her neck. Are you telling me 2 male police officers can't get a woman in a temp holding cell without using extreme force?

That alone should have landed the cop on administrative leave.. Look I know cops have it tough and I believe in innocent until proven guilty. Nothing wrong with paid leave while they look into the matter. The article says the cop is still on duty. Probably tasering a jaywalker as I write this!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
As horrid as this story is, it really doesnt surprise me.
But then again i live in arizona where sheriff joe arpaio's 2 favorite devices are the tazer and the "restraint" chair. the second has claimed more than 9 lives in 3 yrs? one of the victims being a handicapped man who was arrested on an outstanding traffic warrent and had to be "restrained while in custody so he didnt hurt himself".
So who are the police "protecting&serving"? because it sure isnt the public

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
here is another officer "protecting and serving".
notice how "threatning" this woman looks.
youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

IMHO, Trigger-happy police have found a new toy with which to unleash their inner rage and control issues instead of an alternative like beating with night sticks or shooting that would have a higher likelyhood of them being fired, suspended, or jailed themselves. Therefore, we're seeing a rising rate of use of these "non-lethal" or "less-than-lethal" devices as they're so fond of calling them, which clearly they're not.
Also, it's a scientific and researchable fact that every time you're electrocuted, it kills cells in your body. These cells effectively explode. When they do so, they release a chemical, that when built up or release in massive amounts, becomes toxic and too much for your liver to filter. What kind of effects do you think this and the killing of cells have on a developing fetus? Common sense people.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well, no one should really be suprised... Cops are PIGS... power-hungry PIGS!!!
Forget about asking questions or attempting to communicate with people - just get right to the tazing. A person doesn't immediately obey a command - taze 'em! A person doesn't respond after being tazed - well, just keep tazing 'em man!
Taze 'em until they're dead. That's pretty much what they do.

I'm too lazy to link to the videos but just visit YouTube or Google Video and search for "Police Tazing" and watch some of the videos. In my opinion, the use of the tazer was jutified in about 10% of the situations where it was used. I mean 92 year old women, 5 year old children, handicapped people etc... No bother trying to "protect and serve" it's just "you didn't obey my commands exactly to my liking so here's the tazer!" F**King PIGS!!!

PIGS should be held accountable ANY and EVERY time they use ANY level of force. Since when is it ok for PIGS to commit assault, battery, felonious assault, etc... without having to answer for it... I mean besides all of the time!
Then when someone is tazed and they cannot control their muscles these fascist jackbooted PIGS rough people up by throwing them around, thrusting their knees into peoples necks and backs to cuff them or just put all of their weight on people suffocating them. Or, worse yet, these complete MORON PIGS, continue to bark out commands that they know the victim (Cus that's what they are at this point - victims of police... er, PIG brutality!) can't respond to so that they can continue to give them jolts from the tazer.

My vote, attach a deep cycle battery recharger to their privates and give 'em 10 minutes of that! I'd be willing to bet they'd never use that tazer again.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by eyewitness86

I can't say I always agree totally with your posts on this subject but I think your thoughts on inflicting punishment on some as opposed to just talking or arresting may have some merit.

I can see how this device is a chance to physically punish someone without being 'lethal force'. A bit like a child poking and pushing someone. It stokes some gratification in the person.

These actions state much about the officers using these devices under less than reasonable or necessary situations.

Exactly!! Pigs today know that they can get in real trouble if they are caught beating a citizen with their fists or nightsticks ..and they still have that thug aggression to deal with, so they TAZER and get their kicks that way. It is PAYBACK for citizens who do not OBEY INSTANTLY..payback for us when we ask the wrong questions or insist that our Rights be observed. Cops are COWARDS and do not want to take ANY chances if they can help it; They would rather shoot or stun or gas us all before they take a chance on geting a bloddy nose or their uniform torn. We are NOTHING to them except for POTENTIAL arrestees, future victims for their brutality.

Cops today LOVE to Tazer as it gives them TOTAL control opver inflicting great pain on another human being...and legally!! They get awa y with it. The cop thug mentality is the same as the criminal mentality: The cops are just too gutless to live out their lives as they would like to so they settle for a job where they get to abuse people and hurt people and kill people..and get away with it. PAIN infliction is a major rush for a sick pig: It gives them a thrill to see us thrashing on the ground screaming in pain: They love it, the sick freaks.

Maybe some day we will get to judge these pigs and give them the appropriate punishments for their evil deeds...I would love to be the one doling out the just desserts to these monsters.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Police have done just fine without tasers for over a century, they can do just fine without them now. As someone said above, tasers don't leave evidence. Sure, if cops didn't have tasers there would be more cases of people getting beat, but rational people realize that in extreme cases that is perfectly acceptable.

Tasers aren't the issue. The issue is that cops don't know when to use force.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
She must have been white, otherwise they would have shot her.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Heh heh, sucks to be her.

Cops are pretty crazy. I'd suggest doing whatever they say when they mess with you. She's lucky she didn't get capped.

Bzzzzzzt, lol.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Clemson Foreaker
She must have been white, otherwise they would have shot her.

True, so true.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It's simply disgusting that we have policemen who are cowardly enough to taser women. I have seen and heard too many accounts of this going on.

They are without conscience, and are the most cowardly authorities that we have to deal with. Anybody who needs to taser a female is a worthless male specimen, but they figure this out about themselves from an early age, so they gravitate towards positions of power and authority to make up for their weakness.

God will judge these people very harshly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join