It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we the greys?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct

I disagree. You are close tho.

I think there is some confusuion, I was speaking from the general relativistic point of view which does admit the existance of closed timelike loops.

Therefor when you go back in the past you are going instantly into an alternate dimension "a different future"

Very approximately, this is the "many worlds" interpretation from Quantum Mechanics, except it is not a dimension (that is a unit of space) it would be a parallel Universe, close to ours but not extact.

You coud however argue that there is no free will and that by going into the past, you were meant to do that, so somehow, your presence is accounted for. Until we have a complete theory of Quantum Gravity, I think this is a grey area and we have to say we just do not know.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by timelike]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by timelike

I agree.

But, a parallel universe IS another dimension.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by timelike

I think they are 'us' in that they are created by as as a manifestation of our hopes and fears. I don't think they're physically real, and certainly not an ET speicies.

I think that it's very possible that the greys could be some kind of subconscious archetype, but due to the large number of accounts, I personally find it more plausible that they are tangible creatures.

Originally posted by sethdarke
The way the world is i wouldn't put that thought aside, but my feeling is that even if they were "us" from the future, theres not much we can do about it anyway...

Not saying we should do anything about it, just theorizing on their origin.

reply to post by h3akalee

I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. I've been pretty busy lately, but I'll look into it in the near future. I'll reply (sooner or later) w/ my thoughts on it for sure...

Originally posted by Paul the seeker
I give you my opinion on it.

The greys are not us, they are engineered like us, just for a different purpose, which they need a better for example.

They're here to overlook us and do the intelligence work from above.

They are a kind of alien "CIA" serving the reptilian agenda that run this whole thing.

No it is simply NOT TRUE that greys are a higher evolutionary stage of humanity, don't believe that i tell you this honestly.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by Paul the seeker]

I'm just curious as to what credible evidence you've seen or what experiences you've had to cause you to arrive at this conclusion. I'm not saying that it's not a possibility as I don't know what the truth behind the matter is. It just seems like you're pretty sure of your stance on the subject.

Originally posted by philosopherrose
Don't know...

Neither do I

reply to post by Sator

reply to post by Alien Abduct

Great time travel speculations, thanks for the contribution to the thread.

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
I am more inclined to believe that any species which is abducting people, ruining their lives, and not benefitting us in the least, is not a good race, and not humans from the future.

I would agree that if they are ETs they're definitely not keeping our best interest in mind. But the self-centered behavior exhibited by the majority of humans in the present leads me to believe that a future version of our species could be that careless also.

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
The greatest E.T. story I ever read was Communion by Whitley Streiber, a man involved in the Roswell crash and abducted multiple times.

I haven't heard of this abduction case, sounds interesting though. You should post if on my thread "Whats your favorite abduction case?", it hasn't been brought up yet and I don't want to take credit for your contribution.

Originally posted by jackinthebox
As far as time traveling Grays goes, it's like this...They are indeed "us" from the distant future, but not really "human" either. They are at the end of an evolutional curve and can no longer reproduce. They are here to procure genetic material in hopes of prolonging the existence of the lifethread. They are not particularly mindful of our feelings or concerns because even though we are their ancestors, we are still animals. Do you think we would be so nice if we needed to experiment on homo habilis? (Hint: look at how we treat gorillas today, not to mention our own even.) They don't bother really talking to us or explaining themselves, because it's about the same as you explaining to a lab rat the details of the experiment.

Possible and well put. Very nice point on the behavior towards lower forms of life. For some reason it made me think of "Next" by Michael Chrichton.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
not to sound like a nerd but the plot of destroy all humans is that when mankind was still new they 'had relations' with women (kinda like child molestation dont'cha think?) and the women had kids and from there the furon genes were implanted in human dna and once furons couldn't reproduce they came for the virgin DNA so if thats the case with the greys,
they aren't us from the future but thats besides the point since greys are cybernetic beings which are basicly little more than robots.

just saying

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Are We The Greys?... Nuh, WE'RE THE MUTHAS!!
Come on now, all together... "Are we muthas?

WE ARE MUTHAS!

You know, these wigs kinda suit once you get used
to 'em.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
i have no idea what u are saying

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I agree.

But, a parallel universe IS another dimension.

Hi all, as you've guessed I'm new here. So first I'd like to say hello.

A question for Alien Abduct.

Forgive me if I sound daft but what are the differences between parallel universes and different dimentions if any?

I don't mean to be off topic. As soon as I get an answer I'll get right back on it.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hello Icon..
Been a while my friend.
Let me throw another theory into the ring and let the dogs have at it.
To me..the "grey" species of beings resemble that of a somewhat modified Human embryo.
Do I believe they are from the future or another dimension?
Actually..no.
If they do exist...beyond the minds of abductees..
I believe them to be a creature created on earth, hence the name "extra terrestrial".
Don't believe we have the technology to do so? I beg to differ. The knowledge of recent tech that we have, and what their truly is..is about 50 years beyond our comprehension.
I can only speculate why such creatures would be created and for what purpose. But they didn't fly here a million light years, to crash in a desert.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have considered this a possibility for almost as long as I have known of grey aliens. The natural selection aspect didn't quite make sense considering the large eyes, UNLESS they were under a condition of low light. This made me consider the ideas of project destiny etc. If elite groups (typically intelligent) survive a future event by living underground and are forced there for ages, this could start to lead in that direction. If scientist involved then try to taylor the genes of those living to better survive the conditions you can see how it would get closer to the grey example: smaller stature, mouths, less need for much food, eyes adapted for low light, highly intelligent. However, based upon the reports of abductees, all the modifications caused some unforeseen problems. Traveling back in time to gather specimens, genes and create hybrids to survive either their future, or to repopulate into our future so the forced underground refuge might not be necessary.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What is ETI? REALLY?
Perhaps only someone with ETI can explain it.

www.barrylong.org...

It's the best description I've ever heard..

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I believe them to be a creature created on earth, hence the name "extra terrestrial".

sorry if this sounds mean but extra terrestrial doesnt have to mean from this earth, in this context extra can mean beyond. that makes sense doesnt it? beyond earth. just like extra ordinary mean beyond ordinary

i still think the greys come from other planets

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icon_xof
I've been torn between two possible explanation for greys for a while now. I would like to believe that they are an ET race, but dig on this...

What if they're super evolved humans from the future? I mean look at that classic grey image, it looks like what we would look like if natural selection began to favor intelligence over physical prowess. Big head for a big brain, small body, big eyes, and that androgynous appearance (just imagine how much different the world would be if no one was distracted by sex and only reproduced when they wanted to). It would also explain why they seem to be so interested in us.

Maybe thats why "they" work so hard to suppress the truth; it would change the future too drastically if everybody knew. Who knows?....

Comments anyone? And lets stay on topic here, for now we'll say that hypothetically Darwinism is the right theory and that time travel with minimal complication is possible.

Just a thought to add to yours: If natural selection favored brains over brawn AND we lived in a low light, low gravity environment. (To explain big eyes and very thin limbs.)

So is it possible that we could evolve into such a creature in a 10-20 thousand years? Yup.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by chupacabraboy

Originally posted by AccessDenied

sorry if this sounds mean but extra terrestrial doesnt have to mean from this earth, in this context extra can mean beyond. that makes sense doesnt it? beyond earth. just like extra ordinary mean beyond ordinary

i still think the greys come from other planets

No it didn't sound mean..I respect your opinion. We are all merely speculating here, and not one of us knows for sure.Truth be known..I think we are probably all wrong and have not a real clue what the hell is going on.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Well i think we are on to something when discussing the grey's biology. I'm thinking of the large eyes. Alot of speicies on Earth that live in low light tend to have large eyes and eyesight adapted to night vision, One person here mentioned the theory that the greys are us living underground for a prolonged period after some sort of nuclear disaster or more likely nuclear war. That is not implausible given the level of violence and terorisim today which if left unchecked will lead to a nuclear conflict sooner or later i am sorry to say, so it is concieable that tgat the Greys are the descendants of those who survived in fall out shelters/bunkers. Maybe they had to live a few thousands of years underground before it was sag=fe enough to live on the Earth surface again. Not a very cheerful prospect for our children and children's children is it?.

However i do think it is more likely that the Greys are proper ailens ie from the stars and not indigenous to Earth. And judging from reports they are none too friendly either.
If i were to be abducted i hope it is by mutual consent and with a friendly ET race !!

[edit on 22/3/08 by Wirral Bagpuss]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

..I think we are probably all wrong and have not a real clue what the hell is going on.

yup im with you there

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join