It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deafening Silence. Casualities in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Okay, as of late, there doesn't seem to be much attention on the war in Iraq from the mainstream media. Why is this? Golly Gee Beaver, I MIGHT have found the explanation!

Source:Click Here

Does anyone have any opposing data to present? Surely this CAN'T be right!

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
No mention of the shiite camp calling a ceasefire against coalition troops either huh?

Or that US troops arent operating as much or as many patrols?

Yes, im certain things are changing in Iraq, it makes it neither legal, nor right.

Even the Nazi's had peace in Europe for a while.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I don't dispute these numbers, and they seem believable.

I do however wonder about the numbers of Iraqi Security Force casualties, they have (speculating here) probably increased proportionally. Or our boys are just getting better at dodging bullets, and watching out what they're doing.

Then there's Blackwater who likes to shoot first, and don't answer questions. (Are these guys coalition? or do they go under the label 'merc bullyboys'?

Then there's the increase in civilian death, the sectarian violence is just abhorring. Maybe we've decided it's wise to not get involved in religious politics there?

I don't know, these are just a few ideas I'm throwing out there as possible explination.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
How is this possible? I thought we were destined to lose this war. The question is, how will this exceptional news affect all those Democrats that have been so heavily invested in defeat of the US in this war?

The news can't be good for them or their cause...Great post...Guess what people.........WE'RE WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Look at the Anbar province. Sunnis working with American forces. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Most of the casualties were in the Anbar province, since then the Sunnis figured its better to work with Americans then fight to succeed to achieve their political objectives. You can thank the military for getting them to our side and breaking from the so called "Mujahadeen".

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Taking into considerationt that the site is a democrats hate site I will say that we need a less biased poll.

Then we have the election year that needs good news in other to keep the Republicans afloat and the war supported.

But the secret in Iraq is to be revelealed, still the country is in colapse, the government can not sustain itself and that it’s been slowing been divided between the three regions..

Northern – Kurdistan with two main enemy parties The Kurdistan Democratic Party and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan the fought a vicious civil war in the 1990s

Sourthen – Shiistan with two main groups fighting itself, Bradistan and Sadristan with Al Sadr as the leadder of the Sadristan.

Central – Sunnistan with its own struggles between Al-qaida and the sheikhs of Anbar.

What people seems to forget is how complicated the life of the Iraqi nations and its inhabitans actually is.

Is easier to keep the fightings from within that submit more troops to their demise and easier targets on the field.

Our soldiers has been kept away from the trouble areas and within Baghdad to support the surge and to keep causalties lows.

Everything that is coming from Iraq is been manipulated for public consumption.

Life in that volatil region of the world will never be the same again.

Take your time people to learn more about the nation that we are occupaying and learn what we have done and are doing to it right now.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnowItAll
Democrats that have been so heavily invested in defeat of the US in this war?

Ok, you said democrats, which is plural, so just out of morbid curioisty, can you show us more than one member of the Democratic party that has publicly expressed a desire for our defeat in Iraq, or show us anyone one who has a vested interest in being defeated there? If not I'm going to have to assume that you're so wrapped up in the illusion of the two party system here, that you actually believe that defeat of the US is some kind of political platform.

People really believe there's a difference don't they?

Thanks Rush Limbaugh, Anne Coulter, and god knows who else for expanding the right wing nut job demographic for us, god knows we needed more war mongering, that thirty years of relative peace after Vietnam must have been a tough time to get through for them.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I've talked to two persons who recently returned from Baghdad (one is an MD, my Nephew). These eye witnesses say that the situation has improved dramatically the last two months. They say the Markets are open again and the kids are playing in the streets again. No matter how people feel they should recognize Good News when it happens. Otherwise it means they are so consumed with hate their opinions can not be trusted. Ignoring the good news is in fact an admission they want us to loose and don't mind giving the Enemy a helping hand with false propaganda. The kind of propoganda that can cost American lives. Now that things are changing, peoples true faces will come to light. Honest people will be happy about it and our enemies will be obvious through their denial.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I personally am glad to hear this news. It may not mean the same thing to everyone who looks at it, but it is good anyway.

Two factors seem to stand out here to me. One is that there is a learning curve in war, just like most other human endeavors. The longer a war is fought, the smarter about survival the participants become. Leaders learn which actions to avoid taking and such.

The other is that wars ebb and flow, wax and wane. Taking any statistic on a short term view and projecting overall good or ill from it seems to be futile. So many factors are involved, from weather to holidays of the participants to supply lines and arms production, that using the statistics of even a single year is deceptive to those who do it.

But any reason to have less service people killed is a good thing.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The very best outcome is that we win and a true Democratic form of Government is formed in Iraq. Everyone should be 100% for that. Anyone opposed to that is beyond my understanding. What is important here is the Iraqi People's future and that we win and get out of there. I'm afraid there are lots of people who would rather see a blood bath just to make a Political point. They are more dangerous than the Terrorists in my mind. Their lives are ruled by hate and perceived enemies who probably don't exist.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

So you'd prefer that this unbiased source for statistics be a Republican hate site then? I find it odd that the only stats you'll accept are ones that are negative, but immediately question anything remotely positive as being propaganda. Could it not be that the negative reports are propaganda too?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Originally posted by KnowItAll
Democrats that have been so heavily invested in defeat of the US in this war?

Ok, you said democrats, which is plural, so just out of morbid curioisty, can you show us more than one member of the Democratic party that has publicly expressed a desire for our defeat in Iraq, or show us anyone one who has a vested interest in being defeated there? If not I'm going to have to assume that you're so wrapped up in the illusion of the two party system here, that you actually believe that defeat of the US is some kind of political platform.

People really believe there's a difference don't they?

Thanks Rush Limbaugh, Anne Coulter, and god knows who else for expanding the right wing nut job demographic for us, god knows we needed more war mongering, that thirty years of relative peace after Vietnam must have been a tough time to get through for them.

Jack Murtha;
*"Our military has done everything that has been asked of them, the U.S. can not accomplish anything further in Iraq militarily. IT IS TIME TO BRING THEM HOME."
*"We cannot win this militarily. Our tactics themselves keep us from winning."

Nancy Pelosi;
*“gives voice to the concerns of the American people” over a war that is now in its fifth year and “with no light at the end of the tunnel,”

Harry Reid
*“I believe … that this war is lost, and this surge is not accomplishing anything, as is shown by the extreme violence in Iraq this week,”

*"… I believe the war at this stage can only be won diplomatically, politically and economically.”

Try THAT for starters!!!!
Bottomline is they (the Congressional Democrats), aren't insane, they know we are winning in Iraq, and that they can do nothing to stop it, but their supporters are (insane), and since they pay the bills the democrats in congress must appear to support their insane beliefs, less their supporters will stop paying the bills.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I also want to add that Iran is helping to stop the illegal flow of materials and people across it's border into Iraq. At least they say they are but the number of EFP kills has gone down so this, at a minimum, has to be partly correct.

Couple that with the news that was mentioned by deltaboy, along with a troop surge and change of tactics, this shouldn't be a surprise.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

Not only that . . . as I understand it . . .

There have been 3500 aproximately military casualties of the USA in Iraq Afghanistan . . .

There were more than 7,000 under DILLbo KLINTOON

You don't hear about that in the MSM either.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Well, in the opening of this thread, I asked if anyone had any opposing data to present. I so far have only got opposing opinions. As someone previously mentioned, there are people that are only going to reply if the data is NEGATIVE for our troops. One person called the source "a Democrat hate website".

I guess what is funny about that is nobody has even cited data presented by a Republican hate website (plenty of them, particularly focused on "conservative" hate). I sort of figured this thread wasn't going to last long, for this reason exactly.
Its hard to walk without a leg to stand on.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by CreeWolf]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Well, in the opening of this thread, I asked if anyone had any opposing data to present. I so far have only got opposing opinions. As someone previously mentioned, there are people that are only going to reply if the data is NEGATIVE for our troops. One person called the source "a Democrat hate website".

I guess what is funny about that is nobody has even cited data presented by a Republican hate website (plenty of them, particularly focused on "conservative" hate). I sort of figured this thread wasn't going to last long, for this reason exactly.
Its hard to walk without a leg to stand on.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by CreeWolf]

Those numbers are correct. I could list those killed this month by name if you want.

In another post I list a web site Iraq Body Count and they had Iraqis deaths for the week 4-10 Nov at about 150. This is a rather big drop too from a year ago at 3000 and up per month.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I agree that these numbers are correct as well. My brother was in Taji and he lost more friends stateside between his two tours. (One guy was actually shot in the head by his wife a week after he got home.) I think the invasion was illegal and that Bush is a war criminal and traitor, but I never understood why the casualty figures were touted as a measure of anything in this war. I dont want to sound like I'm minimalizing each and every American lost, but a few thousand in five years is not much compared to Vietnam. Furthermore, it's not much against the estimated 100,000 Iraqi casualties suffered in the chaos that ensued the invasion.

As a side note, it was mentioned somewhere here that casualty figures might be intentionally altered, and that many more troops have actually been killed.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Is elections to think about in our nation and by all means no political party wants too many hidden body bags coming from Iraq.

While the situation in Iraq may be manipulated to avoid as many casualties of soldiers as they can, this doesn't mean that death in Iraq is not business as usual when it comes to civilian deaths, but American doesn't care about civilian deaths is the American soldiers life what we want to keep low for now.

Soldies that die resulting from wounds after been air lifted from Iraq are not counted as fatalities.

This site by DOD count shows something interesting, the amount of wounded that if they result in death are not tag as fatalities so we will never know about them but only their families when they get the bodies for burial.

U.S. Wounded and medical evacuations As reported by the DoD as of 10/1/2007

MEDICAL AIR TRANSPORTS (HOSTILE AND NON-HOSTILE) 38,164

www.icasualties.org...

The numbers are quite interesting.

Self inflicted wounds causing death are not counted also.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Marg, where are you(and others who make this assertion) getting your info that any fatalities are not counted(i.e. if they are air lifted or commit suicide)? I looked at that site, and here's what it said-

www.icasualties.org...
"The following is a list of U.S. Fatalities who have died in hospitals in Germany and The United States. Some have claimed that The Department of Defense does not report these deaths, they are obviously mistaken.
Note: these deaths are included in our overall totals. "

Please stop with the misinformation, and make an attempt to be objective.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If your numbers were indeed fact..dont yo think the silence from the media would be the last thing you´d expect.

Casualties at an all time low !!!...look...were ARE winning the war etc etc.

What i thinks happening here is a fact you dont seem to mention..

CHRISTMAS IS HERE..and who wants to learn about their sons dying in some foreign field when he should be at home shoving his face with turkey.

I think over the winter period the mainstream media will go quiet on all the things you dont want to know and show nothing but videos of Condoleeza Rice serving servicemen their apple sauce on a surprise visit.

Its all lies and crap..but meant to shield humans from heartbreaking facts at the most sensetive time of the year.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by andy1972]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join