It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8th grader's throat slit in miami middle school

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Absolutly frightening for parents. My son is sitting in an 8th grade classroom right now.

jr high is the worst, its a commen misconspsen that highschool it the worst

theres more respect in high school then jr high and in high school they actuly do somthing about proublem kids, even change there classes witch in JR high its much harder to do.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
As a parent, it makes you want to keep your kids at home and homeschool them instead. Thankfully my kids school is 5 minutes from my house and I have a relative who works in the school...so I have a little piece of mind, but it still worries me...especially since I have 2 little bratty boys.

DoD

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
why? thats all i ask

they are only there to get an education to go on in life

wot kind of sick society are we living in today?

why

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by DoD]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The public schools in my area suck so bad that my parents stuck me in a catholic school. When I dont even believe in God. They need to put more money into the schools and give them a better education. They just have no respect for the people teaching them. Maybe if the teachers cared about what they were teaching the schools would be a little better off.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
......that's disgusting. I'm sure the kid who commited this act of murder got the idea from some movie,video game, or maybe past cases of the same thing. I know it sounds funny but it HAS happend before. Kids get weird ideas through means of entertainment.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
what's really strange about this whole incident is that the 2 boys were BEST FRIENDS!!!. Also the child that committed the murder actually planned to do it, he took the knife and a latex glove, however he hasn't given any motives as to why he committed the crime.

yeah, thats why hes been charged with murder one, pretty tweaked out huh?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoD
why? thats all i ask

they are only there to get an education to go on in life

wot kind of sick society are we living in today?

why

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by DoD]

well, we are living in my society, unfortunately. we (kids these days) are so wrapped up in everything we have (all of you out there that are kids, dont mess around the issue, you're wrapped into it too, if you werent you wouldnt be wasting time on the INTERNET). so thats life and i know im a hypocrite if there ever was one but im trying to change it.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
"Kids these days"?

This isn't the first time in history that something of this nature has occured. Of course, it's hideous, no matter when in history it happens, but unstable, evil or cruel people of all ages is not new.

I would be interested in whether or not per capita juvi-murderers has increased. One hitting the news is not in itself indication of "Kids these days".

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
"Kids these days"?

This isn't the first time in history that something of this nature has occured. Of course, it's hideous, no matter when in history it happens, but unstable, evil or cruel people of all ages is not new.

I would be interested in whether or not per capita juvi-murderers has increased. One hitting the news is not in itself indication of "Kids these days".

its a cliche...connotation, not denotation. look what i wrote before, about how none of its changed, its always been there (ie- kids in war). background check

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
All I have to say is THANK GOD IT WAS NOT A GUN.

That would have set off all the Anti Second Amendment folks again.

Then I'd have to shut them down all over again.

It is a shame that this happened though. I just heard of 6 kids being left home alone. Ages 12 years to 3 months.

There was crap (literally) on the floor and the baby had not been changed in DAYS. For those of you with kids, you know exactly how nasty that would be.

In the end, they were eating raw chicken.

Nasty people live in the world.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
well when i was around 13-17 or somethin, i used to always drive around with my friends looking for people to hop out on and beat the crap out of, we knew who we was messing with most of the time, other times it was just cuz they was in the wrong hood at the wrong time...but i've learned from that lifestyle, and i saw the rest of my generation calm their ass down..I mean if u had thundercats and ninja turtles with their slang and talkin back, why are we okay but these kids with censorship and dorky cartoons are going crazy?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Lemo, I am very familiar with that cliche, and use it quite often when I observe some wannabe gangsta bustin' and saggin'.
I was echoing your thoughts and also pondering the per capita stastics, hoping someone not as lazy as I would find them!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
my bad, unassuming white guy.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
"Southwood, recognized as an "A" school the past three years for the performance of its students on standardized tests, opened in 1976. The school, which houses grades six through eight, is home to a visual and performing arts magnet."

its a performing arts school in south miami that does good on standardized testing? Performing arts funds have long been used for recruiting , but i had no idea they did it as early as 8th grade

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
maybe the kid was making an artistic expression

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
A kid at my school was taken and shotten execution style, just last year. Kinda sad, actually. I looked for an online article about it on the net but couldnt find any thing. His name was zach street it was in idaho. Poor boy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join