It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8th grader's throat slit in miami middle school

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
well hello columbine, looks like you have a twin.
this morning, feb 4th, a 14 year old kid in a miami middle school was murdered in the bathroom by a fellow student. his throat was slit and he bled to death before the paramedics arrived.

theres the facts. the entire school was put on lockdown and the students locked into their firstperiod classrooms, none of them were told what was going on.
heres the link:

www.newsday.com...

so we say, thank god columbine is over. we say, thank god that crazy teenagers can be kept in line with gun control. what the hell are you thinking? AN 8TH GRADER'S THROAT WAS SLIT. quit hiding, quit lying, quit convering up. this is real. this is #ed, i know that what i just wrote was probably bleeped out but i dont care, ill say it again, this is #ed. last week, two kids from MY old middle school were stabbed...at the high school down the road from mine. but, thank god columbines over, right? kids arent as stupid and nonresourceful as you think. some of my best friends are cutters and use the bathroom toilet paper dispensor blades. and making schools kid safe arent going to help anything at all. we'll just find other, more drastic, means. so what is the point of all this? no point really. but thats how most of all these kid attacks are, pointless.

messed up? yeah. but welcome to the "new generation." goodness, we think of the wars and terrorism and how brutal our government is now? i bet none of you can wait until MY generation gets into office. say goodbye to the middle east and everyone else we've been brought up to hate, they prbably wont exist. the way some of the kids at my school talk about it, im anticipating that they lower the age to join the army and we'll have more in our militia than civilians. but this is the generation i have to live with. and if you think you can help me change it, or if you just want to try, please do. this is #ed, this is going downhill fast, and this is my generation. :-/

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Thats a shame....I mean violance like that. Schools arn't safe and in this Day and age bullies are using wepons, not just picking fights. I don't blame the music, Video games or TV, I blame the parents of the kid that brought the knive....why didn't they look in his back pack or something.

And why wasn't this covered like the shootings? because it was a knive? because I didn't hear about it until now....

Still Sad though...reminds me of Pay it Forward....exsept here, the kid's thoat was cut...sad...

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
wow. I hadn't even heard about that. that is so unfortanate. such a waste of life.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Nothing is going to stop school violence really unless we start shackling children like inmates in prision. Just about anything can and has been used as a weapon at one point. My main question about all of this is what drives a child to kill someone, especially in so vicious a manner as to cut their throat? Also I'm wondering what kind of punishment will be given for the crime?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
i think i figured something out....
its not the tvs fault
honestly...all this hatred we're so "suddenly" expressing, isnt sudden at all. imean, during the american revolution, there were kids our ages out on the front lines killing each other. we've always had to capacity to do such things but as age and the american dream is saying we should be wonderful children, we're still stuck in the same #ing mindset all the kids were in the american revolution. its just going up and up and up and the more restrictions and age limits they put on it will seem so much worse...but its not. the only reason it really is getting worse is because we have bigger guns, sharper knives, and easier bombs. but hate is the same as it was 100 years ago and now we have to step up and realize that its not going away.

but if its been here all this time and we've been trying to stop it and it wont, then what can we do? what havent we tried?

well, we havent tried just accepting the fact that hate is a human reaction we all feel no matter how hard we try to conceal it. the black kid and the white kid hold hands, the dork and the jock do a project together, and we think, hate is gone! but its NOT, thats the problem.

to me, this world and so many of the people in it are SO #ING BEAUTIFUL. but that doesnt mean we have to look at it with rose tinted glasses. but at one time in every single human beings life, the first time they hold a pen they could be the next bradbury, the next joyce; the first time they hold a paintbrush they could be the next picasso, the next basquiat. the first time we do anything we could be so wonderful at any of it, music, sports, drawing, making someone smile, ANYTHING! and if to me, bradbury and joyce and picasso and basquiat are beautiful...then every single one of us is.

but when we choose to hide it, its the saddest thing ill ever know. and all the things we've ever wanted to do build up. good or bad, they build up and one day we let it out in the purest, most defying, most exhuberent way we can.

hate.

thats why things like that kid dont surprise me, i see it every day in so many of my friends.

so quit lvoing behind closed doors. or else the day you finally open them, all you'll be able to do is scream.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
for whoever wanted to know how the kid you slit his throat was punished, he got charged with murder in the first degree. pretty steep for a 14 year old huh?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Is that not appropriate for someone who has the mental capability to actually consider what he is going to do? I think so.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
im sure the kid that got his nick slit was his own problem and the kid he kept bioling (ITS REALY BAD IN JR HIGH NOW) snapped *** *** ********* * ****** **** ****

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I went to Cutler Ridge Middle School which was just 5 minutes away from Southwood.

We used to have the biggest rivalries with Southwood, especially in soccer and basketball.

When I heard the news I was like damn. That section of Miami isn't the nicest area, but it also isn't the worst so it bothered me.

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by Illmatic67]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LemoYourEmo
for whoever wanted to know how the kid you slit his throat was punished, he got charged with murder in the first degree. pretty steep for a 14 year old huh?

Thats just what hes being charged with. Im wondering if he will even serve real jail time in a federal prision, rather than a stay in a juvenile detention center. I wouldnt be suprised that if he is convicted of first degree murdrer that he spends his days in a juvenile center untill 18, then maybe a few years in a federal prision, and back out on the streets by 23.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Nightmarish, but this isn't exactly without prescedent. We amp up the stories liek columbine, throwing aroudn the blame. Face it, in every generation there must be a number of psychopaths. however, in this day and age, we hear about it instantly. A kid gets killed in Miami. Yes, that's bad. But so many other die every day in similar incidents, and yet we never hear about it.

I've seen the wrong side of a lot of tracks in my time. It's almsot like I lead two lives- I have one group of friendly, oversheltered nerds who are largely ignorant of the world, and another of cutters, manic-depressives and other people with problems. I've seen both sides. how can we have such dichotomy in modern society?

Another thing is that these kids in school are loaded down with a lot, in addition to frequent abuse. They are expected to perform well in school, in addition to becoming 'well-rounded students' and are pressured by parents to a near overwhelming degree. I tire of the argument "Today's Kids are Pussies"- I doubt you'd say that of your own children. In oen article I read, some kid put up a site labbled "I hate John Smith", posting daily hatred. Others joined in, with quite a number (over 200, if my insomniatic brain can be bother to recall), signing the guestbook and adding their own comments. You didn't have that in your day, did you?

The information age has led to access to all kinds of information, including detailed bios on the Columbine shooters. This had led to a few bullied children finding them 'kindred spirits', or even 'martyrs'. When I see how children these days treat each other, I'm not surprised. I've heard too many horror stories to write these points of view off immediately. I don't know, sometimes I feel sympathy for them. But that's just me.

DE

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
im not surprised either, thats the reason its so bad

the reason certain things like columbine are hyped and others not are simply because of the area it occurs in or the status of the towns citizens. you go somewhere else and its not surprising, its expected really.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Nothing is going to stop school violence really unless we start shackling children like inmates in prision.

I have a question for you. Do you have children yourself?
I seriously doubt you do, judging from the comment you gave above. I don't want my child "shackled".
I don't think there are any other parents that do either!! Do you honestly think that it's a solution? The problem of juvenile violence is multi-faceted.
It's partly the parents fault for not keeping in touch with their own childs mental state.
It's partly the school administration's fault for losing a lot of their control and power over the children. They have had a lot of power taken away by the parents, who don't wish to see their child locked into a prison-like environment.
It's partly the media's fault. A child is almost guaranteed to witness an act of violence once a day on television, whether it be a cartoon, a movie, or in the news.

It's a Catch-22 situation. If you shelter a child from any form of violence, it will be a system shock when they do witness it. On the other hand, if you let them see it, there is a chance of them being desensitized to it, and think it's a normal way of life.

How many video games are there that don't have any form of violence? How fun are the ones that don't have violence?

I know I'm rambling, but I've been struggling with the thought of sending my child to public or private school. My wife and I will go broke before we let him be "shackled" in a prison-like education system.

My child will not be a prisoner in a place he is supposed to be learning.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
im sure the kid that got his nick slit was his own problem and the kid he kept bioling (ITS REALY BAD IN JR HIGH NOW) snapped *** *** ********* * ****** **** ****

Can you clarify this comment? I don't understand what you are trying to express. ?????

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
That comment clarified would be nice....

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
what's really strange about this whole incident is that the 2 boys were BEST FRIENDS!!!. Also the child that committed the murder actually planned to do it, he took the knife and a latex glove, however he hasn't given any motives as to why he committed the crime.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Not like any reason would really be a good one, anyway.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Absolutly frightening for parents. My son is sitting in an 8th grade classroom right now.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Knowing kids these days...the victim probably beat him in a game of Yugi-oh !!!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It is frightening for parents. And the other day there were five schools evacuated due to bomb threats in Fort Meyers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join