It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Sentenced in NY Terrorism Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Doctor Sentenced in NY Terrorism Case

ap.google.com

He said a co-defendant, jazz musician and martial arts expert Tarik Shah, had duped him into taking an oath with an FBI agent who posed as an al-Qaida recruiter, never explaining that he was pledging loyalty to al-Qaida or its leader, Osama bin Laden.

"I'm an extremely gullible man," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
So the guy is set up in a FBI sting to recruit terrorist. Had the scenario not been fabricated by the FBI, this man wouldn't be a terrorist. Where are the real terrorist?

ap.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I just have a real problem with our government recruiting terrorist for prosecution. Seems like entrapment. In order for a sting to be legal, it must be set up to catch a criminal act, not create one.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This is really really really weird.

Doesn't make sense.

Its the same as a kid making his friend set a fire in the school, then making him get caught. Whats the point?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
no, its more like a kid convincing his friend to state he will start a fire, and then get him in trouble for masterminding arson.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Then the judge's decision is rather troubling.

The judge said she concluded Sabir perjured himself when he testified during trial that he did not understand the accent of the FBI agent during the pledging ceremony and did not realize that "al-Qaida" was said or that references to "Osama" were about bin Laden.

I can't figure it out. He perjured himself with his defense?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
We talked about this on a thread that I started last night. It seems to have gone kaput now, but you might be interested to read Terrorist Doctor

[edit on 29-11-2007 by jackinthebox]

new topics

top topics

join