It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassin's Creed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I bought this tonight along with Mass Effect. I've been reading about this game for a while.

It's pretty cool, you are using a VR machine of sorts that can read memory encoded on DNA apparenlty your great great great ad naseum grandfather was an uber assasin.

The kill blows are pretty sweet, sorta reminds me of Prince of Persia for some reason...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Are you not giving the plot away there buddy?? That's a MAJOR spoiler there... Anyhoo i heard good and bad stuff about the game but apparently all the issues are going to be addressed with an upcoming patch.

How far are you into it?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
No I am not spoiling anything I've only played the first mission.

The whole VR marchine (Animus) is at the start, they fill you in on whats going down but don't tell you what they need from you.

Good stuff

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Got the game today for my 360.

It's amazing, I totally agree with Lysergic about the reference to Prince of Persia. Fighting is really well developed, especially being able to fight more than one person at the same time.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I've had the game for about 2 weeks now. Awesome game, I have only one bad thing to say about it.

The fact that now that I can counter, thats all fighting has become. Once you can counter you can live any fight afterwards.

The storyline is amazing: 10/10
The graphics are phenomenal: 10/10
Sounds are also good:9/10
Overall I would give the game 9.5/10

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
My friend wants this for Christmas, but I heard that the game can get repetitive after a while. Is it worth the $60? People here seem more positive about it.

JbT

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Megaton

I heard about the repetititive thing too. Ive been planning to buy it used some time down the road.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
i've completed it now.

Boring. Once you've done one assisnation, you've basically seen the game. It's the same principle without.

No reply whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hmm, that's disappointing.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I bought it when it was released and didn't put it down for a few days (Only when I had to sleep and work). You're right about the counter-attacking; I used that continuously after I mastered it.

It was well repetative but the story line dragged the game along really well.

My only complaint is that the last level was glitched to hell for me. I either had to Altair's to control (WTF?!!) - They did exactly the same movements as eachother but we're spaced slightly apart. Fighting was cool though with that glitch - OR the landscape would become non-existant and I would fall to my death.

Good game, can't wait for the sequels!

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
aye its a pretty decent game
although the way it was described in all the mags ect, never thought it would have modern day content in it, thougt it was gunna be more of a constant RP style game through the crusades, aint complainin, still an amzing game =) but would have preferd it not to have the animus thingy, kinda makes the game feel kinda weird at times.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I'm about 85% through the game right now and it does get a little repetitive. Also I agree with what many have said about counter attacks.. makes the game a bit easy. One way to spice things up is to lure your attackers to the rooftops. Then only use your blade to parry and just use your grab to throw your opponents to their deaths.

SCRAMJET RATING:

Pros- Amazing graphics, good play control and decent storyline.

Negs- Repetitive, AI still needs to be improved.

Overall- 7.9 / 10

[edit on 22-12-2007 by Scramjet76]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I loved the game right up until it stopped working, I guess it decided it didnt want to load the missions and now im just stuck, so I basically just ended up running around and trying to glitch the game out.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I have come to prefer Mass Effect and CoD4 over it.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pshkwamy

a halo on yer disc?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

What is this halo on my disk you speak of, im not sure what that would be.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I have just come to realise that this game is going to have sequals.

forums.gametrailers.com...

Now I don't know about the name or release date but I do believe there will be sequals and it seems that the stories will be in a manner of different time periods. I really hope that there will be a modern day one at some point.
Can't wait to see what they pull out the bag.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Not sure if you played the game, mate. I thought it was quite obvious sequels would be in the making. Not trying to sound like a complete smart arse (I despise those self-brown nosing idiots), just stating my opinion.

I hope Ubisoft make the future A.Creed games less bloody glitchy. Last level was just appalling.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
Not sure if you played the game, mate. I thought it was quite obvious sequels would be in the making. Not trying to sound like a complete smart arse (I despise those self-brown nosing idiots), just stating my opinion.

I hope Ubisoft make the future A.Creed games less bloody glitchy. Last level was just appalling.

Never Played it, Really Want it. Only getting a 360 this Christmas.
I also hate "Holier than thou" kind of types. Maybe I should have clarified that I never played it.

I'm pretty excited to hear the news as I followed the news about the first for about a year before it came out.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by Chukkles]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Yeah, man. I was hyped up for this game for months.

I hope your xbox360 brings as much happiness into your life as much as it has mine!

new topics

top topics

join