It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist Doctor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Is it just me, or is there something seriously wrong with this? Aren't doctors suppost to treat everyone? Aparrently the U.S. feels that everyone but their enemies are entitled to medical treatment. I suppose that fits right in with torture being legalized.

Doctor sentenced in NY terorrism case

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Are you takin the piss?

He was willing to help the enemy, the people who wanna see both me and you dead.

He should have been booted out of the country.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Yes there is something very wrong with this, When someone provides support for terrs they ONLY get 15 years?, it should have been much more time...Dang liberal NYC judge's...But have no fear, the inmates of NY's prison system will show him some " love", kinda like how rapists and other's of their ilk are welcomed...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Nope. He got what he deserved. Yes, there is the "Treat the patient, not the uniform" thing, but, c'mon...

YOUR source article

U.S. District Judge Loretta A. Preska noted Dr. Rafiq Sabir, 53, showed no remorse after his May conviction for conspiring to provide material support to terrorists by agreeing to treat injured al-Qaida members so they could return to Iraq to battle Americans.

YOUR source article

Al Qaida is NOT a uniformed army. Therefore, the doctor is treating terrorists...who we are losing US Soldiers to.

Fry 'im!
Cuhail

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If it is a crime to treat wounded people because thay hold a different ideology, then we should start right here in the US. Take all infirmarys out of prisons, turn away people from hospitals who show up with unexplainable gunshot wounds, never treat illegal immigrants, revoke medical coverage to all felons. Drug dealers in particular should be stripped of their right to be treated by a doctor, since their illicit activity may be providing material support to terrorists as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a terrorist lover but I have not lost my humanity either. I am also against no-warrant searches too, but for more homeland security (especially at borders and points of entry.)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What if an American medic treated a wounded al-Qaeda member? I'm sure many have in fact. They should be prosecuted as well by the logic of this conviction.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
What if an American medic treated a wounded al-Qaeda member? I'm sure many have in fact. They should be prosecuted as well by the logic of this conviction.

Would that "Terrorist" Al-Queda member be sent back out to the battlefield? No, I think not. He would be considered an enemy combatant and imprisoned.

Don't be thick,
Cuhail

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Okay, I'll concede that point, but give another example. What if there was Western doctor there (like the doctors without borders thing) who treated anyone who came into the clinic without first asking for affiliation?

Also keep in mind that this man was treating local tribal warriors while his country was being invaded by a foreign power. If he didn't treat them they probably would have killed him.

This whole thing just really sets a bad precedent. Everyone is entitled to emergency medical attention.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Also keep in mind that this man was treating local tribal warriors while his country was being invaded by a foreign power. If he didn't treat them they probably would have killed him.

This whole thing just really sets a bad precedent. Everyone is entitled to emergency medical attention.

He never treated anybody in al-Queda. He was convicted of conspiring to provide support for Al-Queda. He never left the States.

Did you read the whole article? You're putting in suppositions of your own to support your own feelings on the article. Discuss the case or discuss your feelings, but they are completely different. As far as Doctors without Borders is concerned, I think there IS some regulation involved to keep them helping refugees and the like and yes, I bet a lot of tribal fighters get treated by those doctors and return to fighting...but not in Iraq so much as Africa and Central America. I think it would be hard to pull that sort of thing off in a sector of the world where our military forces are fighting.

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Dag nabbit! Got me again. I was getting a bit punchy last night when I read the article.

Let me try to salvage the last few tattered remnants of my argument. I still believe that everyone has a right to emergency treatment. Furthermore, 25 years seems a bit harsh since he didn't even actually provide treatment. Murderers get that much time.

However...after closer examination this individual does not seem to have been on a righteous quest. If he had been helping his fellow local countrymen who were wounded in battle that might have been one thing. It appears instead that he was merely trying to get paid. He swore loyalty to al-Qaeda (he denies this of course) but I don't really think he had any real loyalty to any political ideology. I think he was in it for the money. I would have respected him more if he admitted his oath and was remorseless in his desire to heal terrorists. At least he still would have been genuine in his desire to help people.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by jackinthebox]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I agree with you. Also declaring a war on terrorism is the dumbest thing I think I have ever heard off. It is declaring a war on a type of warfare - that makes sense.

top topics

join