It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the world's largest artificial moose?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

If you'd been wondering to yourself, 'is there anywhere I can go in the world to wonder around inside a giant elk, and maybe grab a bite to eat?' then you may be in luck.

Local officials in Sweden have just granted permission for the construction of a giant architectural moose, which will act as a concert hall and restaurant, entered via the moose's mouth.

The elk building will stand nearly 150ft high.
Source | Metro.co.uk | Is this the world's largest artificial moose?

Oh yeah! I wanta go!

Take the elevator up the tree, enter through the moose's mouth....wait...is it an elk or a moose?

Ah, there's a Monty Python-ish disclaimer at the end of the article to explain:

Elk/Moose terminology update: what is commonly called a moose in North America is called an elk in Europe. The fact that there is a different animal, native to North America, which the locals have decided refer to as an elk is not our fault. The animal featured in the article is the European Elk, Alces alces, or moose to North Americans. That we choose to occasionally refer to it as a moose is partly as a courtesy to our North American friends, to let them know which animal we're talking about, but mostly because 'moose' is a funnier sounding word. But if you think we're going to give up calling our elk 'elk' just because you lot went over there and started calling something that wasn't an elk an elk, well, think again. Elk elk elk.

Those crazy Swedes!

Here's the project's website: --- The Worlds Largest Moose ---

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I wish to be one with the moose!

Finally a reason to visit sweden!

MonKey

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Finally a reason to visit sweden!

You mean besides all the big, beautiful, blonde.....uh...artificial pine trees?

Which reminds me of a season appropriate blonde joke:

There were two blondes who went deep into the frozen wood searching for a Christmas tree.

After hours of subzero temperatures and a few close calls with hungry wolves, one blonde turned to the other and said, "I'm chopping down the next tree I see. I don't care whether it's decorated or not!"

Thanks for the post, ChiKeyMonKey!

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have an overwhelming urge to carve my initials into the side if a giant architectural moose

(edit to add: )

the above post appeared to occupy more than one line of type when originally submitted.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

The dude would.

Personally, I wonder if they have plans for a "rear" window, and if it's located where it ought to be...

If so,that'd be a cool spot from which to bungee jump, knowwhatImean?

It'd be cool to send home a postcard stating, "I bungee jumped from the bung-hole of a giant moose, wish you were here?"

BTW, What the heck is "cacozelia?"

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

BTW, What the heck is "cacozelia?"

It's the latin root of the modern English verb "to google."

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

Thanks!

I used the on-line dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia, and "all reference" and left them all scratching their heads over that one.

Never thought to "google" it!

I "moosed" have suffered a brain fart!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

It'd be cool to send home a postcard stating, "I bungee jumped from the bung-hole of a giant moose, wish you were here?"

As a matter of fact, I actually had learned what the word bunghole actually means from watching TV, yes, watching TV! I was watching The Discovery Channel's Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe as he was at a brewery.

Thus this is what I LEARNED FROM TELEVISION:

Bunghole: The hole in a cask, keg, or barrel through which liquid is poured in or drained out. And yes, the Vulgar Slang meaning: The anus.

We eat

because we are poor!!!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by motherofsquirrelkiller

Quite true!

And the "bung" is what plugs the "bung hole."

So I guess that would make the above scenario a case of bungee un-bunging a giant moose bung-hole.

new topics

top topics

join