It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion Thread for ATS's Holiday Avatar Competition (RESULTS ANNOUNCED!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Welcome to Above Top Secret's Holiday Avatar Competition 2007!

All entries should be submitted here: Above Top Secret's Holiday Avatar Competition 2007

This thread is here to discuss anything pertaining to the competition. All comments, questions, etc., should be posted here.

Good luck to everyone!

[edit on 28-11-2007 by chissler]

[edit on 2-1-2008 by chissler]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
GREAT! I'll post as soon as i can, unfortunately I wont be here to see who wins, I leave for Queensland (best state for holidays in Australia) on the 28th of December, so I wont be here to say congratulations, or in a very slim chance thanks, to people for winning, hope it is a great comp. can't wait to see the other entries.

Roswell.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
OK,

I'm all" in...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Semper

[edit on 4-12-2007 by chissler]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have a problem vewing the entries.

Those hosted by photobucket displays the message "Network Error (tcp_error)" Not sure what it means, but it started 3 days ago, and among others, I cannot view Wiki.

Anybody else got the problem or can tell me what it means?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Yeah, and catchfly-hosted images seem to warp the proportions of the images displayed in-thread, though the avatar display area in the mini-profile displays fine. I don't think all the kinks in the new image display system have been worked out.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I believe the problem was stemming from the usage of the wrong bbcode. When the appropriate [ats] [/ats] tags are used, the images should appear normal.

libra, I've edited yours and used the right code. Let me know if it looks any better.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Solid, homey! It looks much better. You can go ahead and remove the "EDIT: Not cool..." comment, since now it'd make no sense. Thank you very much for fixing it and letting me know about the tags. I didn't know about those ATS tags. That's a new one to me.

Looks like competition got a lot tougher this round.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I should probably mention that this is my son's first actual "photo with Santa" picture, as opposed to some image I grabbed off the net.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

Hes a cutie and what a great first Santa shot to have grabbed, you got lucky on the timing. We havent taken my baby girl to see Santa yet, cant wait !!

I used images from the net, but I altered them lots and lots this time around. The alien in the christmas bulb was photoshoped into the image of the tree/bulb and the rest was just basic copy and paste with styles and colors etc. I suppose some people think thats not really creating something unique but I know how much time it takes to make it just right !!

If it ever gets to where we cant use images from the net, I am up for the challenge!! Bring it on.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellipsis

I'm not remotely uber at photoshop, and I can tell how much work you put in on yours. I have to say, IMHO, so far, Ellipsis, yours is the best.

A lot of people underappreciate the difficulty and art in monochrome images. Shading, placement, arrangement, and subject matter takes on an entirely new degree of importance. You handled the ornament avi brilliantly. Great job!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Glad I saw this, I had forgotten it was time to drag out the old holiday avvy.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Hey wupy!

Glad to see you around the boards. If we don't run into one another again, Merry Christmas! Have a safe holiday season.

All the best,
chissler

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Got mine up last night. I had almost forgot it was that time of year already.

Glad it is though. I love the holiday season!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There hasn't been hardly any entries this year. I thought there would be tons!

Hopefully things will pick up soon. It'll be Christmas before we now it.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The xmas avatar competion still open?

Not much movin', but doing avas today I came to think about it.

Could I get a confirmation, before I submit.

And close is 28th?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
There hasn't been hardly any entries this year. I thought there would be tons!

Hopefully things will pick up soon. It'll be Christmas before we now it.

Agreed I tossed in a late entry as we have been sooo busy with the holidays ect...Im sure there will be more "last minute" entries as people get settled.

Great entries so far, they're all really good! Merry CHRISTmas everyone.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Any news on the judging?

The entries all looked really good...

Semper

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'd expect to see something in the next day or two. Just waiting on the response of a couple more.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

RESULTS ANNOUNCEMENT...

It's that time again when we mark the closure of another successful Above Top Secret avatar competition, and it's time we dole out a few points to the deserving few who took the time to participate. I'll begin with a heartfelt thank you for each of you who took the time to create an entry, score the entries as a judge, and to the members who took the time to star these deserving entries. None of this is possible without you.

So let's begin.

Lightweight Division

roswell1 - 39
MountainStar - 34
AccessDenied - 31
drflux - 31

Winning Entry:

This year's Holiday Avatar competition winner for the Lightweight Division is roswell1! For this member's efforts, they will be rewarded with 5,000 BTS Points.

Heavyweight Division

greeneyedleo - 34
Ellipsis - 43
semperfortis - 34
thelibra - 46
nYk537 -38
kinglizard - 42
Zarniwoop - 28
mythatsabigprobe - 28
1nL1ghtened - 31
khunmoon - 31

Winning Entry:

This year's winner for the Holiday Avatar competition for the Heavyweight Division is thelibra! For his efforts, thelibra will be rewarded with 10,000 BTS Points.

Now as stated previously, if a staff member were to enter and take home the award, the member with the next highest score would also be awarded with the winning point total. So with a score of 43, Ellipsis is also going to be awarded 10,000 BTS Points.

For everyone else who participated in this competition, you will be each rewarded with 1,000 BTS Points.

So to conclude another contest, I'd like to formally thank you all once again.

Stay tuned for our next themed avatar contest.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Congrats to the winners!

Nice entries by all :-)

... and thanks Chissler for initiating and coordinating the contest

[edit on 2-1-2008 by Zarniwoop]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join