It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge jails everybody, gets fired

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Judge jails everybody, gets fired

www.metro.co.uk

A judge in America was removed from the bench on Tuesday for jailing 46 people after none of them would admit to having a cell phone that began ringing during his court session.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.buffalonews.com
www.legalreader.com

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Whoa, talk about losing it!

46 people were searched, booked, and crammed into crowded cells, and the 14 who couldn't make bail were then bused to another jail 30 minutes away.

Two hours later when the news media started asking questions they were all released.

What's particularly disturbing is the fact it took more than two years to remove this nut-job from the bench!

And he still had the backing of the deciding commission's chairman, Raoul Felder:

Felder conceded that Restaino engaged in "two hours of inexplicable madness" and wrote that when he first reviewed the facts in the case, he believed the judge had become a "tyrant" whose behavior merited removal. But on further review, and upon hearing a remorseful Restaino ascribe his outburst to the buildup of stress in his personal life, Felder urged compassion and punishment short of removal.

"I cannot find it within myself to destroy this individual's professional life over this regrettable episode," Felder wrote.

I suppose "two hours of inexplicable madness" shouldn't disqualify someone from being a judge, eh?

Everyone who's been sentenced by this "tyrant" should be calling their lawyer about now to have their case reviewed, IMHO.

Lucky for these 46 people he wasn't packing a Taser!

www.metro.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
But if in a couple of hours of "madness" I abused the judge by holding him captive for causing me some discomfort, I would spend the next twenty years in jail.

Any system that allows such disparity between those who govern and those who are governed, where two separate punishments are considered justice, is a fallacy in action when it calls itself a free and DEMOCRATIC society.

Naturally this is just my opinion, and I am the only one that can be jailed for making such statements, as I have no cohorts influencing me to speak in such a manner.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
But if in a couple of hours of "madness" I abused the judge by holding him captive for causing me some discomfort, I would spend the next twenty years in jail.

And neither would you be allowed to remain free for an additional two and a half plus years and continue to hold the position that gave you this ability to inflict discomfort, until they finally got around to putting you away for twenty years.

Or in this case, to simply, maybe, lose your job, pending appeal.

At least there were nine out of ten that thought he should lose his job, but it leads one to wonder why it would take so long to decide such a thing, given the circumstances.

Thanks for your post, NGC2736, as always, the voice of reason...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

I call 'em as I sees 'em.

As to the voice of reason; would you please tell my wife that?

She thinks I'm nuts for being on ATS.
And we all know that's crazy.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
reply to post by goosdawg

I call 'em as I sees 'em.

As to the voice of reason; would you please tell my wife that?

She thinks I'm nuts for being on ATS.
And we all know that's crazy.

Hey, far be it for me to judge anyone on ATS!

Besides, I resemble that remark!

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Already here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the existing thread

Thread closed

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
On second thoughts. Thread reopened. Moving it to Global News

top topics

join