It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Global Warming -- It's the Sun That's to Blame.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hey all!

Sorry about the old news source.

It came to my inbox with the rest of my news subscriptions. Seeing as how they have always been current in the past, I have taken to not even looking at the dates anymore. So, nobody to blame on this one but myself.

However, I would like to address a statement that a few of the "ignorance embracing" members have felt the need to make.

"You have lost your credibility!"

Okay, 288 threads started and ONE with an old news source (notice: OLD, not FAKE!) and I've suddenly "lost my credibility"????

For one, I'm not sure how much "credibility" I had in the first place, seeing as how I'm just another member and I AM subject to mistakes.

Two, I have NEVER NEVER NEVER purposely posted ANYTHING that was false. I have also NEVER purposely posted any news source that was old and tried to pass it off as new. This was a mistake due to my not paying attention to the date. As I said above, it came to my inbox with my daily news emails and they have ALWAYS been up to date with those that are not being listed as "Archives" or something of the like. This one happened to be in there as being new. There is no one to blame but myself, but, trying to say that I was purposely trying to mislead anyone is just ignorant. If I had a track record of doing this, the accusations would be warranted. However, that is not (and will never be) the case.

And lastly, ANY of you that HONESTLY take the little "Ats Legend" title of mine seriously MIGHT want to seek a bit of help. It's meant in jest people!!!!

Do you guys honestly think I'm sitting here behind this computer screen and patting myself on the back at my achieving "legend" status here at ATS? Perhaps you think I run around with a big red "LEGEND" cape on?

It's meant as nothing more than a bit of light hearted humor and IF you had taken the time to get to know me, you would realize that.

Thanks!

And, once again, sorry about the old news source guys! It honestly was just an oversight on my part.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

Okay, feel better now that you've vented?

Does Jasn need a hug?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
And lastly, ANY of you that HONESTLY take the little "Ats Legend" title of mine seriously MIGHT want to seek a bit of help. It's meant in jest people!!!!

Do you guys honestly think I'm sitting here behind this computer screen and patting myself on the back at my achieving "legend" status here at ATS? Perhaps you think I run around with a big red "LEGEND" cape on?

So what your saying is, Im the president of a fan club for someone who isnt actually a legend? Oh man...what the hell am I going to do with 3,000 red " SD Legend" capes? This is earth shattering, im so disillusioned...

On topic: The way ive always seen it, we are destroying the ecology we desperately depend on. It doesnt matter if we are responsible for global warming, or if its the sun thats responsible. Its happenning and we cannot ignore the situation we are in any longer.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

Let me get all philosphical for a minute.

What if its the earths way of de-populating itself...... To protect itself. Should we interfere with it if its a natural defense mechanism of our planet?

Ouch, me head hurts.....thats enough philosophy for me.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

Good (and very tough) question.

I think our survival mechanism dictates that we should interfere. And I think our intellect dictates that our interferance should accomplish our ends, while protecting our future. In other words, whatever solution we act on, it should ensure that future generations are faced with the same dilema.

As another thought, what if the Earth is just a senior citizen and is at the end of its lifebearing cycle?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
reply to post by InSpiteOf

Let me get all philosphical for a minute.

OMG! It IS the end of days, I may even tear up and need a hanky!

What if its the earths way of de-populating itself...... To protect itself. Should we interfere with it if its a natural defense mechanism of our planet?

Such a thoughtful question AND we agree twice in one day! I need a drink!

It's good to see you on the boards again.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I give credit to Alex Jones for really convincing me that this global warming thing is a fraud.

C02 follows increases in temperature, and does not create them. Proven fact.

Somehow, I was honestly convinced that Global Warming was all CO2 and I would get in rabid debates with people who said it wasn't CO2. I was violently convinced, people.

But now I am converted to the truth. Global Warming will be just another concern that the NWO have began to commercialize on. What makes me feel bad is that... I would have gone right along with it if I didn't realize how WRONG it is.

And now, I feel genuinely bad for all my friends, my brother etc. who believe CO2 is to blame and it's our only hope. There is no stopping Global Warming, it's a natural process. We should be focussing our activism on saving the world from dark interests, instead the lot of us have been convinced that we must save the world by cutting down on CO2. I just feel terrible that the whole thing is now an accepted truth.

And yes, Al Gore is a serious misinformant.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Ummm... and just exactly how is this whole global warming conspiracy supposed to work? What does anyone have to gain from the reduction in usage of fossil fuels and greenhouse gas/pollution emissions? It's obviously not going to benefit the oil companies. It's obviously not going to benefit the people who want us to consume, consume, consume. So seriously, how is this supposed to benefit anyone but the whole of humanity?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoran
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Ummm... and just exactly how is this whole global warming conspiracy supposed to work? What does anyone have to gain from the reduction in usage of fossil fuels and greenhouse gas/pollution emissions? It's obviously not going to benefit the oil companies. It's obviously not going to benefit the people who want us to consume, consume, consume. So seriously, how is this supposed to benefit anyone but the whole of humanity?

Taxes. They are going to start taxing people for having children. They will tax you for driving a gasoline-powered vehicle because it's the only thing you can afford at the moment. They will tax you for pretty much anything energy-related, and it's already in the works.

I understand that you think I'm full of it, I thought nothing would be better than stopping pollution. But that's not what this is about. I'm too tired to even try to convince you that the evil maniacs running the world are more interested in controlling you and making a profit than actually saving the planet.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

There are several sources you can find online to contradict these statements. Even so, for those who claim there's no way to tell if man's involvement in global warming is certain, it's funny they instead can point to the sun with absolute certainty.

Yes he can, the whole solar sistem is warming up, mars also is recording temperature rise,also ultra violets are more dangerous than ever before, when I was a kid there was no danger to UV , now when I go to the beach I aways worry about it.
The truth is that it is the sun, this with green gass efect is just a bunch of crap, If I recall corectly NASA and others atempted to warm up a large area ermeticly closed from the outside with this kind of effect for the hope of implementing this on other places of the solar sistem where it's frosen cold.., guess what ..it failed, the place did not warm up at all.

This is not true. If anybody wishes to read about what is happening in the solar system from a detailed analysis by astronomers and the implications for the earth then they can do so OR they can believe the crap that is regurgitated like that above.

Stay ignorant or read original published analyses, your choice!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I often wonder why EVERYTHING is a conspiracey, yet so many people blindly felieve in global warming. From what I take out of my shor time here on ATS, you can find a conspiracy in anything. Iraq - conspiracy. Election - conspiracy. 9-11 - conspiracy. Global Warming - abosulte, because we are told so by the media and a blowhard who got a nobel peace prize for making a movie with more inaccuracies than I dare speak of.

Wake up people, you are missing the REAL conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
if it weren't for an cyclical global warming we would still be stuck
in the last iceage...

talking about old sources, here's one from 1998;

www.tmgnow.com...

... There is growing probability that we are moving into a rapid temperature instability period similar to the one that took place 10,000 years ago

~also~... The material composition of the gas-plasma envelope is also being transformed...

Solar + cosmic elements are also instrumental in the current warming
as this scientist points out about a decade ago.

??? a 'consumption' tax is already here, we just call it a sales tax,
after allone has to be alive to consume & vice-versa...

what you might be meaning is that 'Carbon Footprint' levy that
the Green community & Gore among others are advocating.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

This is not true. If anybody wishes to read about what is happening in the solar system from a detailed analysis by astronomers and the implications for the earth then they can do so OR they can believe the crap that is regurgitated like that above.

Stay ignorant or read original published analyses, your choice!

Hmm what are you talking about, the sun is increasing in size, and activity , it's only natural that this happens.
This global warming is just a bunch of crap put up by a bunch of people that form the good old boys club...for nothing more than to generate some money.
Now I see comercials on TV with.. turn off the water while you brush your teath or we will run out of water because of you
this is a bunch of crap.
The sun has been increasing activity for the past decade, eventualy this is what will happen to the planet, it will burn out, the area of the solar sistem that we live in will become hoter and hoter, eventualy we will have to find a way to move a bit back from the sun.

There is a change , I can feel it too, it use to snow by now where I''m at, but it just rains I guess, the planet is warming up, but I can't say that human nature is responsable for that.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
All the global warming discussions end up this way.

Many, many, many, many factors figure into global warming. To single out anyone one and say "Bad factor" is missing the point.

Do humans contribute to GW, sure. In many ways.
Does the Sun, sure. In many ways.
Does the slight variation in the Earth's orbit, sure.
Does the increase in cloud formation (cosmic rays), sure.
Does deforestation, sure.
Does cyclical ocean variations, sure.
Does volcanic activity, sure.
Does just warming in general increase warming (methane release in the permafrost), sure.
I am sure there are at least another 6-12 factors.

People need to start shifting resources to the changes that GW will bring rather than trying to stop it.

Humans contribute to GW but not to the extent that our changes will alter the overall effect GW will have on us.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by pavil]

[edit on 30-11-2007 by pavil]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
I often wonder why EVERYTHING is a conspiracey, yet so many people blindly felieve in global warming.

They will believe anything mainstream media or government programs get behind. As long as it doesn't stretch their conception of reality, which real conspiracies will blow apart.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

That being said, I think a larger issue related to "Global Warming" is that it has co-opted natural resources (water, clean air, etc) as "commodities" to be traded or bought - i.e.: bottled water, carbon points. What crap. Worse yet, how will this be managed by potentially Fascist regimes in a world where corporations and governments are merging at break-neck speed? Hell, even George Bush is on board with the concept of "Global Warming". Why? Because there is big money in it.

All this will do is force middle and low income citizens of this planet to fork over more of their hard-earned money to corporations who will sell us resources that should be a birth right for every human being on Earth.

If you people to not see how this is Capitalism in its most vampire-ish form, well I just don't know how to convince you.

i think you are not reading into the issue as fully as you could mate. your assertion that countering human impacts on the planet will lead to us being further exploited by the elite is wrong.

sustainability is a grassroots movement. creating new human systems will, in my opinion, lead to the development of place-based economies, ecologies, and cultures. i believe that the reason we hear so much about how it is all hooey and evil is due to the elites fear of the development of true sustainability as it will lead to their decreased power of coercion over the general population.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Thought Id bump up this old thread with this vid.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Do you see the distinct relationship between solar activity and temperature?

Oh no the earth has been warming the past hundred years, oh nooooooooo!

[edit on 8-12-2009 by ChemicalSubstance]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This would explain why the solar system is warming for sure....I said this years ago...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

heh, heh, heh, he said "anus".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join