It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some form of energy caught in my pictures??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Im not 100% sure where this should have been posted but this made the most sense seeing as how most of you would try to disbelieve me. Awhile back I was partying with some friends and had my camera so I took a few pictures. One of the pictures was a group photo and there was a clearly defined orb right behind me. The second photo I have which is the only one I can link to because of limited ATS upload space- this is truly the unexplainable one...I've never seen streams of what I consider "energy" across a photo before like this. Its supernatural because the lights that were on where that picture was taken could not have done that- and in no way whatsoever has this picture been altered by me. Here is a link to the photo- files.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a link to another album by some woman who also has experienced energies in pictures.
outdoors.webshots.com...

My photo is clearly full of more energy or whatever it is...Its exciting to me and im sure most of you will try to debunk it but I've always felt a strong connection to whatever is going on around me. Like I said before- I do have pictures with distinct orbs in them which is freaky enough- but this...this goes beyond what I've ever seen. My digital camera and the lighting couldn't have created this...Feel free to make up your own mind as to what it is- I already believe its something supernatural.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
If that's a photoshop you've done a fine job. I can't pick it. It almost looks professional.
And if it's not, I cannot think of what it could be. Perhaps parallax error in the CCD or CMOS, depending on what camera you used. As per SOP, could you post the full, raw image from the card here? It should include all exif data, which will tell us if it has been run through an image editing program.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hmmm...your going to have to explain to me how to do that...otherwise I can just post it in a different online album and link to it...

I HAVE NOT had any programs alter this picture whatsoever- Its straight from my camera and when you see the orb in the 2nd photo maybe it'll help distinguish just how freaky this is...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dj05544

AND I EVEN NOTICED AN ORB IN THIS PHOTO- There is an orb over the black hat- its hard to make it in this photo but not the other one. You'll have to zoom in to see it so I suggest using a program to do that because its quite hard to see. By the rim of the hat to the middle of it on the left side you should be able to make it out!

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Sorry I'm not offering a response that interests you. =( I was a ghosthunter for several years. I came to learn that the orbs and strange light figurations that appeared in my photographs were not the ghosts or energy that I believed them to be.

The anomalies in question are caused by a slow shutter speed and low light. I have taken similar pictures under similar circumstances. Digital cameras have so many problems in regards to searching for the paranormal. You'll find that dust particles (appear as orb-like anomalies), weather conditions and other variables have a tendency to create false positives. Keep taking them. Maybe one day you'll catch something unique.

False Positive Examples

If you're really interested in catching some unseen energy, I suggest using 35mm film in the future. It's much more reliable..and harder to debunk when anomalies are presented. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dj05544

That is not an orb. Sorry.
It is part of the lighting from maybe houses behind you...there is a row of lighting behind you

See:

And I agree with the PP....shutter spead, dust, lights, etc etc can do wonders on the outcomes of pictures.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'd be right there debunking this with you if I believed it was the camera- but I have never had a photo like this- nor seen another photo like this yet. Im not saying it couldn't be but there is a distinct pattern and there is one stream of green light mixed in with all the other light...I know how easy it is to dismiss something like this but because its my photo and I know I've done nothing to it and my camera is brand new- I just believe its something. Im going down to where that picture was taken and I'm going to recreate this photo and see if anything like it happens again. I can see your point but every time I see that photo I just get an eerie feeling that its not my camera- as I first initially thought.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Sorry- The photo was taken on top of a hotel parking lot- there were no houses behind me. I was about 6-7 stories up. The only thing around me was a bunch of tree's and train tracks- the skyline wasn't even in full view and even if it was- i would have noticed buildings and more lights...

and like I said- you have to zoom in very closely- perhaps the size of the picture is distorting it-

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The image you've posted wouldn't seem to be "direct from the camera", since it contains no exif data...

If you'd like, I'd be happy to provide an email addy via U2U that you could send the "full" image to. (?)

Check your U2Us

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
In relation to where the orb in this photo is (I believe)-
i3.photobucket.com...

I forgot to mention which hat so hopefully this will clear things up.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Sure- I'd love to email it to you.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
2nd pic w/ orb in the background

i3.photobucket.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There you go! digital-photography-school.com...

Have a nice day.

Edit
Btw:

I just had to make som photos to show it to you:
first a strange phenomenon called slow shutter and a light emitting diode : tom-erik.no...

Then theres a nice portrait of myself : tom-erik.no... , and me again tom-erik.no... AND for the finals ... THE ATS GHOST!!?! tom-erik.no...

[edit on 29-11-2007 by tep200377]

[edit on 29-11-2007 by tep200377]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

This is something I could identify it with but if so...Why are the people in my photo not distorted at all? There is no distortion at all

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Take a look at my edit of the post. The blitz burns in the main picture, but the light sources from the rest of the 1 or two seconds burns in the stripes in the picture

Slow Sync Flash is a function found on many cameras that tells your camera to shoot with both a longer shutter speed as well as firing the flash. This means you get the best of both worlds above and can both get a relatively sharp shot of your main subject as well as get some ambient light from the background and foreground.

Some cameras allow you to access slow sync flash manually and set exposure length and flash strength but on many compact cameras there is a little less control given and it’s presented as an automatic shooting mode, often called ‘night mode’ or even ‘party mode’ where the camera selects the slower shutter speed and flash strength for you.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
let me try to break this down. i'm not a photography pro by any stretch but i think i have at least the right idea:

in these dark images, the exposure time is increased and the aperature is also wide-open. let's say it takes half a second (which will give you horrible pictures unless you have a steady hold or a tripod, but will help with the illustration...) your friends need to be exposed on the sensor for that .5 second to get their image even with the help of a flash. you'll see an average of the frame motion over that period. as long as you were more or less steady on them for that time period they won't be very blurry - in fact the onle exposure you might get is from the flash going off if it was dark enough.

now consider you have a bright light in the background. the sensor is really going to pick that up easily and the exposure for that will be far more noticeable. so at the last hundredth of a second you pull the camera down because the flash had gone off. your friends were captured when the flash went off, but their image is essentially all black after that, so it's not giving you a blurred image, but that street light is still hitting the sensor which streaks because you moved the camera too soon.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Thanks for clearing it up- but the only problem I have with it...is there were no lights behind me so or near where the picture was taken- about 30 feet away were the nearest lamp posts and I had the flash on I guess on the camera. I can see both of your points though- very helpful. I just don't think the lighting conditions affected it in that way because they weren't anywhere near me and they weren't street lights- they were lamp posts that provided little light.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It's a double exposure. First picture of group of people, second picture exposed over first one. Second picture is probably accidental, seeing as you moved the camera a fair bit.
Please tell us what make of camera you are using.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Canon power shot a540 AiAf if that helps

i didnt get it that long ago so it has no problems.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
My friend likes to play around with background lights when he takes pictures of things with his digital camera. The trails of light like the ones in your picture is exactly the product that shows up in my friend's pictures. He makes the light trails look even crazier.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join