It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Invention, What Do You Think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
A thought came to me the other day while thinking.

A way to improve our seatbelt system, is to have a jacket that its back is made of a special kind of magnet intertwined with the fabric, or you could use velcro. This jacket can be taken off the seat and you could wear it with you (I don't think you would want to though
. You would be pretty well attached to the seat and would not be able to reach out for your phone/food/etc. so you would not be distracted, while driving.

Or another way, is to have a special fabric that is the magnet fabric or is the velcro, and attach that special fabric to whatever you are wearing at the moment (if anything

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
WOW thats a great idea!! You're a freaking genious!!

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What is your opinion, is it a good idea or bad?? What is your suggestion for improvement?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst
What is your opinion, is it a good idea or bad?? What is your suggestion for improvement?

What makes you think people will use that invention. I mean some people are too lazy to even use the seatbelt.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think ideally it would be a very effective way to prevent injury, but it sounds like a little bit of a hastle. it would have to release easily so that in case of an emergency, the passengers could escape easily.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
good idea, but im sure only safty casuses people would use em, like me!!

o ya, i JUST got my permet 3 HOURES ago
im ganna be hitting the road soon with a "trainer"

damn i swore to god that i fialed it when i was standing in line! it was mutch harder then i thoughet!!

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
That'd be hell, wearing a jacket in the summer

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
The velcro wouldn't strong enough to hold a person in a 100 km/h collision. The magnetic field may cause some problem with pacemakers. I assume you want to have a fiber that is attracted to a electromagnetic in the chair, but otherwise you wouldn't be able to get out the chair. I think running an electromagnet would cost a lot of energy.

Everything considered, I think the current seatbelts are the most cheap and efficient solution.

[Edit: Horrible spelling mistake fixed]

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by amantine]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
or instead of a seatbelt or nething, why not just attach a series of removable adjustable strips to ur body the expand into super boyant and bouncy and flexible and good for u balloon thingies, and also make it deploy a hard steel cushioned lined helmet onto ur head, so when u fly through the window u wont hurt urself, then the balloons will expand floating or bouncing u to safety.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
good idea, but im sure only safty casuses people would use em, like me!!

o ya, i JUST got my permet 3 HOURES ago
im ganna be hitting the road soon with a "trainer"

damn i swore to god that i fialed it when i was standing in line! it was mutch harder then i thoughet!!

I just came back from the DMV, to get my license

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Thats so good....i may have to steal it

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
My husband just got his invention patented (which I HIGHLY recommend you do). A company is really looking forward to producing his 'idea' which will make him lot's of money...

Go get that patented!!!!!

And by the way,

top topics

join