It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone on ATS who can HONESTLY say that they have Paranormal Abilities?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Since i was at a young age, ive always felt different, the odd one out in a crowd. Im deffinatly not a normal person at all. Im not sure if I own any of the abilities mentioned in this thread, although I do occassionally practise pyrokenesis (spelling?), nothing yet, although I did randomly get a small burn, more like graze, on my right hand once, that was weird.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Facts make skeptics?

My opinion.
When we are born we are capable of so much more than we think. Our minds are shaped by common knownledge at schools, college, university etc... so we use this common knownledge as if it were the real truth. If it is proven with the science we know then we will accept it.
Not all people do this but the most do, as this site is full of open minded people.
Our science is incomplete, missing information and a lot of it.
Things like telekinesis and all these other abilities in the future may be proven when the science has advanced more but until then there will always be skeptics for this kind of stuff.
We are made up of a code and code can be exploited, so what if the code was changed and these abilities were possible.
Makes sense right?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yeh, that makes sense, I am an open minded person too
. Isn't there some sort of study going on that is trying to map this code you speek of, and the researchers I believe are trying to find real life people with literal 'super-powers'. I could be wrong, but im very sure that this is going on as I type.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullet Proof
We are made up of a code and code can be exploited, so what if the code was changed and these abilities were possible.
Makes sense right?

Are you talking about the genome code? If so, do certain genes give us traits on our ability of psychic powers?

[edit on 29-11-2007 by Monsterenergy791]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Some of those psiguild articles sound more like they talk about a RPG than real life lol, I'm surprised they didn't even add "roll 10 with 2d5 for critical hit".

Aside from that, I have many abilities.
Paranormal or Supernatural? Probably not.

Even if they would be ''classified'' as paranormal by some psiguild dude, I could care less.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think there are quite a few of us here who have experienced some sort of paranormal event, but I am wondering, myself, how many can produce paranormal activity on command.

The only paranormal experience I've had just happened a few weeks ago. I accidentally summoned one of my favorite pens into my pocket when I was at work. I never carry that pen with me, and I was wearing khaki jeans with shallow pockets. I know it was not in there, and then I needed it and wished I had it when I was running out of ink with a different pen. I reached into my pocket and I felt it. I know it was MY pen too, because it has an inscription on it. I am a very meticulous person who very deliberately decides what to put into my pockets for the day ahead, so this really startled me.

I wish I could summon or materialize other objects, and I have tried but to no avail.

Would I say these things are real and happen to people haphazardly? Yes, I would, because I know we have these abilities somewhere locked inside our brains. We, as humans, have this luxurious mind that our most elite scientists are still trying to decode. To control or even just to harness our mind's power and its connectedness with our physical body, to bridge that gap, should be an awesome goal for each of this. With enlightened and opened minds, comes less hate, less ignorance and intolerance.

We all live in a world that is full of hate and mistrust. If people cannot overcome initial feelings of prejudice or malice against each other, how can we expect to be able to control any paranormal abilities we could be capable of?

What about intelligence and the constant need for the mind to absorb knowledge and to grow? Can people expect to move objects with their mind if they cannot even discipline themselves to finish one book a month or even a year?

Of course, one must always stay open-minded, and that I think is the most important thing.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'd like to think all these things were/are possible, but i'm still on the fence.

Me being the fair skeptic i am have tried several of the RV tests, as well as many of the 'tutorials' on that psypog website.

The closest i've come to doing something strange is once being able to really feel (and i mean to the point of freaking me out) the movement of energy to a 'psyball' above one of my hands.

Never tried the wheel or any of that. Kind of hard when you don't live alone and you barely get any privacy.

In all seriousness, i envy those of you that are really able to work at and discover these 'abilities'.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791
No one yet.

Sorry for the one line post.

There are a number of contests available willing to pay large sums of money to anyone who can demonstrate under controlled conditions a paranormal ability.

No one has ever claimed prize money and that should tell you something.

www.keypoint.com.au...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I can Divine water.
Does that count as a paranormal Ability.
If there is underground water or stream running under your paddock or property i can find it.
In fact a lot of farmers here in Oz use it,i was shown by a farmer and was very suprised at the results in fact IMO i think almost anyone can do it,but some seem to be better than others i got it strait away.
Im very intrested in RV there is a wealth of info on RV on this site.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this counts but, a while ago I started hearing voices that tolds me things that came true after to long...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zoopnfunk

Well, even though there are these skeptic prize money contests whom no one has yet collected any money from ($ being the prize when passing the tests), I think paranormal abilities do exist.

There aren't that many contests out there to test for paranormal abilities. The only one I have heard of is the James Randi $1million one, but some people say the tests are rigged and it's not a guarantee he has the money.

And also, maybe people don't want the $1,000,000, they don't need it and have enough to live by and that's fine with them, IPO.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

I have actually only admitted this to my one friend in my life. I don't talk about it. I don't know what it is called or if it is paranormal. It is more like a good hunch.
But I get a 'feelin' of when people are going to die. Not to the day or anything. But that it will be soon, like in a year or two if not months. But this has worked with people of every age. Not just old and sick. I also can't pick the person. It comes and goes at will.

I realized this actually as a child. When I went to visit a neighbor and had a 'feeling' she didn't have much longer. She was in her early 70s. And she died 2 months later.

Cheney doesn't have long at all. But that is obvious with all his heart issues.

I have also had prophetic dreams. About two months before 9/11 I had a dream i was walking along a city street (though I thought I was in Mexico) and a tower crumbled on top of me. I hid with others underneath an overpass for protection.

I actually didn't make the connection till 2 years later because in my dream I was in Mexico.

So that is all I have for you.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I don't know whether telepathy and precognition count, but I can and will HONESTLY tell you: YES.

I can give you my word of honour.
And my honour means a lot to me.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I've heard that no one has passed the James Randi's $1 Million Challenge, but I've also heard the test is rigged and he may not have the money.

You sound like an (intellectually) honest person. If so, then I would, most respectfully, suggest that you put the unfortunate Randi out of your mind. His "challenges" aren't worth a minute of anyone's time.

His "test" is a sham.
I won't even try to convince you. You go and have a thorough look at it yourself - and be sure to read as many opinions about the test as you can.

Moreover, not very many people with genuine so-called PSI abilities would be as interested in dough as he seems to be...

And BTW... did you know that Randi has been offered a millions dollars in return for disproving certain phenomena?

(I am quite familiar with the objections to this counter-challenge, so there's no need to lecture me, anyone - but thank you all the same... ; ))

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I don't know whether telepathy and precognition count, but I can and will HONESTLY tell you: YES.

I can give you my word of honour.
And my honour means a lot to me.

Thank you for giving your word and thank you everyone else for posting on this thread. I just wanted to make my beliefs that abilites such as telepathy, TK, and more do exist and everyone on this thread has made me think it IS POSSIBLE for any person to make these paranormal things happen. I know it takes practice, but believing in something that you have never seen up close and personal makes that thing very hard to believe in, but despite that, I hold my beliefs of paranormal abilities to be the truth and a fact.

Maybe in the future many people will learn and know of these 'super-human' abilities and then they will be calling it natural abilities.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I wish I could have paranormal abilities, something cool like in the movies ghostbusters inspecific like when the ghost is in the libray reading books not saying that libraries need ghosts but to have around the house that would be cool. I seriously doubt anything like that exists, me personally I have never been the victim of a paranormal experience but it would be cool I guess.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I seriously doubt anything like that exists, me personally I have never been the victim of a paranormal experience but it would be cool I guess.

You may be right in that these events could all just be in our heads or something naturally occurring that we cannot explain with our science yet, but to feel that these people who have experienced said events are victims is quite the wrong mindset you should have towards it. These "negative" experiences, as you put it, may be proof of an afterlife or may be the first signs of a new stage of evolution that humanity is destined for. We simply do not know, and we should never condemn what we do not know.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think we are too young a species to manipulate at will psycho kinetic abilities other than spoon bending and starting watches

Having said that , I read that in the past Tibetan monks managed to control thing like telekinesis and levitation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join