It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Have Prelim Evidence of a Force That Opposes Gravity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Scientists Have Prelim Evidence of a Force That Opposes Gravity

www.upi.com

COLLEGE STATION, Texas, Nov. 28 (UPI) -- A U.S.-led international team of scientists has reported preliminary evidence consistent with Einstein's disavowed theory of a force that opposes gravity.

In 1917, Einstein proposed a cosmological constant -- a force opposing gravity -- to explain why the universe does not collapse under the force of gravity. At the time, Einstein and other scientists believed the universe was static.

In 1929, when Edwin Hubble discovered the universe was actually expanding, Einstein disavowed his theory of a force opposing ravity, calling it his biggest blunder.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is great news and another important step on the way to space travel. I can't wait to see how this research pans out.

Maybe the moon and Mars are closer than we think.

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Im no expert of any sort, but is it like their is no gravity in space? So is there is no gravity, a force that opposes gravity, what it would do for space travel?

I mean I look it as 0+0=0

[edit on 28-11-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I'm no expert either but, as I understand the issue, one of the chief problems of leaving this planet is overcoming its gravity. A lot of fuel is required just to get into orbit. I think that's a huge step towards general space travel. If you don't have to carry several tons of rocket fuel, you can carry other things that are more important, like food and equipment to generate oxygen.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Oh thanks for the clarification for some reason I was thinking about interstellar travel. Yes it does make a lot of sense, I wonder if it somehow could be use for comercial travel also.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

I think that they have likely proven nothing more than the theory that states redshift intuits distance is completely false.

Redshift is decided on by the type of light being emitted, and the effects of energy/matter/curvature between here and there.

They haven't detected a new force, They have just identified a mathematical anomoly based on what they would expect given current dogma.

I would say that if you are looking for anti grav or gravity shielding, you should still look to Boyd Bushman or Dr Eugene Podkletnov

[edit on 28-11-2007 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
im sure it would be more effective also but even if they develop the technology if they havnt already they'll probly just sit on it until there is a crisis then, wouldnt ya know it. they come out the woodworks with new technology that saves us. for the time being.
but there is so much that they dont tell us and that we dont know so i dont think theres a sure way to know anything thats going on.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
Im no expert of any sort, but is it like their is no gravity in space?

Incorrect. There is gravity in space, even when you leave Earth's atmosphere. The moons gravity alone is what gives us tides on Earth. Even if you're millions of miles away from a stellar body, you will still succumb to its gravity, even if it's not even being felt.

Every object has gravity, even our own bodies. When you jump up in the air, you pull the entire Earth towards you body, though the move occurs in such a tiny amount that it will never be noticed.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
ile keep it short,electrogravity.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I think that they have likely proven nothing more than the theory that states redshift intuits distance is completely false.

I tend to agree with this. Takes care of "dark matter" and "dark energy" too, doesn't it?

And gravity does exist in space; it's theoretically why the planets revolve around the Sun.

apc

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Every object has gravity, even our own bodies.

This presents a rather amusing oxymoron.

So what is this w-parameter? I assume it is a function of statistics, and as I never took statistics, to assume would be appropriate.

new topics

top topics

join