It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows Lamborghini going 219 MPH in Arizona!!- DPS Investigates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Video shows Lamborghini going 219 MPH in Arizona!!- DPS Investigates

www.abc15.com

The Arizona Department of Public safety is trying to determine the validity of a video showing a man driving more than 200 miles per hour in a Lamborghini on the Loop 202.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
auto.commongate.com
www.breitbart.tv

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Video of ghost car being chased by police?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This story is an ongoing investigation in AZ! Authorities are now trying to determine if the video is indeed authentic. Apparently the video appeared on different websites including YouTube.com, but has since been removed. From what I see, the video appears to be authentic. Are the individuals involved now trying to cover their tracks? How do you feel about individuals turning public roads into raceways!?

Stay tuned! This story is still developing and the people responsible could face some pretty serious criminal charges if caught.

www.abc15.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A bunch of us would routinely peg 120-130MPH during the day on city freeways back in my ricer days. We wouldn't do stupid crap like weave in and out of traffic. Just enjoy the speed.

220 though... I guess Arizona is definitely the place to do it.

I recall tales of a guy who would make drug runs from Mexico through Arizona. Ran a wet iron/iron Camaro. He would use night vision so he could black out and easily walked any cops that picked up on him. That is until they put down stop sticks and killed him. Probably an urban legend, though.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Here's a look at the video in question. It doesn't seem all that fast inside the car, but the cameras placed on the highway showing it pass by got some crazy footage. I'm on the fence as to wether or not this is real, but it sure looks like it at first glance.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
apc- Funny you mention the drug runner. I have a friend who told me a similar urban legend. Some guy with a black Lambo who in Cali making late night runs. Cops couldn't see him and even if they did he'd outrun them. It's probably nonsense but I thought it was pretty funny

AcesIn- I thought I saw a video where they showed the speedometer creeping over 200 but it's hard to see because it's dark.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Yes, but the Lamborghini has a 'max speed' recorder on it, can anyone verify if those are actually stock on the lambo? If that thing is real, then there's no other way they could have got it up to 219.

new topics

top topics

join