It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran wants to be attacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
With all the talk over the last year and a bit about the possible attack of Iran I got to wondering , can Iran lose , what ever the out come ?

The more I think about it , the more I think the answer to that question is no , they cant lose .
Let me start from what I perceive as the beginning or cause of the strong desire to attack Iran . To me it seems the \" official \" reason to as why we need to attack Iran is to prevent them from acquiring the ability to construct nuclear bombs and the reason given as to why they cant have nuclear bombs is based on quotes made by the Iranian President , Mahmoud Ahmadinejad with regards to Israel as well as his interoperation of certain end time religious beliefs .

The impression that I get from reading various threads , listening to various media outlets and the political pundents is that Bush and Cheney have been ready to go in there and \" get the job done \" for just about a year now , the only thing stopping them is that they cant seem to get the ok from some key countries , Russia being one of the most vocal and in some ways out right supporting Iran by assisting them with the construction of a nuclear plant . It is the claim that this plant will not be of any use in the construction of a bomb , only for its potential to create energy , which may very well be true but not the concern of the States or Israel . It has been decided by some that Iran can\'t go nuclear , case closed and end of story .

With each passing day , It would seem less likely that the U.S Will attack Iran , rather Israel may do as they did in the 80\'s with Iraq and decide it is in there best interest to conduct there own attack on Iran .

I have even herd mention , on more then one occasion , the possibility of either the U.S or Israel using tactical Nukes to destroy Iran\'s underground nuclear R&D bunkers . Which does seem likely if Iran is to be attack as it would have to be a quick , devastating attack knocking out virtually all of Iran\'s vacillates as quickly as possible , as neither the U.S or Israel are willing to enter into to long war with Iran and the U.S certainly is not interested in occupying Iran at this time or any time in the near future . Israel if they do decide to attack Iran would almost certainly use tactical nukes as they would not be able to fly wave upon wave of attack against Iran . Instead they would want a quick , in and out strike .

Lets assume for the sake of this thread that Iran is attacked by either the U.S or Israel , I think this act would play right into Ahmadinejad \'s plan , yes plan . I truly believe that this is exactly what he wants and the reason he so blatantly flies in the face of the US and Israel saying just about anything he can think of to piss them off . If he is attacked he will then be able to do what he really wants to , bomb Israel , bomb US military bases\'s in the middle east , he in MHO also sees Iran signing key military defense treaties with such countries as China and Russia once the shooting shops . He will also do what ever he can to use oil as a weapon to destabilize the western economies . I truly believe that he sees this as a no win situation for the west and wants to be attacked almost as much as some want to bomb him . He sees that as a fair trade for his nuclear plants that we all know are going to be rebuilt in time anyway .

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Ahmadinjad doesn't think the US or Israel will attack; but at the same time he hears alot of conservatives in the US talking trash about Iran and threatening strikes, so he responds by making his own threats and incindiary statements..in other words he's calling a bluff.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Iran does not "want" to be attacked, but you seem to have a grasp on their defense strategy. If they were to be attacked pre-emptively, it would not be good at all. I think Iran will probably be attacked at some point, maybe 5-10 years. But I also think it will set off WWIII. The world leaders know it, and that's why we see the big scramble now by the US. That's what the war in Iraq is really about, gaining strategic position and controlling resources for "the big one."

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I fully believe Irans President is hoping for an attack.

Why?

1. The Muslim world would revolt against the west, Iraq was one thing, but to do it to Iran as well?
2. The American economy would collapse
3. American superiority would collapse
4. American soliders would be abandoned in Iraq, and left for revenge.
5. Israel would be forced to make a final stand
6. The middle east we be controlled by..... middle eastern nations
7. The muslim faith would begin a massive stranglehold over -right and wrong- being we (the west) were wrong, which led to a devestating war.

If Israel, and or the USA drop one single muntion on Iran, they will surprise us in the WORST possible way.

Then, and only then do I believe that all the war mongering Americans, in society and government will actually understand why we begged them not to further this illegial war.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The extremists in the Islamic world will NEVER accept the existence of Israel. Israel (like anyone else) will do ANYTHING required to continue its own existence. Neither side is going to give up or stop fighting. This condition will eventually, inevitably lead to a major war that results in unimaginable death and destruction. It may be in the next month or not for 10 years. All of the bellicose statements coming out of Iran may eventually become a “trigger” for these events but are not the root cause.

You can hate the US all you want and blame us for all of the world’s problems if it makes you feel better. You can call us war mongers and criminals all you want but that won’t make the situation any better. The illustrious United Nations created Israel – not the United States. Everyone has dirtied their hands in this mess and everyone is going to pay the price for it.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think the Iranian powers that be noticed what happened to good ol' Saddam, and I don't think they are looking forward to that

the international bankers and arms dealers want this conflict, and that's about it

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I fully believe Irans President is hoping for an attack.

Why?

1. The Muslim world would revolt against the west, Iraq was one thing, but to do it to Iran as well?
2. The American economy would collapse
3. American superiority would collapse
4. American soliders would be abandoned in Iraq, and left for revenge.
5. Israel would be forced to make a final stand
6. The middle east we be controlled by..... middle eastern nations
7. The muslim faith would begin a massive stranglehold over -right and wrong- being we (the west) were wrong, which led to a devestating war.

If Israel, and or the USA drop one single muntion on Iran, they will surprise us in the WORST possible way.

Then, and only then do I believe that all the war mongering Americans, in society and government will actually understand why we begged them not to further this illegial war.

I always get a good laugh when I read your posts.

------------------------------------

please read ABOUT ATS: Warnings for one-line or short responses

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 29/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Iran does want to be attacked so all the blame can go to the U.S. Ever since Ahmadenijad became president, he has tried to provoke the U.S. to go to war with them by enriching uranium. How far will he go before the U.S. bombs them?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The U.S.had a improving relations with its prior administration.That went out the window after ahmadhajid came to power and started making his belligent statements about the US and israel.He does seem to want a war.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm not so sure he actually wants military action, but politically he knows that keeping tensions up tends to keep extremists like himself in power.

The mere threat of war tends to drive up nationalism and suppress dissent, and that is his aim, not war itself.

You can see the same pattern with demagogues around the world, whether it be Ahmadinejad, Chavez, or even our own President Bush.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Good analysis, obviously you understand the fragile situation in the middle east and the support that US received from the wealthy oil rich nations that also happen to support terrorist groups.

Yes after Iraq an attack on Iran will only unify the middle east more than ever before.

After all it will be seen by the rest of the world as a direct attack to Islam.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I humbly disagree with the idea that Iran doesn\'t think that the U.S or Israel will attack ,
I think he is counting on it . In fact there are some people that believe the U.S was manipulated into attacking Iraq by Iran .

www.guardian.co.uk...

I truly believe that the U.S is being manipulated into attacking Iran and I think we need to all take a step back and touch up on our Sun Tzu .

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Interesting that you bring Sun Tzu it seems that military people are the ones familiar with the art of war.

But surprisingly this book has been resurrected and I happen to see copies in the main isle of my local book store and more interesting is that people were browsing the book also.

I guess is more to war that many care to believe.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spooky mulder
The U.S.had a improving relations with its prior administration.That went out the window after ahmadhajid came to power and started making his belligent statements about the US and israel.He does seem to want a war.

That's not entirely true. You see, the previous Administration in Iran reached out to the US after 9/11 and offered unprecedented support and sympathy.

This was all lost, however, when Bush made his infamous "Axis of Evil" speech, long before the current Iranian President came to power. In fact, the speech itself probably went some way to making the Iranian electorate vote for a conservative in the first place.

new topics

top topics

join