It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Owners Of America Weigh In With Supremes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Gun Owners Of America Weigh In With Supremes

www.truthnews.us

What follows are excerpts of a release from the Gun-Owners of America:

Gun Owners of America’s foundation (GOF) will be submitting an amicus brief before the Supreme Court in support of the lower court’s decision that the Second Amendment protects an individual right.

The case, D.C. v. Heller, resulted in nullification of the gun ban in the District of Columbia. Judge Laurence Silberman wrote the majority opinion for the DC Court of Appeals which decided that the DC law violated the individual right to keep and bear arms protected by the Second Amendment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So, the battle continues.

The constitution was written to help everyone in what was a free country.

This is a continuation on the story in this link.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wake up America! Don't let your rights be infringed or crushed by some bunch of looney control freaks.

But be aware that this mostly a war of words rather than weapons.. so don't fet too carried away.

www.truthnews.us
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The Bill of Rights was written with the intent to protect "individual freedoms", so I can not understand why the other side is constantly saying that it only applies to a "well regulated militia". With that being said who do they thing a "well regulated militia" would be? It would be "We the People". The admendment was put there to protect the rights of the individual not the right of the state or gov't to form a militia. It's an individuals right to bear arms and to become a well regulated militia if the gov't infringes upon the peoples rights. It's the right of the people to overtake the gov't if need be, so this garbage of it being directed at only those in a well regulated militia ie: The National Guard is a load of horsecrap.

You may not like it, but the forefathers had the foresight to secure our right to make sure the gov't doesn't get carried away. No one is forcing you to "bear arms" but how dare they say we have no rights to them!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
2nd Amendment has saved America twice from Invasion -- Russia and Japan.

2nd Amendment is also a check for the public against the government abusing their powers. Makes you wonder who truly wants to remove guns from everyday-Joe and -Jane. One such suspect is the Shadow Gov't.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I personally am not a big fan of guns, and have never owned one. While at the present moment I see no need for me to own a gun, that may change one day (especially if things keep going the way they are in this country). To me it is a choice. I choose not to own one, but I still want to be the one to make that choice not the government.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ive made some long posts throughout this issue, but I'm gonna just save ya the trouble of reading another one.

They can rule however they want, They can ban whatever they want, but the fact remains, I will still have my guns, and someones gonna have to come get em.

Its gonna suck for the poor sob who tries.

thats not a threat, its a warning, don't tread on this free man.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by C0le]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here's what the NRA thinks about this:

www.nraila.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Given the current makeup of the court, I am cautiously optimistic that the ruling will be a positive one for Second Amendment rights.

Despite recent attempts at obfuscating the issue, it's pretty clear that the Second Amendment confers a right to individual citizens, not just a militia.

[edit on 11/28/07 by xmotex]

top topics

join