It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Bigfoot stay hidden?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I read a book 20 years ago about a jewish man....that evaded occupied territory...during the round-up of jews by nazi's....
In short he traveled by night, and water.....made return trips, after telling allied forces "how" and they said prove it...
This is what got me thinking about the elusive bigfoot, and how he/she/family could move and follow the seasonal foods...berries and such....water cress, fish, etc.....

I believe bigfoot...is much the same!
Nocturnal sp? and follows the rivers.....if my 200 lb outa shape rearend can cover 80-100 miles a day "by river", think of an animal "much more stamina", plus if I weighed 600+ lbs as bigfoot is reported to....it would greatly increase mobility and energy conservation.....Plus the hair, could be hollow or beaver like, or otter/polar bear in likeness, thus increasing "staying dry" and floatation...
I think bigfoot is basically...."laugh as you will" but think of them as a 600 lb beaver....easy to cover large distances, bodies never found, river water is 58 F year round, in january that feels like a hot tub...
Someone did a very good thread on aqautic apes...a few years ago...but it was not about bigfoot...to my dismay.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Doc Holiday because: darn OCD and blank boxs

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I agree ...humans can evade being seen by other humans when traveling at nighttime. Most people (hunters or otherwise) walking through a wooded trail in the daytime, are focused on the trail directly in front of them. Their eyes are not usually scanning the entire forest ...and even if they are scanning the entire forest, they are looking for movement not a stealthy non-moving BF hiding behind a tree. And this is in the daytime, it is nearly impossible for humans to see any animal movement in the forest at nighttime. So if a human (dressed in dark clothing) can traverse through the forest and through people's backyards in the nighttime without detection, why should we think that BF couldn't do it? And remember as it has already been said, their stride is much longer than ours and their senses are thought to be much keener than ours. So if they see and/or hear us coming (especially if they see us carrying guns) before we see or hear them, why would we think that we should be able to get close enough to them to see them before they ran off? They would leave Dodge well before we even came into Dodge right?

And as far as the reflective coating of their eyes is concerned ...I have never viewed a creatures eyes at nighttime with a flashlight (even though I have seen 5 creatures over the last 5 years), but their our eyewitness reports of their eyes reflecting red, green, yellow and even a blueish color if I remember right, so we cannot say that BF does not possess keen night vision like deer. To the contrary, since most BF researchers believe that deer is one of the main food sources for the creatures, I say that BF has to possess keen night vision eye sight. I have personally seen and heard the creatures run off into or through the woods at nighttime, a feat that is impossible for humans (without night vision eyes) to accomplish. I have also audio recorded the creatures ambushing what I believe to be deer at nighttime. Also, it only makes common sense that if the creatures operate primarily at nighttime, they would have to be able to see in the dark - if not they wouldn't be able to survive!
edit on 15-1-2012 by thekingdomkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
In my opinion, Bigfoot must be very intelligent. Since it is smart, it is very easy for it to stay hidden. Where I come from, there is hundreds of km's of trees that are so thick and uninhabited, there are many tons of places for this thing to hide, just in the country beyond my house. Another wild theory I have is what if Bigfoot has the ability to go in and out of different universal planes.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I have described my sighting in other posts, so i wont again. But suffice to say, the thing was really fast. My entire encounter lasted 5 seconds, and for 3 of those seconds it was standing still. It crossed an entire road in 2 seconds.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well,I've seen alot of videos where bigfoot lays real close to the ground.
so maybe were looking in the wrong area's?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Bigfoot would have to be smart and very scared of man. to be able to hide or destroy any and all physical evidence of its existence. all of these supposed bigfoot expeditions have never found a credible piece of physical evidence; body, hair , poop, dwelling, garbage. bigfoot has got to be a serious clean freak; i believe that there could be another primate species living out there on the edge of civilization but there are so many hoaxes and money making schemes that unless i see one for sure ; and i would try my best to bring back physical evidence of it ; that i have to be skeptical

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The reason we can't find him is because he doesn't exist and never has. You can watch documentaries on creatures that live in the most hostile of environments, but we cant seem to get any visual proof of a 300 pound+ creature? C'moooon guys wake up

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingman77
Perhaps Bigfoot, assuming the species exists, has near the level of intelligence as humans. However, if these creatures created their own culture that is deeply in tune with nature, and understand humans, they could probably develop some ingenious methods of evasion.

So the question is, how do you think like the hypothetical Bigfoot?

Oh they exist, you can take that to the bank. If not then someone needs to tell me that we have 1000 pound Grizzly bears in Florida that run like a man and shake the ground while doing so through the thickest woods we have here. I had a bolt action rifle and I was the one scared, knowing I could only get off one inaccurate shot before I was wood.
It seen or smelled me and stopped about 15 to 20 yards away and I still could not see it due to the dense forest-swamp. After about a five minute stand off I decided it was time for me to get the hell out of there because it was starting to get dark. As I headed out to the dirt road down an old logging trail watching my back I realized it was trying to follow or flank me off to the west of me so I decided it was best to just run back to the dirt road where I would have the advantage with my high powered rifle.

It never stuck its head out but with the way that thing was crashing through the woods, I would guess it had a run in with another hunter because every critter in the area was getting out of its way.

To this day I have not gone back there and wont unless I am with a bunch of my armed friends, and not close to sunset.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson88
The reason we can't find him is because he doesn't exist and never has. You can watch documentaries on creatures that live in the most hostile of environments, but we cant seem to get any visual proof of a 300 pound+ creature? C'moooon guys wake up

You have to remember that there is a whole lot of places man can not and will not go in the woods. That is where they are hiding. They can hide out in the swamps and never be found. I tracked a deer into a swamp up too my waist in water only to find a completely dry area in the middle that was a bedding area for all the animals.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I don't think it's possible for one single dead Bogfoot to have never been found by a hunter, a hiker, etc......
You're telling me Bigfoots don't wander off alone and fall down and die. They dont get sick? Their family somehow arrives everytime and does away with the remains? Cmon!

There are thousands upon thousands of roadkills every year in the US, yet no Bigfoots. How is that possible? Nothing is 100%

There's no way that Bigfoot can exist yet never have a bone or corpse discovered and catalogued. It's simply impossible.
edit on 30-1-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The Bigfoot/Sasquatch question fascinates me, sure most reports could be mistaken identity hoaxes or stories. But it only takes one, and there are so many reports even before this recent surge in popularity. Certainly could see a government cover up for most of the reasons believers present, economic,religious or other. Too many reports from police,military and academia and other wise up right citizens to totally dismiss it. Wasn't that long ago when Florida officials acted like there weren't any monkeys roaming about the state till the evidence showed this stance was overwhelmingly false. Its a big world out there, and while its very human to think we know all see all understand all, I just don't think we are that infallible. when you read about tracks and where they are how remote,and how many hard to believe all are hoaxes or mistaken. Throw in a concentrated government effort to cover up and discredit its possibility can certainly understand it remaining now unanswered.

It just takes one.

Eric Robert Rudolph no#1 Most wanted by the FBI, virtually disappeared i the Appalachian Mountains for years, sure he probably had help sometimes,but he also stayed on the move in the woods and lived there quite a bit,with huge man hunt going on also. A small population of intelligent apes with heightened senses and more accustomed to curling up under a log and eating bugs and roots could certainly hide away when there isn't wide concentrated effort to find them. Especially if thy live a nomadic life and don't stay in an area to long. All of this in the southeastern US who's remoteness and heavily forested areas can't compare to the pacific northwest, Canada or Alaska.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If they do exists, it's very likely that they are extremely intelligent and masters of the outdoors... unlike humans

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join