It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Bigfoot stay hidden?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CloudlessKnight

I think you are thinking about how Bigfoot stays hidden like a human, which is normal, but I guess one needs to think like a hunter (not that hunters are not human!)............it is like a specialty. I recall back in 1972 learning of how Bigfoot stayed hidden in the dense virgin timbers of the Fort Drum military reservation near Watertown, NY, my hometown. A hunter who worked at the theatre as the film guy told me of the experiences he and his son and other hunters had in the vast, uninhabited areas of the military lands. I think the creature stays and goes where humans are scarce. His run-ins indicate the creature is active at night; tracks and uses smell to detect other creatures; is massive in size and strength; is cautious and frightened of humans. It appeares to be fairly intelligent, but not human as far as most seem to think. A pretty good formua for avoiding us smelly, noisy humans! I think the creature exists for sure, but the overall population of the things is small. I believe we must kill or capture one to prove it exists, if it has survived. I would like to chat with any serious hunters or professionals who have had some hunting encounters with the creature or what they believe may be a Bigfoot. Tapping on trees and a horrible odor usually accompany the Bigfoot also. Jake

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
the bigfoot-sasquatch-yeti are creatures which find or excavate
cave like dwellings, they forage 95% at night and while foraging
find suitable hollow trees or other underground places which can be
improved for their purposes... a home base is a requirement but is quickly abandoned when smells & ground vibrations signal that the area is too
infested with human intruders...
domesticated dogs will not give them away ... as there is an affinity there
between the two creatures.

a lot of those 'swirls' found in fields of grain are not where wandering deer
be down overnight, as is the conventional wisdom...
those 15 ft 'swirls' in the crops are where migrating-foraging bigfoots bed down on their travels.
w
wild bee hives are usually in a 6 mile vicinity of bigfoot signs, so is a fresh and moving water source...

I just wonder why that bigfoot trackers have never noticed that feces is usually flung onto overhead branches...
i recall hollow trees, wild bee honeycombs, flung poo in the woods bordering the Swatara creek in central pennsylvania,
i recall the 'swirls' of temporary night bedding in the grain fields, before crop circles became famous,

these beings will curl up & bury themselves in a type of hibernation from which they will never awaken,
seems an adequate explaination of why a corpse or a carcass has never been 'found' yet....?but would we recognize any bigfoot remains as not being thoose of a bear or the old bones not being those of a giant sloth from antiquity? i suggest hunters have discounted piles of remains over the decades

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

those seem like a lot of facts without much, if anything to back them up...

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I can offer two personal observations as to why Sasquatch remains hidden, and so elusive.

First off, I have always known about ideas such as Loch Ness, Champ, Sasquatch, and so on. When I happened to be in the same area where they are constantly sighted however, it truly brought it all into perspective. Many years ago I happened to fly out to Washington State. I was there for the first and last time (unfortunately I haven't been back since), on a trip with my family. The one aspect that really caught my eye, and my awe, was the ruggedness of the wilderness out there. There aren't any woods, only forests. There aren't any trees, only giants. I was up in the Olympic Mountains as well as Mt. Rainier, and I can say from firsthand experience that the forests and woodlands are so thick, that practically anything can be hidden from sight. Entire planes have gone missing in the woodlands of Washington State, never to be found, or heard from again. I experienced the areas all the way from B.C. to Tacoma, and out to the Olympic Peninsula, and with all assurance I can state that unless you have actually been there and experienced the wilderness, you have no idea how deep it runs. Anyone from Alaska correct me if I am wrong, but I would say the wilderness of the Cascades is comparable on a small scale to the wilds of Alaska.

Second, I was in Maine one time visiting relatives. We went out a couple of nights to this gravel pit area known for Moose sightings. There were outdoorsmen up there with spotlights, and Maine backwoods experience, so it was definitely the spot to catch a glimpse of the Wildlife. However, we never were able to see one, and not being from a wild area myself I felt disappointed. I really like the wilderness in terms of exploration and visitation, but I rarely make it out to such remote areas as NW Maine. On the way back we were driving through a very remote area and were basically praying that we could catch some footage of a Moose. All of the sudden I see a head appear out of the woods off to my right, and I yell "STOP!", the driver pulled over and backed up. I was filming meanwhile, and when I brought the video camera to bare on the Moose the freaking thing posed! It did a head turn to the right profile and froze, then did a head turn to the left profile and froze, then did a head on and froze, then turned around and disappeared. It was then, and only then that I realized why we never saw a moose, the woods are so thick they could be 20 feet away and you would NEVER know it! Even knowing where that moose was, and tracking him with the zoomed in camera, I lost sight of him as soon as he was just 3 Feet back in the woods. Think about it, this is a creature that weighs about Half-a-Ton, and stands 6 Feet Tall, and 9 Feet long, yet it has vanished from trained eyes within a few steps of entering the forest. You want to know how Sasquatch stays hidden? That is how.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Indeed thick forests such as you saw in Washington and Maine! In fact, I just got done reading on the BFRO site a newly posted report with cell phone pix from the WA area you described. Dang if the image doesn't resemble a gorilla! An animal with just the right amount of intelligence to avoid encounter, living in such remote locations, could live undetected.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Even Eastern Washington without the vast forests of the Cascades and west side are rugged and full of natural hiding places, a creature, or creatures with even a modicum of intelligence could hide out forever with only a little care.

Sasquatch has a lifetime of practise at concealment, and natural camoflage to aid him.

Word is, in local circles, he's been seen in the wheatfields north of Walla Walla. No forests out thattaway, just rolling hills all the way to Spokane, the Palouse country.

Personally, I'm not so sure of that. Too many roads, too many people, farms, small towns. Seems to me he'd be a little too easy to track out there in the wheatfields that stretch for hundreds of miles. I'm gonna see if I can find out who saw him. Possible I may know him/her.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Bigfoot banks on the fact that every person on the face of the earth who sees it will be holding a 3 dollar Wal Mart camera.

That way no matter how close it is or what time of day, the picture will come out too blurry to tell if it's really bigfoot or Robin Williams with his shirt off.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ColdWater

It does seem to work that way, doesn't it?

Gotta remember though, you're seeing something big, strange and scarey; it's going to be a little difficult to remember to focus the camera.

Maybe that lends at least a little creedence to the theory that he's somewhat supernatural in nature. Not a theory I believe, but who knows?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It has been suggested they hide in lava tubes. There is an Ape cave and Ape Canyon on the wouth side of Mt. St. Helens.

Ape - you can guess how that name was attached to these places.

www.bigfootencounters.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This thread brings up many different reasons and the full spectrum of why these creatures are so difficult to find.

I will say, that I believe the creature to be flesh & blood and they maintain a small, yet firm, breeding population.

The creature I theorize, and I can say theorize, because I have done my due dilligence, (see Squatchdetective.com ) and believe the following,

1. The creature is of flesh and blood.

2. The creature is most likely primate in origin given the numerous reports of it having a sagital crest on its head and absence of a neck.

3. The creature is most likely primate in origin, given the numerous reports of it occasionally using quadrupedalism, to navigate. (Especially when young are reported being seen)

4. It's smell is most likely a combination of a pheremone release (as seen in a gorilla's fear reaction, aprocrine glands) and just being plain dirty. (Urine, feces, soil, swamp water, matted in it's hair)

5. It may use infrasound to further confuse eyewitnesses, (that may be why some witnesses attribute supernatural powers to them such as mind reading or ESP), this combined with a pheremone release.

6. Given the vast amounts of reports, of lack of noticeable ears it may have omnidirectional hearing. Making hearing it''s greatest sense.

7. They are nocturnal in habit, but not in nature, due to the red eye shine seen in alot of witness encounters. Animals that are truly nocturnal, have an organ in their eye called a tapium, which reflects yellow or green in light. Animals without it will reflect red, hence having red eye in some pictures. Ever notice red eye in a cat? (It's yellow)

8. They are naturally camoflauged, and use trees as cover and have been reported being near trees standing perfectly still or in some cases rocking a bit.

9. The are tall, thus having incredible stride, meaing a few steps and they're much further away than we could ever think of catching up. I have measure strides between tracks as large as 48".

10. They use subterfuge, such as tree knocking and rock throwing (Historical accounts show the first recorded episode of that in 1759, by Col. Roberts, of Robert's Rangers acclaim, where a group of bear were throwing rocks at them). The true purpose is unclear, but they may be using diversionary tactics to have others in their units from being detected.

Well that's my two cents worth...some are just speculation, but some are hypothesis based on research and investigation.

"The Squatchdetective" Steve Kulls
Founder: Squatchdetective.com
Host: Squatchdetective Radio

[edit on 1-3-2008 by squatchdetective]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
they're shapeshifters/skinwalkers so, most of the time they look like average humans

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Its been way to long since my return. But I figured id get back into the cryptology world.

I am highly convinced that if bigfoot is real, they live in underground civilizations. I feel this is the only way a species such as in could survive or avoid capture. Sightings in populated areas also add to my theory.

It's also highly possible they are able to camouflage themselves somehow possibly like some creatures we already know about (certain reptiles).

Some say they go invisible (like you see in the movies). Its virtually impossible to do such a thing although the appearance of such thing can be done. If they are indeed as smart as us, I imagine the could have developed technology which can help in evasion.

In a sense anything is possible.

[edit on 3/6/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
How does Bigfoot stay hidden?, They are telepathic and they live inside of the planet earth. So if you want to hunt them you need to find out where their entrances are that lead inside of the planet earth. These beings are from the Star Constellation Orion, they are extra-terra-astrals, dis-agreeable E.T.'s, In Arabic they are called Jinns. During the age of the Dinosaurs, these Shaggie beings used to come to this planet and hunt the Dinosaurs. They live inside of the planet and their entrances can be found near large Mountain ranges, they avoid Human contact as possible. The Seminole Indians will tell seekers of knowledge that these beings live Underground and they come out at night during the shadow hours."The Mountains have Eyes", this should be the next box hit factual Movie. The Yeti Bigfoot know's when Humans are out to seek or hunt them, so when the hot pursuit is too hot they hide and go back to their caverns with in the earth. Caverns with in the earth are also the homes for the Humanoid Reptilians, and Predators(Grass-hopper like beings).

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I am an avid outdoors person and have spent quite alot of time in the woods of northern Ontario.. I have had several "encounters" with these creatures.. I believe them to be very intelligent and that they do like to play games with us "awkward humans".. When we are in the bush we are in "thier" domain.. They are there! They do exist!

hubpages.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Well, if Sasquatch does indeed exist, It'd be rather easy for it to stay hidden if It's got a somewhat decent intelligence level. I go hunting in the wilderness on a very regular basis, in fact, I'm in the forest almost every other day just because I love it so much. One thing I've noticed, is that when animals don't want to be found, they aren't found. I was Bow hunting Elk in BC last year with a friend, and I almost always go Bow hunting because It feels so primal, and gives you a huge sense that It'd be easy for the animal to kill you if you don't hit on the first shot because It's not like I have my Shotgun with me when I'm Bow hunting. So It's more of an adrenaline rush for me personally. Anyhow, we searched an area teeming with Elk for 4 days (We camped there and everything) and didn't see or hear a thing. We found a few of their oval shaped beds they lay down in, but those aren't built, they're just imprints. We started on our way out, and just as we came around a rather thick section of brush, an Elk stood up and bolted away, literally about fifteen feet in front of us. If we didn't walk up near it, we would never have known it was there. Perhaps Sasquatch uses these beds.
I don't personally believe in Sasquatch because we simply have no evidence whatsoever, although I really want to believe. I don't consider grainy footage, blurry camera shots and some noise recordings to be any sort of proof. Another thing about all these "Bigfoot calls" I hear on Youtube, who says It's an ape? Why can't it be from something completely different? I've never heard anything like those calls in all my time out in the forest, and they sure don't sound like anything a large Ape would make. Although some monkeys make similar sounds.
One thing that I do admit to being close to evidence though, is Les Stroud talking on the radio about what he heard in Alaska. Someone on here posted that link and I thank you very much. I completely believe Les if he says he heard that type of Ape noise. He also said it was "Up In the trees". That might mean it was literally up in the top of some trees, or up in the trees because the trees were up a hill. Take into account that his shooting location for that episode took place on a beach with trees above him (If that's the episode it happened on). So he might have meant the latter.
One thing is for sure, I never go hunting without my HD camera as I said in my last post on this topic. I won't ever go out of my way to look for something that probably isn't there, but if I ever do see a Sasquatch, It'll be on beautiful High Definition video and I'll post it here before anyone else sees it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

How many times have you seen a coyote or a fox in the wild? Rarely I'm sure. If an animal does not want to be seen and has the intelligence, odds are you will never see one. Also, Sasquatch lives in heavily covered areas, it would be hard to navigate not knowing your way around.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I just starred and flagged your thread and I don't just give those away. Interesting. I think they go underground.
Their strong enough to use huge boulders like a doorway. How many times do humans move boulders out in the wild ? Someday one may get moved and voila an opening to the inner earth where they come from. Or like the native americans say they have magic to come and go between our world and theirs as a spirit. I like the later one better.
edit on 2-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well, let me start by stating that I claim to be an experienced BF hunter who has spent thousands of hours out in the woods in BF hotspots during the night hours. I also claim (and believe that I have evidence to prove it) that there is an ongoing conspiracy to prevent the scientific community and the general public from proving the existence of the creatures. Having said that, there have been literally thousands of claimed eyewitness sighting reports of the creatures and hundreds if not thousands of claimed BF footprint castings made, so we can't really say that the creatures go completely undetected can we?

Conspiracy aside, let me give all of you some other reasons why insiders claim the creatures are so elusive:
They are extremely intelligent (unlike many humans)
They are thought to be very shy and wary of humans
They can walk faster than humans can run
They are largely nocturnal (humans are not), meaning that the majority of their movement is at nighttime when we are sleeping in our beds.
Their fur is dark brown and black which blends in with trees
They hide behind trees and stop moving when humans approach
They are stealthy with extremely keen night vision eyesight (humans don't possess this type of vision)
They typically see, hear and smell us well in advance of us them
They imitate the sounds of other animals to communicate among each other around humans
They can climb trees with both their hands and their feet (humans cannot), so they could be in a tree and we could walk right underneath them without seeing them.
They are thought to make temporary bedding areas from time to time
Their permanent bedding areas are thought to be in caves, underground, or in pine tree groves, many times in very remote areas (like private property) where humans rarely or never roam.

So the bottom line is, if they are highly intelligent, and can run faster than us, hide better than us, see, hear and smell better than us, not to mention traveling at night and don't want to be seen by us, why should we expect to see the creatures more often than we do?

P.S. the creatures do eat meat with their veggies.
thekingdomkeys

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Just a thought:

But some folks out there tend to believe that Bigfoot has some kind of Paranormal connection and that he is from some sort of parallel dimension and he can go into and out of said dimension at will.

Yeah, that is an oddball theory, but hey, when dealing with a subject that a lot already call "oddball" you have to make sure that every angle is covered.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

"But some folks out there tend to believe that Bigfoot has some kind of Paranormal connection and that he is from some sort of parallel dimension and he can go into and out of said dimension at will. Yeah, that is an oddball theory, but hey, when dealing with a subject that a lot already call "oddball" you have to make sure that every angle is covered." ...some folks do believe this and I as a BF researcher (even though I believe them to be flesh and blood apes) am not able to rule this scenario out, that BF is an alien or being of some other dimension.

But this I know for sure, that there is an underground (human) organization that I refer to as the "bad guys" that is attempting to keep researchers like myself from proving the existence of Bigfoot. And the "bad guys" have invisible technology, where they can and do invisibly cloak their aircraft and themselves from view of others. And since they possess this invisible technology, it is not hard to take it a step further and say that they have the capability to invisible cloak the creatures too! Some native Americans have claimed to see the creatures disappear before their eyes - was it a creature moving between dimensions or was it the bad guys establishing an invisible cloak in between the creatures and the native Americans?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join