It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vast Nazi archive opens to public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Vast Nazi archive opens to public

news.yahoo.com

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - After more than 60 years, Nazi documents stored in a vast warehouse in Germany were unsealed Wednesday, opening a rich resource for Holocaust historians and for survivors to delve into their own tormented past.

The treasure of documents could open new avenues of study into the inner workings of Nazi persecution from the exploitation of slave labor to the conduct of medical experiments. The archive's managers planned a conference of scholars next year to map out it
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Its kind of like finding buried treasure. Apparently there has never been any attempt to organize the information and given the size of the records, it may take years to do Some of the information already unearther include a list of employees at Oskar Schindler's factory to a transportation manifest to Auschwitz which includes Anne Franks name.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well this could send waves threw the holocaust deniers/revisionist agenda as documents and figures of those transported and killed come forth. Of course, this could go the other way and lend more credence to their agruments.

As you said, the records are huge:

Few outsiders were allowed to see the actual documents, which number more than 50 million pages and cover 16 linear miles of gray metal filing cabinets and cardboard binders spread over six buildings.

So it could take a long long time before any definitive answers can be shared.

More importantly, these records probably hold answers for thousands of surviors as to what happenned to loved ones during the holocaust. I am glad some level of closure will come from these archives.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

I hope you're right; I hope this does make Holocaust deniers stop and think. People like David Irving, Nick Griffin, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and others should be personally taken round these archives and be made to read some of them. Perhaps take them round one of the death camps too. Then ask them to deny it again.

Nevertheless, this is a very important development for both the families of those persecuted by the Nazis (not just Jewish ones) and historians studying the wider Nazi period. I imagine there's some very interesting material in there, and I hope it's shared with the rest of the world.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ste2652

Or better yet, as they organize and catalogue the files, scan them into a digital archive and get a site up for international scholars to review. It would be a shame if age, vandalism, or theft was responsible for the loss of important documents.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I would love to see this.
I loathe the nazi's, find them worse than politicans..
but, I just can stop learning about the 30's 40's.
Ill be heading over to have a look.

top topics

join