It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ronald Weinland Predicts Large Attack On US & Opening of the Seventh Seal of Revelation & Begining o

page: 14

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

He addresses these questions in 2008-God's final witness. He says sackcloth is symbolic of humility. He says the fire proceeding from the witness's mouth is truth and that after the 7th seal is opened he will be given power by god to do those things that are mentioned in revelation.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Marineone

You can't accuse me of not wanting walk just because I point out questionable points. Small or big, any error is error. A Holy ordained person cannot preach the wrong things. If he doesn't claim himself to be God's ordained then I wouldn't be scruntinizing him. We can't just take whatever comes to us and follow blindly. Where do we get to know how he's using the money his followers give him and his profits from book sales for all of God's work and not for himself? You know well about scandals of charity organizations that used donated money for unjust cause.

I just the first chapter of RW book, Prophesized End Time, and I see one flaw he stated about Christianity: He wrote on page 15 "Traditional Christianity calls Jesus the Christ, the Messiah, but
they do not acknowledge His Kingdom that will come to rule this
earth at the end-time. They have clouded the literal Kingdom that
is to come to this earth with a type of kingdom they believe is in
heaven. They believe mankind must come to “accept Jesus Christ
as personal Savior,” so that at death, they will be resurrected into
heaven. But heaven is not the Kingdom spoken of in prophecy, over
which the Messiah is to reign."

Although I have not read the long version of the Bible, I have read the shortened version of Bible given to me by a fellow Christian when I asked God for me to find him, and that book states that Kingdom of God is going to be established on Earth with Jesus as the one just King and he will have the aids of his Father, God, and the saints on heaven. I don't recall any mention of human being able to go to heaven. After we die, if we are of GOD's child, our souls will remain eternal with God, but I did not recall reading that it says that souls would go to heaven. Again, maybe I missed out as I read the shortened version. But I'm definitely sure, the Bible says that after ressurection, Jesus will rule over the Earth for another 1000 years where there will be total peace among humans and things on Earth.
Now that's just one flaw from his book. There can be more as I go further.

Whether I want to walk with God or not I know it in my Heart and God knows it too. You can't accuse someone of not wanting to walk with God just because he/she is questioning things that are suspicious. And we should be suspicious as we are living at a the most chaotic time in World's history where false phrophets and teachers are everywhere. If we are easily fallen, we can easily follow the wrong path. I am human and not perfect so I do have sins and lust but I tried to ask my conscience when doing things to see whether it's right or can hurt someone. Ever since I walked with God, I have healed all of my relationships. I can't have such great happiness if I'm doing the wrong things. People in my life change too as they see through how I have changed. And they have also began to be spiritual and change for the better. I believe in living as an example to spread the word of God. But I never tell people I'm perfect. I tell them my flaws too to show them I'm just one of them just a better person than I was before because of God and I tell you I now enjoy great happiness even though I'm alone. That doesn't matter to me. I'm happy just to see people around me become better people and getting along. I tried my best to get people to get along with each other and I succeeded in changing hearts of some and not others. But I just know I have done my part and what I was called to do. Walking with God isn't easy. The tears I shed and humility I endured. But I never gave up and continued to love and be kind to the people that had done me wrong. In the end, they have become my friends and became better people. I felt I have done my part as a Christian and all the pains I went through trying to show the world LOVE is worth it

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
How about this? Give him the benefits of the doubts and just follow the precautions and warnings he gave to be prepared for what to come. But don't idolize him and conclude that he is one of the two witnesses until he's proven. When he's proven, I will not afraid to call him witness and follow his teaching and won't hesitate to support him financially to further his teachings if what he preach is the TRUTH. And in just a few months we will know whether his prophecies are correct.

But do you know that the bible preaches that evil things are not created by God but Satan. The Bible preaches that after Satan is casted out of Heaven, he will take his rage out to God's children and we will suffer but if we remain true to God, after our death, we will be ressurected to live with Jesus on Earth in a new and peaceful Earth for another 1000 years.

So all the evil things we are about to face are done by Satan and it was written in the Bible as God has seen it. Well then I supposed whatever happens next will not only be know by God's people but Satan and his followers too, as I suppose, if Satan is to do all of those troubles, he would know beforehand what's to come and so would his disciples.

Again, I would appreciate inputs from other pastors on what they think. As a new Christian, my knowledge about the Bible is limited to the shortened version I received. But my intuition tells me to hang on and not judge, yet not afraid to point out what I think is suspicious.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I have read the books and listened to most interviews and have my Bible close by.

I was raised catholic as a kid but was a lost person as an adult. I never felt comfortable in any church. I always believed and had faith, but never had any answers.

Even as a kid I had friends brag they were Lutheran as if they were better than me because I was catholic yada yada yada. I never understood if we all pray to the same God, then how can there be so many different religions and beliefs?

Well... to say the least, I am sold. Ronald Weinland wrote these books and cleared up everything. It finally made sense. I don't think any man could have laid it out as clearly as he has. He clearly said he is not a writer and really had no desire to have to write them. He said God had him write them so people would have facts to follow once the events he's spoken of come to pass. With such clarity revealed I have to believe God had him write these. No everyday Joe could take the Bible and write in such clarity a he has. Not even Ronald himself could write this. It was obvious to me that God had much to do with the writings just like he had everything to do with previous books written in the Bible.

I read several times in previous posts that no one should add or take away from the scriptures in the Bible. That is correct. Ronald hasn't, his writings are 2 distinctly "new" books.

So, call me nuts, a crackpot, or a loon. Because I believe what is coming and what I have read has changed the way I think, speak, and act with everything I do. Even though I still sin, I have Jesus Chris Elohim on my mind 24/7 which is all I need to go where I need to go.

I would like to visit more with other faithful... I have questions for you.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 123glory

The number one thing that should raise red flags with Ronald Weinman is his proclamation of being one of the two witnesses. Your take on his making money off of his books is precisely correct. You can try to reason with HIS disciples, and that is what they are Ronald Weinland's disciples, not Jesus Christ' disciples.

Ronald Weinland has all the makings of the same deceptive spirit that embodied David Koresh and Jim Jones. For a man to rise up and call himself a prophet is one thing, but to call yourself one of the two witnesses of Revelation is equally deceptive. I really and truly look for something to happen to Ronald Weinland. Not at the hand of any man, but by the hand of God. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he dropped dead mid sentence behind the pulpit while spewing his poisonous venom.

I realize that is strong talk, but one has to remember what Paul said in Galatians:
As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

I have a burden for these disciples of his but, when you choose not to listen, there isn't much you can do for them, but let them follow the course they have chosen.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
When RW is referring to Heaven and the way traditional Christianity teaches, he later goes on to tell that man doesn’t like the idea of finality. Also, souls is translated from Hebrew “nephesh” which means “living creatures”. In Genesis, fish are also called nephesh (souls). We have inside of us a “spirit essence” which is what makes us unique. Anyway, traditional Christianity basically says “ask Jesus into your heart and you are saved” and you will go to Heaven. This is not true. However, because man doesn’t like the idea of just dieing and that’s it, they have taken the references of the Kingdom of God from Revelations and formed it into Heaven which our “souls” will go once we are dead. Our spirit essence returns to God but is nothing without the body it came from or was put into.
I grew up Episcopal and I heard this weekly in Sunday school – “accept Christ as your savior and you’ll be saved and go to heaven”. Well, now I realize how much I have been deceived. There is a Heaven, where only God and Jesus reside. There is no hell. Hell (Hades) translates to “grave, or whole in the ground”. There is no eternal torment for those who sin. “For the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). Simple.

Keep reading and you’ll understand more as he gets deeper. I’m still trying to sort everything out as well, but I firmly believe that we are in the end times and that RW will show us what to do when we need it. But only through Christ can we have any hope of living into the new millennia of God’s Kingdom with Jesus as the King of kings.

Peace to all.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by discipleelohim

discipleelohim, Glad to meet you and you are not a loon nor a crackpot. Just as sure God wrote the books you only understand them by his Grace. That is the greatest miracle of all ......God recreating Himself in us and opening our minds to his truth.

I will willingly answer any question you have either here or on more personal in my email rt250west@aol.com. So feel free to write me and introduce yourself. Actually I am waiting to hear from Weareone and xpander and jnthemyst as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 123glory
reply to post by TruthSeekers

And he changed the book title into 2008 - end time. When the book was originally published in 2006, it was under a different title without 2008. Now, with the 2008 put on the title that should make many people rush to buy it because it concerns their immediate future.

I forgot to mention another Grave error (so many can't catch all of them). The book was never published without 2008 on the cover. I have my hard cover that was sent out before all the revisions were made. These were sent to the members of the church before the soft covers went to print. It has on it 2008 ... This book has always had 2008 on the cover. Just don't want these lies to mislead anyone.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Marineone

Well, I was pointing that change of title out as someone from the COG who claimed to be a writer insider and he/she wrote in this web site ( www.cogwriter.com...) about the book 2008-God's Final Witness :
"In January 2006 , Ron Weinland told me that he was also producing another book, which he called God's Final Witness, which he planned to promote in late 2006 and beyond. Well, the title was slightly modified and is now called 2008 - God's Final Witness."

what is your take on that person and all of his/her claims about RW?

Anyhow, this is my last post on this topic - all because I afraid if RW is indeed the witness and I'm doing all this and cause people stray away from him, then I'm being used as a tool for Satan. But here's my final take on this for now:

I am more convinced now as I read more into RW book 2008 - end time. He is either telling the truth or if he's a liar, he is a very skilled and intelligent con artist who had done his home work and knows the bible well and a skilled writer. While I admit I am slowly being convinced by him, but I must also point out that Satan worshiped God too, knows the gospels well too, and is also an extremely skilled liar.

Although a lot of things he wrote make sense to me, I still feel uncomfortable with his bold claim that he is one of the two most important witnesses/prophets of all time, even more important than Moses. This resounds so much arrogance from RW. He could have just say he's important as all of God's prophets and he's here to deliver the messages to us and then give us all the warnings, then let God proves what he says is true by letting things come to pass. Bible warns against pride and self.

I also question, why, if God wants to prove, why he doesn't use the good things to prove, why use horrific events to prove? But then, I think that if he uses good things to prove, then we'd not be scared and people aren't willing to change until they're scared. Still, can't God just use a mixture of good and bad events to prove his words and should he let billions of his children die in order to prove his words? When millions to a billion die, it's enough to scare people and get them to bow to God.

I am just questioning from my heart of compassion. I just can't see why if I love the people around me so much that I let most of them die. Even people who had done me wrong, I don't have the heart to see them get harmed let alone wanting to see their death. I'd rather use patience and compassion to change their hearts and I did and it worked. Yet, I also admit that using compassion to change hearts work with some people and not others. Some people are indeed are so stubborn in their twisted self-righteousness that they failed to see they were being evil although their intention is good. yet, others change for the better for a while but without praying to draw close to God, eventually revert back to their own self. I, myself, is guilty of the latter, but because I prayed and constantly have my heart with God, I stayed from Him for a brief period to have fun, but was able to find my way back.

But then God has been mercy and patience for the past 6000 years. And big warning during World War I did helped to get Man to step back and consider but wasn't enough for them to all turn to God. More than 50 years past, Man was given time to correct himself. But until today, if Man hasn't learned from the destruction of World War I and II, then Man will bring about our own destruction. If the majority of Man can all change today and turn to God, can Man be spared of the tribulation? But how can that be done in a short time? So maybe the only way to really get everyone to bow is to allow great destructions. Though, I want to stress again that Satan has been casted out of heaven and during end-time he and his disciples are very agressive in trying to stray people away from God as they know they're running out of time, including satan himself pretending to be the Saviour. And because satan is in his rage for being casted out of Heaven, he will take his rage out on God's chidren. The terrors, if happened, will be done by Satan/Evil and not by God, but God will not stop the terror as God wants Man to be fully convinced that their self-rule way with satan in the last 6000 years have not worked. He wants Man to bow down to him and admit Man has failed and want/need God's help before Jesus return to stop all the terrors.

Humanity, please understand God. Do not blame him for what to come. Instead, repent and turn to him today and pread the words...

And God, please, if this man is really your servent and sent to us by you, please forgive my doubting him. But I doubt him because I have read what you taught me through your Word (the bible). And I am pointing things out not to attack him but to point out suspicious points I found so that others can judge for themselves whether or not they want to accept him as your witness. And I do this not out of a need to win an argument/pride but because You, my Lord, asked us to be strong and bold against what's not from You. But I admit I'm not very wise and right now I still have trouble deciding whether to put my trust in him or not.

If he is indeed proven as your witness, I will not hesitate to follow him and support him in spreading his words. But since I'm not yet definite, I will not say anymore about him, as if he is indeed your servant, then I don't want my words to be poisons that would lead people away from him in fulfilling Your task.

So my final word to RW and his supporters is: If you are indeed, God's servant and is the Truth, continue on what you're doing regardless of what hardships, humility, and oppositions come along. But if you are a liar, be sure that God is watching on you...and the truth will come out in the end.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I want you to read this closely:

1 Timothy 1:5-11
5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: 6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; 7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm. 8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; 9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; 11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

I read your post and see the sincerity of your heart displayed in it. The above scripture sums up the purpose of the Law, that being, that it is to bring us to Jesus. There are men out there who have , as Peter stated in his writings concerning Paul, men, who have twisted scripture to such an extent, they have done so to their own destruction. Ronald Weinland has done that. I told one of his followers that the very law they are following under (following) will be what judges them. But for us who trusts, solely trust in the precious blood of Jesus Christ and everything that consists of as in his death on the cross, his death and his resurrection, our faith in Jesus sets us free from that law they advocate:
Romans 7:1-6
1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? 2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. 3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Always remember, Salvation is simple, not complex and weighed down as Mr. Weinland has made it. If I seem harsh toward Mr. Weinland, it is anger like that of Jesus toward the Pharisees and anger like that of Paul toward the Judiazers. When you realize how PRECIOUS the blood of Jesus Christ is and what was required of Him upon the cross, you will do all you can to defend that faith.
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: (I Peter 1:19)
Google the lyrics to the old song: Nothing But The Blood of Jesus. That pretty much depicts the simplicity of the gospel. These people keep defending Ronald Weinland, lifitng him up, I will defend Jesus Christ and His shed Blood and only Lift Him up!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The only part of the law that was to be done away with was the sacrificing of animals since Chist was the sacrificial lamb. Many still sacrificed animals unto the lord after the crucifiction of Christ. I've been studying this the last few days and I'm convinced the law wasn't to be abolished because of Christ. Why won't you address Mathew 5-17 that I posted earlier? How come Paul and all the apostles still taught on the sabbath day and kept the feasts of God?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Hello 123glory. Im not sure if Ronald claimed he was more important than moses, but he did say he would be given more power than moses in order to accomplish what he has to do. Which is understandable because this time it is on a world wide scale, not just in Egypt. Also you asked why God has to cause so much destruction in order for people to listen, the answer is people will go back to rejecting Gods word after a short while. Even the Israelites, after being lead away from the egyptians and witnessing all those miracles, began complaining to moses about their situation. Every person who has ever lived will be resurrected to live a second time, at which point they will realise what has happened and be willing to listen with open ears, they wont be as keen in complaining this time.

By the way ty Marineone for answering my question on the timing of the seventh seal opening, it has cleared things up for me. I have your email which will be handy to have

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xpander

On page 11 of 2008, God's Final Witness, RW wrote, " In actuality, there has never been a time when God has given such power to His prophets to accomplish so much, and on a worldwide scale. These two witnesses will be the most formidableprophets God has ever used in all 6,000 years of human history."

dictionary meaning of formidable: of great strength; forceful; powerful

He is claiming himself to be one of the two most powerful prophets of all time. is there a verse in the bible that says the two last witnesses will be the most powerful of all time? if you can find it, please post it. If the bible says they are the most powerful, then he is not boasting himself but if bible doesn't say it, then he is boasting, and that is a sin that a holy being should not commit.

Someone asked me why I have to pick on the small errors - well, like I said error is error small or big, a God-ordained person cannot make mistake that the bible prohibits. Besides, Satan is a skilled liar and at the end time, he will pretend to be the Savoir and with his being very cunning, it's very hard to pinpoint his flaws to reveal his true self. Sometimes, all it takes is a small error or clue to crack a case=).

Another point is psychic predictions sometime come true too. Are they sent by God? I have had my fair share of Psychic predictions in the past before I found God, most were false prophets while a very few did gave predictions that came to pass. So if we say whoever foretell the future correctly is sent by God, then what do you say about those psychics?

Also, if RW is God-sent, he should get his words out to the churches and Vatican and let those wise men of God know of him. Does the Vatican and the major churches of the world know about him? So far, he is traveling places and take interviews from radio stations to appeal to the public but the problem with the general public is that most of us wouldn't know by heart the bible to see his flaws to rebuke his claims. He hasn't confront the Vatican. If he is the real thing, must he be afraid? It is to the people of the church first that I think he should go to to tell them of his identity. Then, whether they accept him or not it's up to them but he would have done his job by delivering God's message to God's true people first .

But then, he said, all religions of the world are false and all christians, jews. and Muslims have followed the wrong teaching. He said there is only one true practice of God's way and that is him and his church. He is correct that there is only one truth and therefore, all others are false. However, does this one Truth has to be in only one Church - his Church, the CHurch of God located in Cincinatti, Ohio? I have looked at his site and tried to find whether there are other locations of other Church of God in other places beside the main one at Ohio, and nothing is listed. What I gathered from what he wrote on the web site is that the way other from farway places get to follow his teaching is via telcommunication. Why are there no other churches following his teaching?

What I think about this one truth is that is it a sect of Christianity that is practiced by people in various places but it's a less popular sect than the rest but will emerged by the end-time to be the one true religion. I just can't see why this truth has to be a single church at a single location.

Anyways, like I said, I am a new Christian with very limited knowledge about Christianity than other Christians, so if I say something wrong, correct me. And would appreciate the inputs of wise God's people such as the pastors or anyone that is a well-respected Chirstian who knows their stuffs well. That's why I suggested that if RW is really one of the two winesses, he should go to the churches to tell them he's the chosen one

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

I never think I am righteous or perfect so I think it is best for me to keep obeying the law. I could not judge for myself whether I am righteous or not. The only one that can judge is Goc/Jesus. So it’s safer to just obey the law. I believe if I don’t obey the law I would sin.

And talking about sin, I would like to point out what the bible teaches about sins: God is just and sins must be punished. At the beginning God and Satan has a bidding where Satan claimed Man are selfish and has no unconditional love, that Man will only love God when he can get something in return. Man indeed have failed God many times. However, God love Man so much he sent Jesus to be one of the Man who lived a perfect life and never sinned no matter what test he was put through, thus, Jesus passed the test and proved Satan wrong. Therefore, through Jesus perfect life, Man sins are forgiven, and through his bloods and torture on the cross, bear the punishments for sins of Man. And because Jesus died and was resurrected, we too, will be given a second chance for life if we walk with God. All that is asked of Christians to earn our salvation is acknowledge and accept Jesus and all that Jesus has done for us, confess the sins, work on staying off the sins, obey the Word, and be kind and loving towards one another.

On our path walking with God, God knows human’s nature is sinful (passed on by our parents – Adam and Eve), so he does not expect us to be perfect and understand that sometimes we can sin again. Yet, even if we sin again, we will be forgiven if we confess with our true heart. That is what the bible teaches. But personally, I think the sins that are forgiven are sins that we have put effort into resisting them, but in the end we sinned because of extraordinary circumstances. Yet, all along, before we sinned we sincerely explain to God the circumstance and asked for forgiveness, and after we sinned, we asked for forgiveness again. Then finally, try to do something good to make up as well as continue trying to stay away from sins. I believe God will only continue to forgive your sins if you truly put effort in trying to resist them. Some people, claiming that as long as they confess, all their sins will be forgiven, then they kept on sinning then confess then sin again without any remorse. That is an abuse, twisted belief of Christianity, and make a bad name for Christianity.

So in the end, I’ll say one more time, I dare not judge myself and I think I’m not perfect or always righteous, so I will continue to obey the law.

P.S. Please do not ever wish something evil for anyone in the future. Our God is a mercy and loving God, therefore, we should be too. And wishing evil things to happen to someone is evil itself. If you disagree, just point out the points you don’t agree on, fight it back with evidences and thoughts. There is no need to slander RW as we have not proven he is false. If in the end, he is false, the world will know and he will disappear. Whether he lives, die, sick, etc does not matter to me. All I care about is that if he is false and his words are false, then the would should know about it and something happen to take his words off the shelves and away from the people. All I pray for is the truth for the people and myself. I don’t wish to see anyone harmed.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
123Glory,

I am not sure whether you are asking questions just to ask questions or if you really want answers. Or if you are using questions to argue your point.

All i can really say is stop trying to pick apart the book and READ it first. All of it. If you really want the answers they are all there. ask God to give you the truth no matter what it is. I will ask you some questions though, and honestly they are for you to answer to yourself, not to me.

1. You say you keep the law. Do you keep God,s Sabbath on the right day and in the right manner? Does the trinity Network keep God's True Sabbath? If not, Why continue to listen to them? Both Them and RW can not be right. Either one is right and one wrong OR Both are wrong. No in between.

2. Why would RW go to the WORLDLY churches if the Church of God PKG is the only true church?

3. If he is a prophet of God should he not go where God tells Him instead of where YOU think he should go? Wouldn't that make YOU the end-time prophet?

4.You say you bring up points of contention(my words) to help others make a decision. Why would you do something such as this(Casting doubt) when you know not the truth your self? Are you not then a self appointed teacher?

Again I do not wish the answers only that you actually read the book. You will have all your questions answered and you will be convinced one way or another and all will know where you stand. I am here in this site only to help those who believe this but have question, AND have done their homework and put forht the effort into it and sought out the answers in the books and the sermons and the other material. I can not give it to you it has to come from God And anything less would be vanity on my part. So Read the book do your homework listen to the interviews. The other people will do the same and if God is not there why hang around?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jnthemyst

Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient...
What portion of that scripture is not clear to you? THE LAW, the ENTIRE LAW, is not made for a righteous man. The scripture doesn't say that the sacrificial part of the law is not made for a righteous man, but the remainder of the Law is. That is how you are describing it, which kicks against the truth as laid out.
Read this closely:
Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?(Galatians 3:3-5)
Do you understand what Paul is asking here? When you were saved, what saved you? Faith in the Jesus (death, burial, resurrection) is what saved you: FAITH. If you think you can add to or finish the course any other way, you are mistaken. God has designed salvation in such a way, in such a very narrow, pressed in, confined way, that he WILL not allow any man to boast where it is concerned. You begin by faith and you best finish by faith. If you need further proof, just read Romans 1:16-17.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

..."But then, he said, all religions of the world are false and all christians, jews. and Muslims have followed the wrong teaching. He said there is only one true practice of God's way and that is him and his church. He is correct that there is only one truth and therefore, all others are false."

One of the most prominent signs of a "cult" is that they exclude every other church (doctrine) and claim to be the ONLY one that has in their possession the absolute truth.

Has anyone read the size of the New Jerusalem as contained in Revelation?I guarantee you it is capable in size of holding 1 million times more than JUST the disciples of Ronald Weinland. Unfortunately, deceivers will not have their place there. Who then?
Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him by THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
It is nothing but the Blood, The Blood, the Blood. Not: The Law, The LAW The LAW.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey

Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient...
What portion of that scripture is not clear to you? THE LAW, the ENTIRE LAW, is not made for a righteous man. The scripture doesn't say that the sacrificial part of the law is not made for a righteous man, but the remainder of the Law is. That is how you are describing it, which kicks against the truth as laid out.
Read this closely:
Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?(Galatians 3:3-5)
Do you understand what Paul is asking here? When you were saved, what saved you? Faith in the Jesus (death, burial, resurrection) is what saved you: FAITH. If you think you can add to or finish the course any other way, you are mistaken. God has designed salvation in such a way, in such a very narrow, pressed in, confined way, that he WILL not allow any man to boast where it is concerned. You begin by faith and you best finish by faith. If you need further proof, just read Romans 1:16-17.
And we are all lawless and full of sin while we are in the flesh, while we are carnal human beings. What part of that don't you understand?
Are you saying that the law only applies to those who you think aren't saved? That's seems ridiculous to me. Jesus said that not one jot ot title of the law was to be done away with until all be fulfilled. Has Christ came back yet? Jesus said not all would be fulfilled until heaven and earth passed away. Being saved through faith in Christ would obviously mean to follow Christ with all of your mind and spirit, Christ kept the commandments the right way and you say we aren't supposed to try to keep the commandments if we have faith in Christ. Not following Christ such as keeping the commandments and holy days of god shows LACK of faith in Christ.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by jnthemyst]

[edit on 19-1-2008 by jnthemyst]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Wholly crap! You folks are intense. "If only I could be as happy as my dog!"

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Here we go again, if Christ did it... I CAN DO IT TOO! Good luck. What do you suppose the Law of the Spirit is? You are trying to live something spiritually established by means of a fleshly Law. Can't be done, won't be done. It is like mixing oil with water. Don't deceived yourself into thinking you can, all that is going to do is awaken everything fleshly desire within you.

Why do you think Paul went to lengths in GALATIANS to address the works of the law and expounding on how it awakens the flesh, thereby leaving one powerless over the works of the flesh?
If you say, 'Oh, Galatians deals with circumcision alone..." think of it this way, circumcision is the key to the engine which starts the Law. You can't address circumcision without addressing the Law itself.

Here is a truth, if you continue in the path that you are now"defending," expect to stay and live within the confines of Romans 7:10-24

The key is to let Jesus Christ live His life through you. No Law can do that. Only faith can carry that out. Read what Paul said in Galatians:

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

You and anyone who adheres to the Law, are frsutrating the Grace of God and according to scripture, I guarantee you, your flesh is alive and well and loving it!

new topics

top topics

join