It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waht do you think of God? How did he come to be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I believe in God, and i dont know where he came from but i do know that he was always there.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'd suggest you read my signature.

God does not exist as an entity, it is merely all that exists. And do you know what exists? Everything that CAN exist, DOES.

Time does not exist, and therefore NOTHING has ever been created or destroyed. Everything that exists, simply exists in the eternal NOW. Your level of perception and awareness has no affect on the reality, it simply skews your understanding. This is where the idea of the universe being an infinite school comes into play.. if you choose to learn, you can. If you choose not to, you can. Free will.

Here is a quote from Cassiopaeans...
Exactly. Now, when we go from the measuring system, which of course has been nicely formulated so that you can understand it, of density levels one through seven, the key concept, of course, is state of awareness. All the way through. So, once you rise to a higher state of awareness, such things as physical limitation evaporate. And, when they evaporate, vast distances, as you perceive them, become non-existent. So, just because you are unable to see and understand has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on what is or is not possible. Except within your own level of density. And this is what almost no one on your current level of density is able to understand. If you can understand it and convey it to them, you will be performing the greatest service that your kind has ever seen. Think about that for a moment. Let it seep into your consciousness. Analyze it. Dissect it. Look at it carefully and then put it back together again.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Also, I'd advise you to check my other thread, "GOD DOES NOT EXIST" (implying he's a separate creator entity such as religion tries to impose upon people)..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and.. proof that.. "TIME IS AN ILLUSION"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
the greatest conspiracy of all

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
God is the unknowable. God is the what is beyond the stars, what is behind the closed door, what lies at the heart of the sun, always out of reach and always there.

To me sometimes finding God is like the dog that chases its tail only to bite down and find himself.

God is the intelligence that got complexity/fractals started in nature and allows it to take its own course towards happiness.

God despite as hard as I try is beyond my imagination...I can not conceive in my thoughts how anything could solely (souly
) create all, manage all, and then allow it to suffer. God therefore is either imperfect or desires to see everything grow into something more through the stresses and suffering of life as his creation battles itself. Yet the word love is constantly driven into us as to what God is. So I must love while I kill, eat, and use all of his creation to survive. Something some Native Americans seem to understand. Perhaps I put too much emphasis on life since that is all I know, while God exists in death and maybe other realms beyond and uses life as just another level as we advance towards the unknown (God).

Why we are doing this at all is my question for God...I (and you) seem to just be along for the ride and don't have a clue as to why. Those Cassiopeans seem to know a lot...maybe they can tell me what existance is for?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
God is quite the Dogma, as is the human consciousness.

I believe both have a similar fate. Wether or not that a God force exists, thiers no point speculating. I think the further we do research, and self-reflect on " I " the more we will begin to understand this " God ".

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
I believe in God, and i dont know where he came from but i do know that he was always there.

There you go, you now know where he came from.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I dont afree wit u lilblam

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

To me sometimes finding God is like the dog that chases its tail only to bite down and find himself.

I totally agree with this quote. We will search and search for god, and when we do find him, we will realize he has been with us the whole time.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't think that we will understand "god" until we can understand the infinite. We think we do, but maybe only Steve Hawkings may be one of the few on the planet that does. I'm also open to aliens planting humankind here.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i beleave that god exists within evrything. I dont really follow the religion I was born into but I would say its something like what those japans people worship nature daoism maybe? I forgot name. Whatever I beleave he is in evreything

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Human brain has an area that responds to the God concept-it creates the religious feeling. From this response there has been numerous attempts to describe God and name God's attributes. All of these are human in scope, limit and focus.They are time and place appropiate within a given culture. Most importantly they are guesses and ultimately wrong. God as creator of the universe is an absurdty, as is God as the creator of man. Both are the function of natural forces. Now for the question of my belief's. iMy belief is that man cannot truly know God and therefor man's attempt leads to irrational beliefs, etc. Does God exist? I hope so. Is God interested in mankind's future? Not as we want God to be. Is there an after life? Not as we expect. Is God personally interested in us. Maybe/maybe not. I think man needs to get a better grip on this issue and accept the full responsibiliy for our actions and destiny.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Human brain has an area that responds to the God concept-it creates the religious feeling. From this response there has been numerous attempts to describe God and name God's attributes. All of these are human in scope, limit and focus.They are time and place appropiate within a given culture. Most importantly they are guesses and ultimately wrong. God as creator of the universe is an absurdty, as is God as the creator of man. Both are the function of natural forces. Now for the question of my belief's. iMy belief is that man cannot truly know God and therefor man's attempt leads to irrational beliefs, etc. Does God exist? I hope so. Is God interested in mankind's future? Not as we want God to be. Is there an after life? Not as we expect. Is God personally interested in us. Maybe/maybe not. I think man needs to get a better grip on this issue and accept the full responsibiliy for our actions and destiny.

Human consiousness is God. People simply miss-interpret scriptures.
Humans are soley responsible for his or her own karmic actions. Hell is earth and all its physical whims, and heaven is when on attains pure consciousness.

Deep

top topics

join