It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Flattened landscape'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Why certain places/times?
What is it that triggers such an effect?

I dont know. Wouldnt we all love to know the locations. On the other hand...there´s something unsettling/alienating about experiencing certain stuff while focussed within a 3-Dimensional-Mind.

I found it extremely tantalising that another person (mentioned above) apparently experienced the same while overlooking the gardens of Versailles, as she put it. (I suspect it must have been from the premises of the USA consulate.)

Maybe there´s a connection to Versailles being a meeting place for V.I.P-conferences.

And yes, to me, the Versailles story is the mother of all such stories.
I highly recommend watching the movie "Miss Morrison's Ghosts" (1981), which is based on it.

Never heard of that movie. I´ll check it out.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I hope you do. I think you might enjoy it.
It's very intelligently made.
And heres' the link:

"Miss Morrisson's Ghosts"

(I know most people know how to google for themselves, but I thought I'd spare them a second or two, so they can spend more time here... ; ))

P.S. Now that I think of it, it was actually thanks to this movie that I first learned about the story and eventually became very interested in the subject.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Unfortunately, the likelihood of me getting a movie that is not available on DVD is....

...slim.

Thanks nevertheless.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Unfortunately, the likelihood of me getting a movie that is not available on DVD i

Not that it would surprise me, but - what is this, then?

DVD (?)

(I am really asking, because IMDB is not always the most reliable source.)

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Sorry, I was only looking superficially. YES, it is available and I´ll get it. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

That's great news!
Now maybe I can get one, too.

More importantly, I know now just what gift to get to a friend of mine.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
So... anyone else saw a "distorted" landscape lately?

OR maybe knows anyone who has lived in or near Versailles and has had a similar experience (which was the original intention of the thread - and I did say it was a long shot.
)?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Fascinating thread... marking to keep track. I'll search my memory as well.

Also, it's completely obvious we are missing a huge piece of the physics puzzle as these reports are consistent. Thinking about it, if someone could interact with a previous time, then if 3d reality is "true" then they'd somehow have to bridge vast amounts of space, since the previous timescape existed many kilometers away as the solar system travels through space.

Hmmm , I also remember a tale reported by William Corliss of how during a power generator test in Illinois, I think... in the mid 20th century, there appeared over the generator a 2d vision of a woman reclining on a lounger with a peculiar fashion that looked vaguely from the 1920s, and it was visible for some time.

I hope that helps! I also hope we produce the next Einstein who can put 2 and 2 together to get Pi and figure this stuff out!

And yes, certain chemicals do seem to reveal certain aspects of reality not easily perceived in a normal conscious state, for most humans, anyway.

edit to add: Also, I know a woman who experienced a strange, old shack seemingly from the 1600s that appeared infrequently in the woods in Westchester, New York... I'll have to contact her and ask if any 2d distortions were evident (or rather if she could remember anything about the landscape so I don't suggest anything).

edit on 1/29/2018 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vanitas

So... anyone else saw a "distorted" landscape lately?

OR maybe knows anyone who has lived in or near Versailles and has had a similar experience (which was the original intention of the thread - and I did say it was a long shot.
)?

First time in 2013 but rarely those first few years and nowadays it's a monthly occurrence. Sometimes i look up and see the sky in 2D which i like to call HD. The colors are more vibrant and the picture is more clear (like putting prescription glasses on) except it's flattened and therefore gives off the impression of being 2D, a digital screen instead of analogue 3D sky, a fake, a chinese counterfeit.
Not in Versailles or France but somewhere close in EU.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Exitt

My husband and I have experienced that phenomenon at least once that I can remember. But I am not sure it's related to what's being discussed here. There was no time slip that we noticed.

Ours was in conjunction with the weird sky sounds that first got discussed on this forum a few years ago. We were on a beach in South Carolina and there started up a reverberating deep thunder sound that seemed to come from everywhere at once and would not let up. We looked around and noticed everything looked unreal, the overcast sky looked like a painting. It had been overcast but looked real until those sounds started.

We felt uneasy and packed up our gear and left the beach. We went indoors and I think went and took showers and watched tv or something to take our minds off how strange it was. We had other family members inside who took a look at us and wondered what had happened. I guess we looked pretty spooked.

The funny thing is that my husband is a huge skeptic and not given to much imagination. He never speculates on any of the kinds of topics discussed on ATS. He won't even entertain political conspiracies. He always made fun of my participation on this forum. I've experienced many strange paranormal things in our previous house and so did family members and even visitors. But not him. His presence had a dampening effect on most strange things. But that day, whatever strangeness it was, it overtook even him and he couldn't exit fast enough.

I've experienced moments similar to that on my own, but I will only seriously consider the one I shared with my husband because that one is the most credible since it was also experienced by a very skeptical down to earth person with a very mainstream view of the world.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
So this story is not unlike some other I read twice....finding it twice by accident where some folks from that era saw large men in boats with fur hats and strange customs....just like this account........

I think the furry boys talked to the home folks and explained they were from Islands or something like that and graphics were included showing the tall fur bearing men and their garb and trinkets........
edit on 30-1-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Here is the movie Miss Morrison's Ghosts....enjoy.
youtu.be...
edit on 30-1-2018 by 808Funk because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join