It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad says Israel doomed to 'collapse'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Ahmadinejad says Israel doomed to 'collapse'

www.msnbc.msn.com

TEHRAN, Iran - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Wednesday the U.S.-hosted Mideast peace conference was a "failure" and that Israel is doomed to "collapse," lashing out at the Annapolis meeting that is widely seen as isolating Iran. "It is impossible that the Zionist regime will survive. Collapse is in the nature of this regime because it has been created on aggression, lying, oppression and crime," Ahmadinejad said after a Cabinet meeting, according to state-run television.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yet again more talk from Iran's president saying piece in middle east not possible with Isreal in existance.

He goes on to say that the conference discredits and arab nation who is trying to participate but stops short of naming his closest ally, syria.

The question is will the middle east ever be without tension?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
at least he is using words which FOX NEWS can`t twist for there own agenda

but other than a change of wording it is the same thing he has allways been saying.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yeah every article i've found about it so far has basically said the same thing and then referenced to Ahmadinejad talking about 'wiping isreal off the map' and what not.

I don't know why this guy won't just leave it alone and let peace happen if it can happen.

I mean even syria is willing to work out peace w/ Isreal. Probably won't happen due to the fact that syria requested the return of the golan hieghts which i don't think will take place any time soon, but at least countries are working towards it.

This guy just wants a big war to unite all arab nations.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well in light of trying to spark some conversation what do you think would Isreal to collapse

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I wish he would just shut his pie hole. The dude has diarrhea of the mouth. No, there will never be any mid-east peace as long as he is around. What a blubbering idiot.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
ashame his Syrian "friends" disagree with him

Ahmadinejad is just another anti-semitic fundamentalist, who is extremely insecure in his own country so is appealing to the extremists to gain support.

I wouldn't waste my time reporting his comments.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

So you don't think that any thing Ahmadinejad says will have any effect on current events?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathabeanz
So you don't think that any thing Ahmadinejad says will have any effect on current events?

Of course not.

If Syria is willing to sit around a table with Israel, with other arab nations, what does that say about Iranian zionist rants? Easy. No one is listening to them.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Alright i see your perspective and agree. You just made it sound like my thread had no merit and wanted to know why.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathabeanz
You just made it sound like my thread had no merit and wanted to know why.

YIKES!!!

Sorry

I didn't mean to come across like that.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by infinite]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well, he is right in the sense that "peace in the Middle east" is a lost cause. However, it's not due solely to Israel. These people, that's right, I said these people,
have been fighting for over five thousand years. To think that the Middle East is all of a sudden going to "catch enlightenment" and put down their swords and quit yelling "Allah Akbar" is naivete at its worse.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
sadly he is partially right that the Zionist state maintains its power by Apartide and supression of the arabs inside their lands. Till there are free elects in Isreal like in Iran there must taken a note about the double standard in Isreal.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char2c35t
sadly he is partially right that the Zionist state maintains its power by Apartide and supression of the arabs inside their lands.

Ashame its not a Zionist State.

Zionism is a political movement, Israel is a Jewish State

Till there are free elects in Isreal like in Iran there must taken a note about the double standard in Isreal.

WTF?!?

The Iranian President has targetted opposition parties and individuals, yet you think it's more free than Israel?

Can you say apologist?

[edit on 28-11-2007 by infinite]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't mean to sound bigoted, but my blood boils whenever I think about that whole region over there... Israel and all of the Arab countries should just go ahead and wipe each other out and maybe then, maybe, the rest of us could have a piece of mind.. I have popcorn for those who are in favor of just sitting back and watching. It certainly would be popcorn worthy.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
IMO, don't listen to this nutter. How many times do you see him say stuff like this on the news? Mostly everyday for me.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
He's probably right: long-term, Israel is doomed (in the sense of being a Jewish state) by simple demographics.

However this speech is mostly bravado from a demagogue politician trying to keep his political base behind him.

The subtext of preaching Israel's "collapse", as opposed to "destruction", is in essence an admission that while they might hate Israel, they can't really do anything about it either.

The Syrians are taking the pragmatic path - taking a chance on a settlement based on negotiation not war.

Ahmadinejad, hidebound by ideological constraints, can't do the same.
So he gets to watch helplessly as the future of the region is decided without an Iranian voice.
For this reason and many others, I think Ahmadinejad's political career is on the wane - even the hardliners can't stand him anymore...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
He's probably right: long-term, Israel is doomed (in the sense of being a Jewish state) by simple demographics.

I don't know about that. Militarily, there is no one that really matches up well with Israel in that region.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Military superiority tends not to last - ask the Greeks, the Persians, the Romans, the Germans...

And Israel's nuclear monopoly in the region is also a temporary condition - the nuclear genie has been out of the bottle since 1945, no amount of force can put it back in. Sooner or later Iran or some other regional power will have the bomb.

The demographics of the region are simple - six million or so Jews surrounded by hundreds of millions of mostly Muslim Arabs.

Israel knows damn well that a superior military only goes so far and that the demographics of the region mean that to in order to continue to exist, they have to make peace with their neighbors. They have already done so with Jordan and Egypt, now they must do so with Syria and Lebanon.

Why do you think even Sharon, a hardliner's hardliner, was willing to negotiate with the PLO and start pulling out of the occupied territories and removing settlements?

Because hardliner or not, his mission was Israel's survival, and he was smart enough to see the writing on the wall: Israel must steer away from conflict and towards reconciliation if it is going to survive.

[edit on 11/28/07 by xmotex]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Israel knows damn well that a superior military only goes so far and that the demographics of the region mean that to in order to continue to exist, they have to make peace with their neighbors. They have already done so with Jordan and Egypt, now they must do so with Syria and Lebanon.

Why do you think even Sharon, a hardliner's hardliner, was willing to negotiate with the PLO and start pulling out of the occupied territories and removing settlements?

Because hardliner or not, his mission was Israel's survival, and he was smart enough to see the writing on the wall: Israel must steer away from conflict and towards reconciliation if it is going to survive.

I have to agree. I think if israel is going to stay clear of war on many fronts it has to avoid advocating one. They learned this lesson while meddling in lebanon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join