It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The era of Space Marines is here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Robotic exoskeletons with superhuman strength but grace enough to play ball in. These prototype models are insane! When you see the design concepts for the next step it's for full armoried super soldiers.

CNN

What chance would any army have against a full battalion of these?

[edit on 28-11-2007 by merryxmas]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
if above link doesnt work here is another:

CNN

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
That was really cool. Just wait til they get the whole project going and they put on the whole suit with it's own power pack. I'm telling ya!, I know not all sci-fi movies can become reality, but alot of them are. Nice post and awesome exoskeleton.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluess

Star wars meets Sigorney(sp?) Weaver. !0,000 of these as urban shock troops would be a real headache. Especially when they could almost instantly double by splitting, though the second team would be only normal humans.

This idea would work well for space exploration also, especially on a planet with a higher gravity.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
That was an awesome video. Can't wait to see the next stage of advancement into a more field ready prototype. Great post.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Is it just me or as soon as you see this suit, you think supressed technology?

If they're showing us this now, what have they got? The IMC is all for secrecy on 'national security' censored projects...why are thy showing this unless this is the 'before' model.

I think that all the technology we get shown, the end products aswell as research is filed away, and years later is all revealed as a 'big break through'. By now I wouldn't be suprised if we had this nailed this suit to a thin light weight model, and fleets of various models of ISC's (cruisers, battleships etc.)

just my thoughts. thanks.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
If only there was still room for ground wars that would require this type of solider (and I don't mean it like I wish there was a reason, lol, so settle down
)

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

There's no reason for that project to be part of a "black budget program." It's not like they are giving away any national security secrets... Other nations can get the same idea from watching Sigorney in Aliens as some have suggested... You can have all the ideas in the world, but you still need $money$ to do research in order to turn them into a reality.

Check out this guy. He researched a "flying platform" for humans to cruise around the moon using TVC. His rocket platfrom never was used however his research eventually led to the Lunar Excursion Module (LEM) design.

In other words, there's no telling how useful that exoskeleton will be in the future... could just end up being used as a forklift for tight spaces. Or it be one of the greatest military advances in history. There's no reason for other nations to seriously invest in unproven technology. But you all are right.... that exoskeleton thing does seem to have alot of potential

One more thing.... there is already an existing thread on this topic.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Freaken awesome yet scarey and not surprising. Cool video though.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Whatever....so the enemy just has to create a situation where aposable thumbs are key and game over.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm sure opposable thumbs are right around the corner. That news coverage is pretty cool, sounds like on step closer to Master Chief in my opinion, hehe. I can't wait to get issued an exoskeleton.

Although it's scary on the same level of its coolness, because if the military is ever turned against the normal population, theres almost no stopping soldier's with that kind of equipment.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
i wish i could have my own

imagine that being for public use

no more back bracking labour

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I partially agree, this may not be a black budget program, I was merely stating what I believe to be a widely used policy. If they stumble across a technology that would advance us decades, would they release it?

This I doubt, because lets face it, theyre there to make money, and although the discovery of a new technology would yield ALOT of revenue, but an even better way would be to create and sell all the technology in between, for instance...(letters being the generations in any technology)

We are at A...If they discover a new technology that boosts us up to say a D or an E, theyve missed all the stops in the middle that would make them money, but if they release the technology slowly, A, B, C, D and then E, they have made ALOT more money. People say its surpressed, I say it's delayed for the purpose of money, to follow a logic path, rather than in leaps, which i believe we make daily.

The minute you buy something, Its obsolete in terms of the 'curve', thats how it all works IMO, just plain old dirty business practice, and the IMC is all about the monies.

To diverse quickly, think about tesla, late 19th/early 20th century, he created incredibly advanced forms of energy creation and storage aswell as thousands of other patents that wouldve changed the face of te world, were do you think this technology is now? Lost? or filed away somewhere waiting for the time when it can be abused, when all the oil is gone and then there is a miraculous discovery! just in time, there will be ZPE in the future, but by no means will it be 'free' energy.

And this is how it will always be unless something is done,in any field that has potential, these are my opinions and are in no way varifialbe.

thanks.

top topics

join