It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

torture* Americans GI's have been tortured in every war since Geneva

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Does'nt this talk of water boarding get a little old! I wish I had a dime for everytime I have heard john Mcain talk about not waterboarding a terrorist who has cut someones head off or set off a bomb that killed 50 innosent people' I was tortured, he says and then talks about how bad it is. Get a clue no one cares about torture unless its an merican doing the torturing! In every stinking war we have been in our Gi's were tortured. What good is the Geneva Convention. Frankly these mass murdering proxy solders of mideast dictators are not covered under the geneva convention. So torure away, We got your back here on the home front!

[edit on 11/28/2007 by rockets red glare]

Mod Edit: Fixed Title

[edit on 11/28/07 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
torture is known to be useless in obtaining information...

your right, many American soldiers have been tortured by other countries. Japanese soldiers were tried int he Hague for water boarding American soldiers during WWII...

still America was known for not torturing. this among many other lost habits, is what made America the leader of the free world. our decision to respect international law and human rights and dignity are part of what made this country great. people bitch about America torturing and they should...no one should torture, it is unethical and does not provide reliable intelligence. it pisses me off because i love my country and it shames me to know that we have sunk to such a level.

it's understandably fustrating to hear our country being critiqued and condemned, but i think it is for a reason. for so long we stood for the moral high ground, and now we flaunt how we don't give a dam, people are bound to be pissed....

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rockets red glare

um.. many of the people being tortured could be innocent. i love how you're imagining every person that is being tortured as a mass murdering non-human..

you know, maybe these people are just fighting in iraq because they want the USA out of their backyard... well, if their backyard was still there after that bomb fell on it...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

you bet they want the US out of their back yard!! We were counting on that when we went in! why kick over every rock looking for them when all we had to do was take something that would drive them crazy! That how Americans hunt!! We don't chase our prey, we intice them to us!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

by violating international law and illegally attacking their hospitals?
by ruining once thriving towns and reducing them to rubble?

if this is how the USA fights, we have fallen

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Nietzsche

we've become the monsters we once sought to defeat.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

No we don't fight wars that way but arabs do! nothing illegal about iraq! Infact it was Iraqies begging the world to help them. We the honorable people of the united States asnswered their cries!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockets red glare

No we don't fight wars that way but arabs do! nothing illegal about iraq! Infact it was Iraqi's begging the world to help them. We the honorable people of the United States answered their cries!

Source/proof of this please...And no, the bleatings of a few Iraqi's in exile does not count...I want evidence that rank and file Iraqis in Iraq wanted help, before they were invaded...

And I'd also like said reply properly spelled (use spellchecker if in doubt) and correct grammar, please...Most of us are becoming tired of the poor standard of language in your rantings...

Anyone who honestly believes in their heart that Iraq is better off 4.5 yrs on really doesn't have:

A) a brain

or

B) A moral conscience

The damage done to Iraqi society by the coalition of the cowardly will take decades to heal, if ever

If anyone wants to take responsibility for that and call it a good thing, then bravo !!! *golf claps*

What a pathetic, cowardly thing to do...

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

I am not in the business of doing other people homework! It;s all out there, go get it! But, you won't find it in the liberal blogs, you will have to go to site you will probably find distasteful.

[edit on 12/1/2007 by rockets red glare]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
Anyone who honestly believes in their heart that Iraq is better off 4.5 yrs on really doesn't have:

A) a brain

or

B) A moral conscience

Hear, hear!

I'll add to that too...

C) the ability to think for themselves

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

No, you are not in the business of doing your own homework, actually...You act and post on hearsay and whatever fits your convenient view of the world...

Imagine if someone came a long, hypothetically speaking, and said they thought the death of almost 4000 people on 9/11 and the death of almost 5000 US soldiers during this conflict was a great thing ?

How would that make you feel...

But first....Consider the comment you made in this post...

reply to post by bobafett

If they are not a uniformed soldier of a nation the answer is no! i have to hand it to Rumsfeld. going in and taking out Sadam was a good move move! Why go kick over every rock in that part of the world when you can just take out a brutal dictator who pays them and have them come running to the killing fields! whats the total now? Iv'e heard reports it could be as high as 800,000. I call that a good start!!!

You honestly think 800,000 dead Iraqi's is a good thing or something to be somehow proud of ???

Anyone who thinks this way has a mental illness IMO and needs to be put away for the benefit of all society

What a disgusting way to think about your fellow man....Like it or not we are all the same save a few superficial differences...

People like you only further the agenda that has effused from some people within the US since 9/11 and it is indeed a disgusting stench...

The sad thing is, people like you refuse to accept your own government helped murder almost 4000 people on 9/11..

The shock is too much....and rather than step back for a moment, take a deep breath and take in all the fact and evidence at the time, lets take over Iraq...

Tell you what, if you dare try that on Iran, I will personally acknowledge a "hellyeah" for every single American that dies in the process...

And the best part of that for me is, there will be no Australian involvement in any attack on Iran...We got a sensible Prime Minister now, *snip*

ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette

[edit on 1-12-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
You wont find it ... because Saddam killed everyone who spoke out against him.

Yet of course our fellow ATSers would take this as it means that people loved Saddam and the evil Americans came along and invaded peaceful Iraq headed by universally loved Saddam who won 100% of the vote in every election!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Chris...

Just one question...

Who gave the US the right to play God and decide this for another nation ?

If WMD were involved, maybe I could accept that at a stretch....But the evidence for same was VERY sketchy and in-exact from the get go, and proven false early on in things...

Regime change is a crock of poo and you know it...Iraq represented no threat to any nation around it...Had they started something with the Israeli's, they'd be wielding stone axes with severe radiation burns even at an early stage...

To suggest invading Iraq by ANY of the reasons EVER proffered on ATS in disingenuous...

There was not a threat to Israel or any other near neighbour at that time of invasion, and there certainly wasn't any direct threat to the US...I mean that is more hilarious than Dave Chapelle
P

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Rilence]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

If you say that the highest authority in that country was paying 25,000 dollors for every terrorist willong to kill innosent Isralies and American residents and vistitors to The jewish state of Irael ' no threat' , then you are truely mistaken! That is an act of war! And war is exactly what he got! Not to mention the well deserved rope that streched his neck!

[edit on 12/1/2007 by rockets red glare]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Rilence

If you say that the highest authority in that country was 25,000 dollars for every terrorist to kill innosent Isralies and american residents and vistitors to The jewish state of Irael ' no threat' , then you are truely mistaken! That is an act of war! And war is exactly what he got! Not to mention the well deserved rope that streched his neck!

Where did I say that in any post I've made on ATS...Quit making stuff up...Frankly the mods should censor you for accusing me of saying something I did not say...

EDIT--Grammar

Careful Sunshine...

That kind of thing can get you sued in the State of Victoria...Thats Gutnick Vs Dow Jones & Co for the admins and 3 amigos...

Watch your mouth and keep it somewhat factual, eh ?

MODS-----WTF has my post been censored ?? The OP posts have been disgusting and offensive to anyone with half a heart within them...

This had better be fixed pronto or I will consider all options available....I hope its a case of one mod getting in a panic...

If not, with legal aid her I can fight a VERY cheap fight...

Quit the BS and hit my Inbox before i wake up sunday....To have someone like red whatever his name post and insult 90% of ats is unnaceptable...crazy really...

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

I was using the you in the "plural" sence not singular" as so many seem to believe that the United States is not allowed to protect it's own citizens from murders who were paid by a brutal dictator. Under any standard of law he "saddam' was just as guilty! His actions were acts of war!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence

Source/proof of this please...And no, the bleatings of a few Iraqi's in exile does not count...I want evidence that rank and file Iraqis in Iraq wanted help, before they were invaded...

And I'd also like said reply properly spelled (use spellchecker if in doubt) and correct grammar, please...Most of us are becoming tired of the poor standard of language in your rantings...

I normally just ignore grammar debates, but I noticed that you changed the post that quoted. Originally, it used the word "Iraqies," which you changed to "Iraqi's." If you are going to request that others use proper spelling and grammar, you should hold yourself to the same standard.

"Iraqi's" is possessive (note the apostrophe). "Iraqis" is the proper plural form of the word.

Sorry... I just felt that someone should point that out since poor grammar bothers you so much.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheHypnoToad

Thank you. I am a blue collar steal worker and have not typed of had to write in 40 years. If some one really want to communicate they can overlook typos and misspells and try to understand what the person is saying.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

His actions were acts of war against the US how ? Define them ?

Give me concrete evidence he declared war against the US ?

The thing I find amusing, is the US must have had dozens of ways to declare war on Iraq but Bush didn't have the ticker to try and declare formally...

How cowardly and weak...Lets face it....the GOP and its supporters have always been cowards...Willing to change their view to have their president in power even if it means disobeying the Constitution...

How brave....Kudos to those people involved...

*LMAO*

What a joke of a system...

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

In that case its a TERRIBLE shame your country did not require you to write or type at a primary school age...

Very sad indeed
(

You should lament that your country did not give you these skills sooner rather than later...It is almost 2008 after all...

Not to put it on you personally, but I find it appalling that someone in a first world nation like the US cannot write or spell to at least 7th grade appalling and a huge lack of care and interest in a huge number of people who could really benefit from programs to help them...

Geez...We went thru this in Aus over 10 yrs ago...Its no shame to sign up and help yrselves thru this...My father in law did 2 yrs ago and he is now a total gun when it comes to using the Internet

Look at it as a huge opportunity folks, not a negative....Pleeeeease )

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

www.foxnews.com... some of these bombs killed americans as well. Now it was an american led coalition or israel would have put a stop to it . We thought it was better to go to the U.N. We did that and got authorization for action against saddam.resolution 1481 i think was the number, th WMD's were only part of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join