It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush/Cheney impeachment resolution passes at lawyers convention

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga

Fact: Iraq war: as long as WWII on 11/24/07

How many US deaths in WW2?
How many US deaths in IRAQ?

Did we back out of WW2 because of the high death count??? Yet its the death count that has the democrats panties in a wad.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
We all know that they aren't coming for us. None of us are going to be tortured. As long as we stay away from radical muslims and remain law abiding citizens, that is.

Yes, just be a good little German. Never question your government, just remain ever loyal to the party. Don't speak out when your rights are taken away, that would be unpartiotic.

Fearmongering paranoia at its "finest".

I hope you realize the irony of this statement.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

Originally posted by JadePhoenix
One life to saves thousands

put this in your scenario and smoke it...

the guy you torture, admits he knows where the bomb is, and then lies about it. several different lies.
why?
because he's just trying to tell you what you want to hear, so you will stop torturing him.

how many lives saved?

zero.

I would rather attempt to save the lives, than sit by and do nothing like some bleeding hearts would have you do!!!!!! Smoke that!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rahul Buttar
Yes, just be a good little German. Never question your government, just remain ever loyal to the party. Don't speak out when your rights are taken away, that would be unpartiotic.

Well, when I feel my rights have been taken away then I will speak out, but as of lately nothing has changed in how I go about my life. Except the fact that I have to look over my shoulder every now and then and look for terrorists.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

We all know that they aren't coming for us. None of us are going to be tortured. As long as we stay away from radical muslims and remain law abiding citizens, that is.

Do you see the irony in accusing him of being on the side of the fear mongerers. It's the paranoid delusionals that fear monger about being oppressed, and their rights being taken away, while the rest of us are at work and going about our business. As for the never questioning the government/being a good German- can you show examples of Suzy Chapstick-Soccer mom, being oppressed? The only examples that you can cite are when protesters trying to cause civil disorder are arrested, or have been involved in some suspicious activities. If they'd been going about their business like everyone else, they'd never have to deal with the threat of the fearsome Taser.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

Like it or not we are at war with radical islamic terrorist groups, and they are not going to stop till they have either converted us or kill all of us. And maybe just maybe that one poor poor terrorest gives up crucial information that just may save your life one day. (hypothetical of corse) Or would you rather let yourself or your family die to save that one terrorist from torture?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
Well, when I feel my rights have been taken away then I will speak out, but as of lately nothing has changed in how I go about my life.

By the time they have all been taken away it will be far too late to speak out. Your apathy and ignorance of freedom is the kind of outlook that in the past enabled dictators to come to power. It also reflects the worst kind of cowardlyness.

"Free government is founded in jealousy, not confidence. It is jealousy and not confidence which prescribes limited constitutions, to bind those we are obliged to trust with power.... In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in men, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution." -- Thomas Jefferson, 1799

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams

"The greatest tyrannies are always perpetrated in the name of the noblest causes." -- Thomas Paine

Except the fact that I have to look over my shoulder every now and then and look for terrorists.

Ah yes, you can never know where terrorists might lurk. They could be anywhere, waiting in their sleepers cells ready to launch another attack. That little old lady that bags your groceries might be a secret terrorist.

You know Hitler said the same thing about watching out for Jews and political dissenters. Stalin told the Soviets to watch out for "sleeper cells" of secret communists.

Your statement about American history clearly demonstrates that it is YOU who is ignorant of our nation's foundation. Someone with such eager willingness to live under tyranny does not belong in America.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Rahul Buttar]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think the point he was making was that you haven't made a very convincing case that we are living under tryanny. Does anyone tell you where you can go, how you have to spend your time/money, etc....
It's a mockery to those who have actually lived under tyrannical regimes, to in any way compare our lifestyle to the suffering they've endured(i.e. being shot trying to get out of the country, being arrested for owning a Bible or a Beatles album, being tortured for speaking your mind or insulting the powers that be, etc...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yes, just be a good little German. ]

Does anyone but you understand why you keep repeating the line about being a good german on this thread?

I'm assuming that you mean it to be an insult of some sort, so let me ask you, "Would you like one of us to make assumptions about you based on your avatar name and tell you to go arrest a teacher, or something?"

How's your history lessons coming along?

If that's all you've got, please kindly stop wasting our electrons.

[edit on 11/30/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Your statement about American history clearly demonstrates that it is YOU who is ignorant of our nation's foundation. Someone with such eager willingness to live under tyranny does not belong in America.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Rahul Buttar]

Again with putting words in my mouth

When the hell did I say I am willing to live under tyranny. I abeginning to think you are a terrorist sympathizer. Ya see, I feel I will never be accused of being a terrorist for I live a inice simple life. It seems that you have a deep down fear of being labeled a terrorists, and potentially tortured someday. What do you do in your spare time that makes you feel this way?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Call it what you want.

I know for a FACT that innocent people get caught up with criminals all the time in innocent ways.

Story:

Way before 9/11 and the patriot act, I knew someone who got a letter in the mail. The letter stated that their phone was now tapped because someone phoned someone who phoned someone that was a drug dealer.

BTW, it was a 60 year old woman (my friends grandmother).

If you don't think it happens, guess again.

[edit on 11/30/2007 by Griff]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JadePhoenix
reply to post by billybob

Like it or not we are at war with radical islamic terrorist groups, and they are not going to stop till they have either converted us or kill all of us. And maybe just maybe that one poor poor terrorest gives up crucial information that just may save your life one day. (hypothetical of corse) Or would you rather let yourself or your family die to save that one terrorist from torture?

maybe YOU are at war with 'radical islamic terrorist groups', but i personally am at war with the LYING megalomaniac institution formerly known as the fourth estate, and now know as 'the media'.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
If they'd been going about their business like everyone else, they'd never have to deal with the threat of the fearsome Taser.

"Step out of line and the man come and take you away"

Buffalo Springfield.

[edit on 11/30/2007 by Griff]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Well then, don't step out of line. If you want to practice/engage in civil disobediance, have the courage to face the consequences. I certainly live my life the way I want, without any governmental hindrances, and have yet to have black helicopters tailing me. You need to argue from the general to the specific, not the other way around when postulating theories about examples of tyranny. Do screwed up things happen to innocent people occasionally?- yes. Is it the norm, or becoming the status quo? - no.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
Well then, don't step out of line.

Problem is: The line keeps moving. Even as we speak. "No spanking" laws being introduced. "Thought Police" policies being introduced. Maybe, just maybe, what you do now and is legal could be illegal tomorrow. Think about it.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

I agree with those examples, but those are policies originating from the left, not the right. Conservatives are generally against political correctness, and typically aren't in vocal opposition to corporal punishment. It's the touchy feely types that are the danger, as they know what's best for everyone else.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

It takes majority vote to vote laws into place. Plus, if the POTUS doesn't agree with them, he can veto.

BTW, I believe both right and left are nuts. Just my opinion though.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

...let me ask you, "Would you like one of us to make assumptions about you based on your avatar name and tell you to go arrest a teacher, or something?"

How's your history lessons coming along?

Origin of the name Rahul:

Rahul, a popular male name in India, has a variety of meanings. The earliest meaning found in the Upanishads is "conqueror of all miseries." Later use of the word is attributed to the Buddha, who named his son Rahul as he felt that family ties could be an obstacle in the path to renunciation and nirvana[citation needed]. Most Rahuls mainly belongs to the Hindu and Christian communities. [emphasis added] Some Dictionaries also suggest the meaning of Rahul as someone who is "Able" or "Efficient". Rahul in Sankrit means "Efficient"

The earliest recorded use of the word Rahul is found in the Mundaka Upanishad, wherein the word is used as a synonym for the moon[citation needed].

Rahul is also said to mean "prince of poor". A similar sounding name of French origin is "Raoul" (French form of Ralph), along with the Spanish "Raúl". It is a very common name in Europe. Also the Egyptian God of Sun is named Ra and Rahul is related to that.

People named Rahul:

* Rahul Gandhi, Indian politician and son of Rajiv Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi.
* Rahul Dev Burman, music composer
* Rahul Sankrityayan, historian.
* Rahul Mahajan, blogger and author of The New Crusade:America's War on Terrorism
* Rahul Sarpeshkar, scientist
* Rahul Easwar, Media person and Author
* Rahul Bajaj, Industrialist
* Rahul Gunderjaharagand, Viceroy of Patna, 1854-1866

Actors

* Rahul Roy
* Rahul Bose
* Rahul Khanna, son of actor Vinod Khanna

Cricketers

* Rahul Dravid, Indian batsman and the former captain of the Indian cricket team.

en.wikipedia.org...

You can make whatever assumptions you want. An intelligent person would research it for themselves instead of making the assumption that I must be a muslim terrorist or terrorist sympathizer because I have a foreign sounding name. Your unfounded and ignorant statement demonstrates the general xenophobic worldview of neoconservatives (neofacists in truth.)

Originally posted by traderonwallstAgain with putting words in my mouth

When the hell did I say I am willing to live under tyranny.

When you said that you think the government should do whatever it takes to prevent terrorism, including potentially torturing American citizens.

I abeginning to think you are a terrorist sympathizer. Ya see, I feel I will never be accused of being a terrorist for I live a inice simple life. It seems that you have a deep down fear of being labeled a terrorists, and potentially tortured someday. What do you do in your spare time that makes you feel this way?

I fear an unchecked government as any American should. I fear that without the rule of law, without the protections of the constitution, the government will oppress We the People. I fear that people will be labelled a terrorist and tortured simply for dissenting against the illegal and unconstitutional police state measures that America has been taking. If all you care about is being safe from terrorists, fine. I care about freedom, and preserving the American way of life.

What do I do in my spare time? I sing in a choir. I play the guitar. I go to the gym. I occasionally go on a few dates with a pretty girl. I take my dog for walks. I go to Ron Paul meetups to inform people about my views and try to affect political change.

What do you do besides cowering in fear of the next attack?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Its not good enough for them to be impeached. His 2nd term is almost up. He needs to be arrested and tried for crimes against humanity, then put in jail. THAT would make me feel better. Not impeaching him at the end of his term.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

When the hell did I say I am willing to live under tyranny.

When you said that you think the government should do whatever it takes to prevent terrorism, including potentially torturing American citizens.

WHEN DID I EVER SAY TORTURING AMERICAN CITIZENS?

sorry about the caps, but that was an insane assumption.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join