It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush/Cheney impeachment resolution passes at lawyers convention

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
IMPEACH !!! IMPEACH !!!
It's about time. Also while we're at it, why don't we add
conspiracy to commit murder by standing back and letting
9/11 happen as well. Don't let those guys draw that $100,000
retirement pension from our taxpayers, they don't deserve it.
What they do deserve is a good swift kick in the pants.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta115

And about my earlier (on this thread) contention that another impeachment would only further disrupt this country and perhaps even start a cycle that could ultimately lead to the coup that so many fear?

Please step back and think this through. There is way more at stake for this country (and world) than getting even for Clinton or whatever your true agenda is.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
reply to post by Zeta115

There is way more at stake for this country (and world) than getting even for Clinton or whatever your true agenda is.

I never mentioned Clinton and Clinton is not my agenda.
My agenda is justice. Justice for a people who have been
wronged by their leaders. This has nothing to do with Clinton

It is about right and wrong

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta115

But that still doesn't answer my key question. I'll re-phrase it. What if impeachment would ultimately do more harm to the country than good. Again, I'm asking people to step back and look at a bigger picture than just "we have to get these guys".

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JadePhoenix
Libs going after Bush/Cheney is nothing more then a modern day witch hunt!

Yes. Much worse than a blow job.

BTW, I already know it was purgory so you need not bring it up.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

But that still doesn't answer my key question. I'll re-phrase it. What if impeachment would ultimately do more harm to the country than good. Again, I'm asking people to step back and look at a bigger picture than just "we have to get these guys".

So, letting them get away with it would be better because it might disrupt the status quo? So what?

[edit on 11/28/2007 by Griff]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

What if impeachment would ultimately do more harm to the country than good. Again, I'm asking people to step back and look at a bigger picture than just "we have to get these guys".

It's a good thing people weren't thinking like you when the US fought for independence... otherwise the entire country would still be a colony under the monarchy's control.

No. We remove the evils we have at hand, whatever happens tomorrow, we will deal with tomorrow. We live in the here and now. Nobody can see the future, so don't bother asking them to.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by JadePhoenix
Libs going after Bush/Cheney is nothing more then a modern day witch hunt!

Yes. Much worse than a blow job.

BTW, I already know it was purgory so you need not bring it up.

So, one of you finally admits that this is more about getting even for what was done to clinton than anything else. Thanks for your honesty.

Oh and BTW. For the 10,000 time, clinton got his impeachment for lying to a grand jury and you could also say the rest of us (you, too).

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

...and when the status quo is torturing people in Americans name, now, U.S. citizens can be victimized by their 'above the Constitution' power grabs.

The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves.

- Dresden James

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ok lets picture bush and cheney do go on trial- it would take at least a year or two before they are sent to a prison but what if theres another bush and cheney to take there place? An even worse one! This is fantastic news though- maybe they will be hung like saddam?
Im crossing my fingers on that one. Either way- its about time America starts realizing its going down the drain and we are at a turning point where we can certainly prevent more damage from happening- this is the first step for sure.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I want to dispute the significance of this. I've been in law school, so I know that the National Lawyers Guild is a far-left, psuedo-Marxist or actual Marxist organization of lawyers with a much, much smaller membership than the American Bar Association.

That being said, I TOTALLY support impeachment.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Oh and BTW. For the 10,000 time, clinton got his impeachment for lying to a grand jury and you could also say the rest of us (you, too).

And, BTW, nobody died when Clinton lied.

Can't say the same for these two, can you?

Why is it such an issue with some to drag Bill Clinton into impeachment proceedings against Bush/Cheney?

By impeaching these lying draft-dodgers now, we'll be giving notice to any future elected public servants that they too must abide by the Constitution.

It's our patriotic, Constitutional duty to demand that these two cowardly thugs be impeached, for their crimes against the Constitution and against all humanity.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

And, BTW, nobody died when Clinton lied.

Can't say the same for these two, can you?

[edit on 28-11-2007 by goosdawg]

Really? I thought the trail of bodies left behind by the clintons during their rise to power was well known.

A lie by any government official is still a lie. It's just a cheap dem tactic to start saying "well, our guy's lies aren't as bad as your guy's lies". What utter nonsense.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
But, Centurion, isn't rise to power vs. in power two different things? Once in power, you are subject to the laws and rules that govern the organization (in this case, a country), are you not? Which laws are OK to break, and for how long? The people should just ignore what has happened because there was a President in the past with skeletons in his closet? I'm missing the point, I guess . . .

What if I moved into your house against your will and started changing things in dramatic fashion to what you and your family had become accustomed to, and made decisions that left you in disarray and your family disjointed, with nothing you even dare say about it? . . if you complain, I beat and torture you, or worse. Would that work?

I agree with your notion that impeachment is an ugly thing, perhaps comparable to divorce in some ways only on a grander scale. From what I can assess, however, the great North American Power is in a maddening tailspin (economically, politically, socially, spiritually, Constitutionally), and no matter how high up the plane was, eventually it hits the ground if adjustments are not expediently made.

Do we just stay in our seats and keep our seatbelts fastened?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
too little, too late at this stage of the game.

Weren't the Nurembourg trials too little too late?

These men must pay for their crimes. They survive on your apathy.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Not necessarily- they could call a state of emergency and initiate Marshall thereby holding in office until the emergency is resolved. Given their notorious disdain and reprehensible contempt for the law and acting as if they are above it- this is more than a remote possibility. They are all about a dictatorship and a move into Marshall law is about the only move they have left. And there is a more than 50% chance they will use it and probably at the very last minute which would correspond with their cruelty. Cheney naps all the time during session- is this because he is merely waiting for that last minute? Impeachment and imprisonment is our only hope. Neither Cheney nor Bush care about what anyone thinks- they believe they are above it.

Impeach them- imprison them as this will send a very clear message to the next administration to NOT try this again.

We are all experiencing the most dangerous time in the history of this nation. We have a trigger happy administration that truly believes they are doing such a great job that in 20 years we will be grateful. This kind of arrogance is waaaaaay beyond Hitler, Lenin, Stalin and even Kim Jong Il's insanity. They are even making Putin, Chavez, and Aneedadinnerjacket appear like good guys and that scares the caca out of me.

I am not an alarmist- this is what IS happening!

[edit on 28-11-2007 by dk3000]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Doesn't it feel kind of pointless at this stage? I mean, by the time any of these proceedings go through (if at all), won't they already be out of office anyways?

There is a point.

The point is to send a message and set a precedent for future presidents; that no matter the circumstance the president is not above the law. Terrorism is not justification for an American Gustapo to spy on our own citizens, nor is it justification for the barbaric practice of torture.

Impeachment is the most prudent course of action, not only to preserve the constitution but also to preserve our very way of life. We are at a crossroads in history. Will our country remain free from tyranny as we have for more than two hundred years, or will we walk down the dark path of totalitarian oppression?

I for one don't want to live in fear. I don't want guard my words because I'm afraid that the secret police might rendition (kidnap) me to Syria to be tortured into a false confession. I don't want to live in an America where any of my fellow citizens can be declared an enemy combatant and denied their constitutional protections against an unjust and over powerful government.

This is already happening and if we don't do something to reverse this degenerative trend then it will only get worse. There is no society in history that had a secret prison system outside the rule of law where torture takes place that did not eventually turn that system against its own citizens. Soon they will be torturing Americans, mark my words. Is this the America that our forefathers envisioned? Is this the kind of country that you want your children to grow up in?

What is the point you ask? To preserve liberty for future generations.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
when will you people understand it will never happen. im sorry but it wont. and by the way saying that the impeachment passed at a lawyers convention is like saying impeaching all the democrats with hilliray and obama at the top of the list happened at the convention that me and my dog had last night. yup its about time they paid for their crimes too. thank god some one is finally doing some thing about it

edit: its a shame you cant unstar and unflag some of these posts.
dont get me wrong im not saying all mine are great or intellegnet or even worth reading, but come on people grow up and get over it.

[edit on 15pmu82007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Zeta115

and what if jeffery dawmer was about to discover a cure for cancer before he was arrested?
what if given another two years, the nazis would have developed free energy?

some 'what if' questions are better left unasked.

there is no 'bigger picture' than truth and justice.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Here is a news article I'd like to see in the news one day
but I don't think I ever will. But it is a nice thought anyway

This would be my Christmas Present .... forever

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AP News Wire
Dec. 7, 2009

Title: President Repeals Patriot Act

The US President repealed both versions of the Patriot Act today
as both political parties scrambled to ascertain damage to their
voter base. A recent CNN Poll showed 78% of Americans were
dissatisfied with the Patriot Act while the majority of American
Voters were stunned to learn that they had been spied upon
illegally over the past seven years. The President also asked
congress to re-open the 9/11 investigation with a whopping
$50 Billion budget to work with and no time limits or constraints.
The Supreme Court meets tomorrow under a request from the
president to issue subpoenas to former President George W Bush,
Paul Wolfowitz, Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice and former
CIA Chief George Tenent among others including previous White
House Staff including 3 current armed forces generals.

All investigations will be utilized to conduct House Hearings into
possible criminal charges against those mentioned for crimes
including but not limited to: High Treason, Conspiracy to commit
murder (9/11 related), Criminal Malfeasance, Criminal Neglect,
Dereliction of duty, Obstruction of justice, Perjury amongst others.
The current president has stated that no stone would be left
unturned to seek justice in these matters. A current seated
Republican who would not go on record also stated the current
president is on a witch hunt. The president also stated that no
former government employee would be granted diplomatic
immunity from prosecution no matter what office they had held
prior to the congressional investigation. Also, he stated that the
excuse of "National Security" would not be used as a blind to
hide criminals.

Current CNN and Reuters’s Polls suggested that a whopping 82%
of the American Population approved of the intense measure
requested by the president. However, it was still unknown as to
whether Representatives from the US House and Senate approved
of the measure as nobody has stepped forward or has gone on the
record to state their personal responses. And it is highly unlikely they
will after most representatives have recieved millions of e-mails
requesting just such investigations. Voting no to the bill would be
political suicide. It appears as though the current president is trying
to implement a government cleansing process which sifts out the
corruption in the previous police state.

With a date of December 7, 2009, millions of Americans are calling this
the next day which will live in infamy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join