It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apologies, very sorry for a mistake.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hi,

Last night I posted a thread saying I thought ATS website was loading Tracking cookies and adware onto my PC.

I did not believe they were doing it knowingly, I thought maybe the people who buy ad space here were doing it when their ads load on each page. Since those ads are served from a remote server, I thought it could be very possible the owners of ATS have no idea.

But, I made a very bad mistake and just want to apologize for that post.

The source of the Tracking cookies and adware is coming from my Internet Providers home page.

Big mistake. Very, very sorry about that post. I got really freaked out and jumped the gun, since ATS is really the only website I have been visting.

Hope you can accept my sincere apologies.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

You are not the first and you won't be the last to wonder/worry about this. Skeptic Overlord has even addressed the issue in a Board thread, I'll see if I can find it.

We all jump the gun sometimes but takes character to admit when you are mistaken. I think it shows you are willing to look at the evidence and review or amend your position accordingly. What else can we ask for from an ATS member?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

I think it shows you are willing to look at the evidence and review or amend your position accordingly. What else can we ask for from an ATS member?

I do that at least a few times each day...

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Very good, mate. If only everyone else has the same strength of character you have in admitting that you could be wrong... there'd be a real chance for world peace

Like kosmicjack said, "what else can we ask from an ATS member?"
You have truly denied ignorance

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Good going. You need to be cloned for some of these threads. That is the true path to follow to Deny Ignorance.

I'll be proud to see you on the board.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
No problem. Next time, just take our advice

I kid, like everyone else said, at least you can admit to a mistake and do waht you feel is necessary to correct it. Im sure the Three Amigo's will be happy.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
No problem electro and thanks for the U2U.

Hope you get it all cleared up.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
no need to say sorry dude

this subject is always being discussed at ATS, including by the administration.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the apology....glad everything is resolved.

Closing Thread

top topics

join