It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy of Ron Paul?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Could it be that Ron Paul is working in favor of Hillary Clinton and the DNC?

Sound Crazy?

It appears that the likelihood of Paul getting the Republican Nomination is a faint hope at best.

My fault, your fault, the news media, whomever, it remains a fact.

So then, there is talk that he will run as an independent.

He has a strong Republican backing....

See where this is going..

He splits the Republican vote and assures Hillary her throne...

Scary stuff...

Semper

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I see what you're saying. Unfortunately I believe this is the same kind of scare tactic both parties like to use during the general elections. It's the same as the primaries, really. Don't vote for Ron Paul in the primaries because he doesn't have a shot anyway, so if you vote for him then you're basically throwing your vote away. People need to vote for who they want, to hell with who you think has a chance. We continuously compromise with the political system in this regard and we end up on the losing end of it all.

I've heard a great deal of interest in Ron Paul from unhappy Democrats as well as Republicans. There is a growing number of Independents out there who could potentially vote for him in a general election as well, including me.

I'd like to see him run in a third party.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Semperfortis I brought your logic right up until the idea of Ron running as an independent and splinting the Republican vote. Generally speaking Ron has the support of Libertarians and not supporters of the other two major party's there are expections(SP?) . It doesn't matter what flag Ron flies the majority of his supporters will be Libertarians and not Republicans. In the present day there are some major idealogical differences between Libertarians and Republicans.

And there is always the fact that Ron Paul fans make claims about his popularity on the likes of unscientific txt polls.

Thanks to the two party system you have to examine a politician stance rather then the party they stand for.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

In the present day there are some major idealogical differences between Libertarians and Republicans.

Is it not a statistical fact that a HUGE majority of Libertarians vote the Republican ticket in the general?

I believe that is true...

Thanks to the two party system you have to examine a politician stance rather then the party they stand for.

True for me, you and many that are ON HERE..

Tell me how many people just pull one lever or the other...????
(Well in modern day, push a button)

Many, MANY voters vote a straight ticket...

Semper

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Is it not a statistical fact that a HUGE majority of Libertarians vote the Republican ticket in the general?

Well the impression I get is that some Libertarian minded Republicans vote along Republican because they don't want to waste there vote. If you look at the direction the Republican party has gone since the days of Ike or Goldwater to where it is today you can see the idealogical differences that I am referring to.

Tell me how many people just pull one lever or the other...????
(Well in modern day, push a button)

Well we have a differnt political system in New Zealand but I would still have to say that the answer to that question id far to many people vote purely along party lines . I do think that Hillary will win the 08 election for better or worse.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Libertarian is an interesting mix.
a little Republican, a little Democrat.

Paul is a unique candidate in that he would take a little from both sides of the fence. If he were to run on a third party ticket.

Thats the beauty of his platform.
It's a winning platform.
One that is actually interested in the best interests of the WHOLE country.
Rather than just the red, or just the blue.

He could beat Hillary, based on this platform. That is if he could get his message across via Main stream media. Without being pegged as a "brothel lover" (thanks Fox, I hate you now).
Or as a non-entity, as in this recent CNN debate..2 hours, he got about 4 minutes of face time.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I was just about to write this post when the CNN Republican debate came on. Ron Paul indicated that he is not thinking about running as a third party candidate, and feels confident of winning the Republican nomination. But he would pretty much have to say that at this stage of the race.

I agree that Paul could potentially split the Republican vote. It's less likely that he would split the Democrats.

I have my doubts about Paul as a candidate, but he would have to be seriously conniving and a little nuts to run just because he wants to help H. Clinton get elected. Do you suspect him of being a closet Democrat (because of his stance on Iraq perhaps)?

Third party candidates can be very troublesome. Ralph Nader split the Dem. vote in 2000 and effectively lost the election for Gore. Then, again, Abraham Lincoln would never have been elected if there wasn't a third party. In spite of the potential drawbacks, I think it's good for America to have more than two candidates to choose from.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I think it's good for America to have more than two candidates to choose from.

In a perfect world, I agree 100%

However as things stand now, a tird party candidate has as much chance of winning as I do...

Even being possibly the "Best" 3rd party candidate ever, he would stand 0 chance...

Shame, but that is how it is..

Semper

new topics

top topics

join