It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun-Grabbers Crank Up Anti-Second Amendment Propaganda

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
" You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers ". Nice sentiments, but have no doubt that the ' people ' sent to do the prying will have lot's of experience and vastly superior power and can assure that if it comes to a ' push to shove ' reaction they will win and take your gun and throw it on the truck with all of your neighbors guns.

Think about it: Most Americans are law abiding people, now actually afraid and intimidated by authority and police instead of regarding them as servants to be watched with a close eye against unwarranted power. Most Americans, like those hardy souls in Louisiana who we all have seen the video's of, handing over their personal weapons when a crew of well armed and agressive soldiers/Blackwater goons/Police Officers, etc. etc..in other words any freak with a gun and badge who acts tough and makes demands..without a wimper.

Oh sure, they complained on film and are pissed off that they had their legal weapons taken..but notice that not in ONE case..NOT ONE..did the citizen refuse to surrender them and force a confrontation. If it is ILLEGAL to confiscate our weapons from a Constitutional viewpoint, leaving us without a @nd Amendment Right or any protection...then it would be a LEGAL act to refuse. Here is North Carolina there was a recent case where a guy fought off an arrest..refused to go..because two cops arrested him on the street for selling a ticket to a basketball game..he only wanted the face value and was not even trying to make a profit.

There is NO LAW against this activity in NC and the guy knew it..but the cops tried to arrest him for a law that did not exist..they were wrong, as it was proven later in Court when it was thrown out..AND the citizen was NOT found guilty of battering the officers and fighting them because the Court ruled that a CITIZEN HAS THE RIGHT TO RESIST UNLAWFUL ARRESTS AND ACTIONS AGAINST HIS PERSON. Cops cannot just abuse us and violate us and then all we can do is get a lawyer and try and get our stuff back later..uh uh..No way.

If a group of citizens were approached and trold to give up their guns and they refused, I believe that if a shootout occurred, the citizens would NOT be liable for defending themselves against an armed robbery of their guns. That is what it boils down to really: upon illegal orders some thugs come for your guns..they happen to carry shiny badges of various types..they are basically trying to rob you, since the orders they carry out are illegal. It has no more legal validity than if the orders were given by a crime boss. So you resist and keep your weapons at all costs.

It will be interesting to see how these things play out in the Courts over the years..It WILL happen, and soon I am sure. With more and more ' emergencies ' being declared and more excuses for gun confiscations to take place, sooner or later a bunch of guys are going to say NO. And then we will see if there are really orders to kill us to enforce the illegal orders, or if it is a bluff. When the citizens start saying NO, the die will be cast.

Personally, I think that the vast majority will give up their guns without a wimper..and they will gladly get on the frindly FEMA bus to go to the " Safety Zone ' when some terible thing happens..or is reported to have happened..see what I mean? Most people will go quiety and obey. But there is a remnent always that will refuse the orders to give up their rights and protections against enslavement and who prefer to die fighting rather than rocking in a chair made by prisoners on a porch in a camp. I know what I will do, do you?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

True. Im telling you, this gun issue was long ago said by many and nombody believed. Well check it out now it is actually happening. One of the many steps to a modern concentration camp because that is what is it. Like that implanted microchip that which's law they are trying to pass already. Get ready if the do. No only you will have no means to defende yourself, but you will also be under 24hour control, GPS tracking and all... mmmm that has of democracy what I have of alien.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I hate to see what happens if the Supreme Court rules that it is the right of the millitia and not the right of the individual. I think the Revolutionay and the Civil Wars will look like a Sunday Afternoon stroll through the park. There is no way the law abiding citizens who grew up with guns, who value their possessions, who follow the current gun laws are going to just voluntarily turn over their weapons without a fight. Too many good ole boys who still believe the Constitution means somethings. The Bill of Rights was written with the intent to protect the rights of individuals. I think instead of trying to pry the guns from our hands, they should make the criminals responsible for their actions. If they break into my home and I shoot them they can not sue, their family can not sue, and if they die OH WELL, you shouldn't have been trying to take something that didn't belong to you. Deal with the criminals and those that use hand guns illegally and the rest will fall into place the way it was intended.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Excellent posts, by some of the members who own guns. From my personal experience with Gun Owners, all of them know their rights. There is probably not one single Gun owner in this country that does not know his rights, but the sad truth is yes most of them will hand over their Guns, thinking that is the law.

But we need to start making posters, and flyer's and stuff to plaster on the towns, about our 2nd amendment to bear arms, so the general public knows that it is illegal to take away our arms, if we did nothing illegal.

I am going to start a new Thread in the BTS in the arts for members to start making posters to post around towns. More information will be provided.

This is the one thing I am really watching for to see what ultimately happens.

EDIT: added link to new thread.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by Harvestfreak]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

This is pretty interesting as far as the opposition of gun ownership. I'm sure this could go both ways, but I think the interview with the inmates is the most important part of the entire clip.

"When they kick at your front door, how you gonna' come? With your hands on your head or the trigger of your gun."

How did the English get it so right?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
They are not going to take our right to bear arms away. This has been debated and they have done this time and time again. Nothing to worry about on this matter. It would be impossible to confiscate all the weapons in the US from citizens. A bunch of talk and huff & puff.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

They are not going to take our right to bear arms away. This has been debated and they have done this time and time again. Nothing to worry about on this matter. It would be impossible to confiscate all the weapons in the US from citizens. A bunch of talk and huff & puff.

I would be kind of funny if they did try to take away our right to bear arms, because it is so easy to purchase illegal firearms. Yeah they could take my beretta, but I could go down the street and purchase an assault rifle.

A ban on gun ownership would create a lot of new criminals who were otherwise positive members of society.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

It is wonderfull to see patriots on the left waking to what patriots on the right have been saying for so long.

I feel strongly that our Second Amendment rights are not a left/right issue, but an individual rights issue.

A major factor in my dislike for the Democratic Party, who I otherwise often tend to agree with, is their enthusiastic embrace of gun control. With some notable exceptions like Howard Dean, the Democrats have been jumping on the gun control bandwagon with great enthusiasm.

It's one major reason they have such a hard time winning national elections - it's simply an electoral poison pill outside the major cities.

Just goes to show that authoritarianism and attacks on individual liberties are not solely a problem on the Right, the Left certainly has it's own paternalistic authoritarian streak...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I too believe the issue of gun control is a personal one, and a right our forefathers meant for each and every one of us to have, and with good reason.

When you take away guns from the citizens, only the criminals will have them. I don't intend to be left defenseless in an ever increasingly violent society.

But, at the same time, when we were given those "rights" in our constitution and bill of rights, we were also given responsibilities to go along with those rights. That is what some folks just don't seem to understand, or comprehend. To possess a firearm is one thing, but to know how to use it well and accurately, is entirely another. To know "when" to use it, another thing again. When one can aim their weapon accurately enough that they hit their intended target each and every time, and know when to use their weapon (in what situations), then you have assumed the responsibility that your rights entail, and were intended in the constitution and bill of rights. That is what is meant by a "well armed militia"-- that we each know how, when and where to use our weaponry, that it isn't enough just to own a weapon.

Gun Control? You bet I believe in it!! To me gun control is when you hit your intended target each and every time.

Peace!
KarmaGurl

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I'm a little concerned that the Supreme Court will rule in favor or firearm ownership and the Second Amendment and even that any state laws for permitting are unconstitutional and everything will be great then shortly thereafter things like the sea treaty and laws pertaining to the further unification of the North American Union will make it all moot and the multinational troops will go door to door and take them away anyway.

If the Constitution needs a ruling to back it up then a simple ruling at some other point in time can defeat it.

It's as plain as the moon in the sky. The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Hunting is the last thing the founding fathers had in mind.

Oh. OOHHHhhhhhh.
If any NAU soldier comes knocking on my door to confiscate my guns, I'll gladly give them some... starting with the ammo.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by mattifikation]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Today, Emperor Bush declared a new sword control law.

All citizens of the Empire must relinquish all their swords, spears and really big dangerous knives before entering the coloseum to see the latest competitions and carnage given to you by kind co-operation of the local Christians, lions, bulls and various other beasts and the omnipresent Emperor Bush.

Any citizens caught in the coloseum with concealed weapons will hereby be led to to the dungeons below and form part of the queue of people that will be fed to the lions.

All others who refuse to give up their weapons can join that Jesus guy on those cross things dotted along the roads that everyone loves to see... We know you do, as those guys up there are criminals ( some are even terrorists, caught trying to back stab Bush). It's true you know..

And yes, the definition of a knife includes the knife you use to cut up your Sunday roast or even peel your potatoes. So if you want to cut your meat up... umm.. go get a sharpened stick or something.

This order hereby signed by your Emperor,
G.W.Bush
with love and kisses

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
to clarify what the second amendment meant would you not turn to a comment defining what a writer of said constitution had to say concerning right to bear arms

"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize congress to prevent the people of the united States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams, a founding father of the republic

now wether the military and politico's are pressuring the supreme court that in the coming economic chaos, citizens with guns would infrine upon law enforcement's ability to maintain peace, well who knows what will happen...but maybe the supreme court will uphold it....i mean the top military and poltical brass (hypothetically speaking) would not be the one's going door to door to confiscate guns anyway

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is showing how it will be done in a slick manner. Global tax supported by Obama also included is the Ban on small weapons proposed by the U.N.

The 2nd Amendment has been beaten , kicked, stomped on yet we still have our guns. Will The 2nd amendment survive The corrupted courts/judges in washington?

I hope, as if they try to remove the 2nd amendment there will be a civil unrest in the USA.

www.prisonplanet.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join