It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge suspended for jailing court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Judge suspended for jailing court

news.bbc.co.uk

A US judge has been removed from the bench for jailing an entire courtroom audience after none of them admitted being responsible for a ringing phone.

Judge Robert Restaino was presiding over a domestic violence case in the city of Niagara Falls in March 2005.

A commission on judicial conduct said Judge Restaino had acted "without any semblance of a lawful basis" and behaved like a "petty tyrant".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I wonder if he is any relation to George W.?

There's going to be one heck of a huge legal case set up against this judge.. Yes, we all lose the plot from time to time, but perhpas he did just go a little too far..

Makes you wonder what happened to the people who were involved in the domestic violence case.

Court adjourned...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Don't you see that ringing a phone on a court room is an act of terrorism in this judge court as his personal interpretation of the patriot act.

I love it when the upholders of the law in this nation become tyrants and abusers.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I wonder how far the 14 who couldn't post bail were processed in the other jail they were moved to.

Yes that sure is going to be one hell of a big law suit for the state to put up with.

new topics

top topics

join