It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Counter surveillance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Against the government installing cameras everywhere : people should all walk around with cameras, and sound recorders on them.
And keep them in plain sight, and use them whenever they have to do business with the state.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
More surveillance to combat surveillance?
Please clarify.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
if u dont like the cameras u should go and live in a farm, or the country side.

that is what i am doing scaping from all the madness, i live in a beautiful country side, when there is a house like evry .5 kilometers and my privacy is respected.

people from the city are DOOMED!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
More surveillance to combat surveillance?
Please clarify.

I think I get what he means

They wont want you to use reocrding equipment whilst you deal with them but they can't say no because the use it to record us all day.

Problem is if you are on government property they can say no to you using it.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Recording in public is a sure fire way to get arrested and detained for questioning. The MAN is nervous what with the war on terror and all. You could be a pinko spy, and sent away. Really though, there is evidence of this kind of treatment. Be careful and have witnesses video taping you being detained.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yes- 1 camera =bad. Two or possibly three may well work better as if they try to do anything to the obvious camerman they will be seen by others.

But again this wouldn't work once you aree inside a government building.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Too bad we all can't carry around little personal EMP widgets that once lit off would fry everything electronic within a couple blocks radius. It would surely lead to a trial of some sorts of course, ah wishful thinking. . . Until they shield cameras from EMP. Guess I'll go microwave some popcorn.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

Shadow Watcher is right.
Somewhere here on ATS, (I apologize for not digging it up myself, but there is SO much info here) there is a thread about an FBI pamphlet that was to be handed out to local agents and apparently some police in the U.S. concerning domestic terrorism. It has been confirmed as being legit through many of those calling their local FBI office, though the feds weren't too happy about it landing in civilian hands. It has not been confirmed whether or not this was actually circulated, but it has been floating around for several years. Amongst the "warning signs" listed that could flag you as a domestic terrorsist, one listing says "Those who attempt to police the police." Meaning, those who would use video/surveillance on police, government agents, etc. They're already one step ahead of you. Advice: If you're going to use this tactic, use it covertly as possible. Pinhole and hidden cameras are at a point now where they're relatively affordable to the general public and can be found on numerous websites. Remember: They'll act much differently if they know they're being recorded.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I whipped out my smart phone and began video taping during my last traffic stop... The cop told me that what I was doing was illegal. I laughed at him and asked him if his taping me was legal and he stated "yes." I informed him that I was on public property in MY vehicle and that he would need to place me under arrest if he wanted to to cease the taping. See, the law states that as long as you're in public and there is no reason to expect privacy then taping or being taped is no crime.

Needless to say he was EXTREMELY polite and professional during the stop AND I received a speeding a ticket for doing 6 mph over the limit.

Double edged sword - perhaps if I had NOT taped him he may have let me off with a warning. However, I knew my rights as a citizen and demonstrated that to him and he didn't bother continuing with the ruse that what I was doing was "Illegal".

Keep in mind that cops will lie, cheat and steal to make their jobs easier and make you less likely to defend yourself in court. Know your rights and stand up for them ALL of the time.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Or how about forcing people to swallow the recording chip in their throat / stomach? Or make the news, as "Get chipped or else be jailed and shot". Or even better, perhaps forcing people to install small cameras into their eyes that incidates what they see?

Now that's the REAL police state and full control!

[edit on 30-11-2007 by TheoOne]

top topics

join