It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot's Colvin out for season

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
New England's premier OLB, Rosevelt Colvin, will not play for the remainder of the season due to a foot injury suffered in the 3rd quarter of Sunday's game against Philadelphia. The Pat's have activated Troy Brown and re-signed Chad Brown as a result. Shifting Adalius Thomas and Junior Seau around in the defensive backfield will also help make up for the loss of Colvin.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Well that's a bummer. Even though Colvin's a Pat (and I'm a Colts guy) and a Purdue grad (and I'm an Indiana U guy), I hate to see that. He's a great player and a great guy. And he's from Indy. I gotta support all my Indy homies.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It is a big blow. He was having a great season. He is out for the season and still nobody knows what his injury is. That is just the Patriot way. The major reason why the Pats didn't go to the superbowl last year was injuries to their linebackers. If you watch the second half of the Pats-Colts champship game. No one could cover Dallas Clark or the backs out of the backfield.

They are bringing in Chad Brown to replace him, but he pretty much just takes up space.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
they have the offense to out-gun anyone with or w/o colvin

it is sad when Junior Seau still has a starting spot on your team, he is the definition of a "Pile on tackler" you know the guy who loves to jump on a guy after two guys have already stopped his progress and are taking him to the ground. Seau rant over lol

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Hey but at 38 years old he's still pretty good.

Who knows.. maybe he'll get his ring this year.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I don't know when Colvin's big contract is up, but he has probably been the Pats' least valuable signing because he's so injury prone.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Losing Colven is big.

The Pats Rushing D is a little weak. And thier rushing offense is not the best yet.

That being said the offense still should score everytime it touchs the ball. But there will be a time in the playoffs when they will need to stop the run, and not having Colven out there is going to hurt them.

top topics

join