It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

supermouse bred by genetic scientists that CAN'T get cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

supermouse bred by genetic scientists that CAN'T get cancer

www.dailymail.co.uk

Mice resistant to cancer have been created in a breakthrough that could lead to a human treatment free of side-effects.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I was just browing some news sites today and I saw this. I don't know much about cancer or science or mice or anything but this caught my eye. Always nice to see a step forward in cancer research.

Anyways, thought some members might find this interesting.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Their have been alot of cancer breakthroughs throughout the last year.

But what is sad though is that we probably won't see any kind of prevention untill about 10 years down the road when they have done test after test and can get the pharmacists or doctors to sale it, alot of our drugs are treatment drugs these days and they make too much money off that.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Can anyone imagine the life expectancy for humans once we get Cancer under control? In one form or another, Cancer claims on the order of 96% of the population I believe. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm even under the impression that if one doesn't die from anything premature like car accidents or drug-related deaths, gunshots, or anything of that nature, then they will die of cancer. Is it correct to assume that Cancer is the new "Death by natural causes"?

TheBorg

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Ah... Cardiovascular diseases still claims the top spot for taking of human lives. Infectious disease is second. All form of Cancer combined places 3rd.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

I stand corrected. Thanks for the input. Being 3rd is still way too high up the chain, in my opinion.

TheBorg

new topics

top topics

join