It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media limiting presidential debate questions about UFOs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
CNN-YouTube Debate Producer Doubts the Wisdom of the Crowd

Originally posted by Wired.com
For all the talk about online voter empowerment, the web is still too immature a medium to set an agenda for a national debate, says CNN senior vice president David Bohrman.

"If you would have taken the most-viewed questions last time, the top question would have been whether Arnold Schwarzenegger was a cyborg sent to save the planet Earth," says Bohrman, the debate's executive producer."The second-most-viewed video question was: Will you a convene a national meeting on UFOs?"

www.wired.com...

The media is a big impediment to disclosure. Notice the subtle implication the topic of UFOs at a Presidential debate is equivalent to some tabloid garbage about Schwarzenegger being a cyborg.

We need this type of question asked in the national debate. Clearly the public thinks it's a valid question. What can we do to influence people like this executive to allow these questions to be asked ? So much for being a country of, by, and for the people.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by Schaden]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Damn shame. But, if it is true that the subject of UFOs was the second most asked question, then that either shows that lots of people are interested in it, or that a bunch of conspiracy theorists flooded their questions...

"The web is still too immature." That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard...

[edit on 28-11-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

I'd like Bohrman to back up his statement with statistics on web hits or whatever. I doubt there is any where near the same amount of interest in Ahnold as UFO's.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

Seriously........this is silly. With the state of the world and the United States alone, don't you think there are more pressing issues to be questioned?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
Seriously........this is silly. With the state of the world and the United States alone, don't you think there are more pressing issues to be questioned?

State of the world = poverty and war caused by greed, money and oil dependence.

Don't you think that IF it is true (and I'm not stating it is) that the government could provide 'free' or at least very cheap energy, then we could eliminate oil dependence within a year? The snowball effect would be profound.

I'd say that it is one of the most pressing issues there is, assuming that we are being kept in the dark with regards to what the government knows and isn't telling us.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Ok, so if the powers that be admitt to there being aliens / ufo's, how does this have anything to do with free energy? Nothing in life is free, and I mean nothing!

It's a beautiful thought that free energy would suddenly transform the world, but I disagree. There's always a trade off. So if oil becomes worthless I can almost guarantee you that this free energy you speak of would suddenly have a price tag!

top topics

join