It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have all said "Why Me"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hey UFO Buffs, I am new here and this is my first time thread but earlier I posted this response to Don Wahn's "Sun setting in the East" article but I think it deserves more attention as a headliner and please dont hold back, give it to me, ok.

It was 1976 and I was returning to Florida from seeing my mom in the hospital in WVa., it was late at night probably around 11pm, a strange occurrance happened to me while driving back along the Alabama/Tennessee state line driving due south on the interstate highway I-65.

What occurred was that an extremely bright Blue/White light which reminded me of a Gigantic locomotive train light appeared just behind me about 50yds quite suddenly and it seemed like it followed me at the same pace I was driving around 60 mph and its movement was so strange
(no movement just pacing me) I kept noticing that it didn’t fluxuate with the contour of the road and I took notice also there was no sound as if a helicopter, it just didn't make sense to me.

This Bright Blue/White light lit up the entire interior of the car and it was so hard to try and concentrate on looking at the dash board meters because of the reflection of the light and as I said I couldn't move my head from side to side, so I had to just look in the forward direction.

This light was like florescent light and not incandescent light and I noticed it with a light pale image of a light blue tint imbedded in the white light. I got the feeling at one moment in time that I could have taken my hands off the steering wheel and my feet off the gas pedal and let the car drive itself and keep in mind I didn' t have cruise control, but I couldn't.

I wanted to alert my wife who was sleeping beside me in the car, but as I said, I felt controlled as if in a trance or some hypnotic mind control, so I kept my head straight ahead or forced, whatever, I even tried to take my foot off of the accelerator, my thoughts were to wake my wife but the only thing I could do was use my eyes to look in the forward direction and glance as well at the rear view mirror from time to time or maybe most of the time to keep track of its movements or was this what I was supposed to do, who knows, last of all I also noticed my palms were sweaty on the steering wheel but I couldn’t take them off to wipe them.

It seemed like for hours this occurrence was happening or maybe time was standing still or whatever I don’t really know, but in real time maybe about an hour went by. I took notice as well, there were no cars in either direction the total time this event was occurring and remember this is an Interstate highway system, nothing seemed to be happening, such a sureal moment in time, how did it go away well, Poof the light was gone is the only explanation I can come up with.

After it was gone, I was able to make body movements and the first thing I did was move my head, then wiped my hands off, then, stopped the car on the side of the road got out and looked all around front and back then up into the night sky, this stopping of the car caused my wife to wake and you can only imagine what she thought and said when I told her of this occurrance, finally I noticed life on the road with cars and trucks and back to the now time zone, the cars drove past in both directions, so tell me did my time stop or what, now doesn’t this event seem strange to you, but anyway the years have passed and from time to time I find myself thinking for no reason back to those memories and I ask myself, why me?
gwhint

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
There is an area here in Liverpool which quite a few people have recorded time slips, off the top of my head i know of 4, it occurs in an area of liverpool called Bold Street a little girl once was lost after she was found she told a story of being taken into a church by an old man there was a full service going on and she said all the people where dressed in olden days clothes, she was returned to her mother by an old lady who vanished into the building in question thing is the church is a memorial from ww2 its all bombed out and preserved no way in,

there are reports of people near the church finding themselves in the 1960's and 70's some for hours and when they return to where it happened they are back to present day.

all of these things are recorded by a local writer called tom slemen

www.slemen.com

if you do some research on his work you will find the events im talking about.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Thanks for your response azzllin and yes I am going to look into your story, its really fascinating and now that I have started adding my 2 cents to ATS, I feel like I am just tiny piece of the bigger puzzle in the bigger picture, just like ATS says of getting to the truth, there are so many of you guys on this site its mind boggling and we are being drawn to this site or gathering because of so many different walks of life people with amazing thoughts, I feel lucky to have the chance to be on the same page, thanks all, gwhint

join