It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New US Military Technology - the Exoskeleton

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
even using fibre optics there would still be a metal cable based system to generate the light. No doubt the US military will want to merge the exoskeleton ino its digital link system which allows all parts of the force to interact, locate and communicate with each other, this would require a transmitter and reciever which cannot be sheilded and there fore create a pathway for an EMP to take into the suits workings. :/

Yes, that is what a "metallic casing" is designed for.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

Yea but the metallic casing would still interfere with the radio signals.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Didn't see this version in the thread and the OP link no longer works

Robotic Exoskeleton turns grunts into Super Soldiers

Real Life Halo Full Exoskeleton Body Armor Suit

[edit on 8-12-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
so yeah nanotechnology exsited me. i'm all wet with my nanobots. it's tickling me inside or wait was that a nanobot? my exoskeleton is starting to short circut. i'm scared to get electricuted. if my nanobots get electrified i don't think i would be able to control myself. hahaha

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

I fail to understand your logic. There are hundreds of formerly "classified" and other exclusively military technologies that were developed or initially funded for the military, and have long since been adopted for civilian use whereby the technologies spill over and down into the private sector from which we all benefit.

Many new medical technologies were initially determined and developed by the military. Even the simple concept of triage was a military development, now used by medical personnel when tragedies create multiple injured people.

This technology is limited right now by the power supply. That too, has been solved, but is not widely known. In the decades to follow, man can take with him all the unlimited power he requires, anywhere in the universe.

I guarantee you, at some point in your day today, you will unknowingly use technology initially funded or discovered by the military.

This too, will later enable man to go places and do things he could not possibly experience or accomplish without this technology.

I think you've watched too many Terminator movies.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Here is a link from Wired featuring raw footage that hasn't been editted like the others
video.wired.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
I guarantee you, at some point in your day today, you will unknowingly use technology initially funded or discovered by the military.

Hehehe That would be the INTERNET Originally developed by DARPA

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join