It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New US Military Technology - the Exoskeleton

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
How much will it coast, for lets say 500k soilders?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tonka

Originally posted by West Coast

You really need to take this on board westcoast, THE NEXT WAR WILL BE THE LAST WAR CAUSE NOBODY WILL WIN AND NOBODY WILL BE LEFT.
Get the point?

Perhaps in the land of unicorns and puffy white clouds....

Albert Einstein once stated and I quote,

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."

The only thoery that can be related to unicorns and puffy white clouds is your so called Missile Defense System.

Im well aware of what albert einstein said. but the fact that you almost insist that war will somehow stop in the future, is rather ignorant. War will exist for as long as humans inhabit this planet.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

West Coast
Infact, the US was the one who invented stealth, and is the only nation able to employ stealth craft in large quantity's. I can play this tic for tac all night

West coast your more or less implying that I'm somehow jealous of American military hardware. Personally I couldn't careless. I thnk the money could be better spent on something more practical & useful that actually benefits humanity. I personally don't understand why you make such a big deal about stealth anyway. It will soon be obsolete, if it isn't already.

Stealth will soon be obsolete? You say that as if you know it to be a matter of fact...

Either way, your wrong. Stealth is here to stay.

Are your sure you even invented stealth. Ben Rich, once head of Lockheed Martin (Skunkworks) seems to think otherwise. He states that the technology was handed to you.

Wrong. The F117 was the first stealth aircraft invented. It wasnt anything spectacular. Its unique shape is primitive stealth tech at its best. To bounce off incoming radar signals. It also has a unique paint job that actually absorbs incoming radar signals (like the B2).

There is nothing totally spectacular, or anything other worldly, about that.

Ben Rich, former head engineer to Kelly Johnson at Lockheed's 'Skunk Works' :"We have things in the Nevada desert that you and the best minds in the world won't even be able to conceive that we have for 30 or 40 years, and won't be made public for another 50.

Back engineered Alien Technology.
www.earthfiles.com...

British back engineered Alien technology
journals.aol.co.uk...

H.A.L.O British stealth fighter, but generations more advanced.
findarticles.com...

Im not sure what to make of the above babble. In order for it to be "generations more advanced" wouldnt there have to be a first generation etc? (thats in regards to britians stealth fighters, which is currently a big fat 0)

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Do you honestly think that we will have an army of droids that we will use against our allies? Also I think we are way off from a total autonomous droid army...We still need individual controllers for uavs and such...If anything it will be great because less lives will be lost due to the robots taking the place of soldiers...

Now back on topic...I for one have had to move ammunition like that in the video...much heavier ammunition like several hundred 70 lb rounds of 5inch shells...Thats quite a work out and would be nothing in that suit...Not to mention much safer cause you wouldnt be tired and drop one by mistake...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

Now, who wants to have a superpower on the planet that has a robotic army at its diposal? If Britian doesn't like our proposal ... send in the droids. Don't want to ship the amount of oil we ordered ... send in the droids. Civic uprising ... send in the droids.

The outlook for a future Free America is bleak — at best.

I agree. Point in case, all the American citizens pointing in 'awe' at the militaries technology and saying 'gee isn't that neat? That is so high-tech! They should use it for ___ or ____".

It denotes a special kind of naivety for people to brag about their countries ability to rule with weapons. They don't realize that a superforce of robotic policemen can also kill or imprison the average citizen without any possible resistance. But no... our government would never do that. It's just 'neat' technology to be used against those dirty foreigners...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
As soon as I read this thread I knew it would degenerate into a Americans are better than everyone.....no else does it but the yanks.

IF the Americans are sooooooooooooooo good at technology then tell me something I can buy thats American ? A car, a camera, anything. The states gave up years ago because they were totally out done by teh Asians, now the can only stay close by pouring billions in and scorn upon.

I can not believe someone even put up images of drones, ooooooh, an RC plane with guns and video ??! Ohhh a remote control bomb disposal unit with another gun...ohhhhh!

America WAS great, now they just have guns and attitude.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas
As soon as I read this thread I knew it would degenerate into a Americans are better than everyone.....no else does it but the yanks.

I could care-a-less what you think, but we did not start it, some ill informed people did.

IF the Americans are sooooooooooooooo good at technology then tell me something I can buy thats American ?

I am not sure exactly what it is you are trying to imply (it is a pointless question) with the above quote. But If I am reading it right, third world China must be leading the world in the technological "scene".

A car, a camera, anything. The states gave up years ago because they were totally out done by teh Asians, now the can only stay close by pouring billions in and scorn upon.

Because cars, cameras, (and a lack of better depth analysis on your part) make up the world scientific community, and is the ONLY way to judge technological supremacy amongst nations.

I can not believe someone even put up images of drones, ooooooh, an RC plane with guns and video ??! Ohhh a remote control bomb disposal unit with another gun...ohhhhh!

It is all a form of AI, and is probably the most advanced out there in terms of "getting the job done".

America WAS great, now they just have guns and attitude.

So this is what happens when ill informed children have access to a computer.

Strike a nerve did I?

The US is the worlds leader when it comes to technology. That is a matter of fact. By the way, look at these official statistics on scientific research. The US beats EVERYONE in research expenditures as well as number of researchers/scientist. Perhaps you can provide source validation that supports your uncorroborated claims?

[edit on 17-2-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
In any event, children, it's unlikely this suit will ever see regular use. War is a game of the low-tech. The "leader" is one who has the most hi-tech of the low-tech, so to speak.
Let me explain. In ancient times, they had hi-tech toy's too. The war elephant, siege tower, ballista, etc. And they were always plauged with problems. At best, these "hi-tech" weapons only saw very special use when everything else failed. It was always more trouble than it was worth. things like active camo, powered armor, etc., are fun and all. But war will always be fought with the averge grunt fighting with what he can carry himself and what will be able to work even when it's 100% (like the grunt). An exo-suit only works if ALL its parts are working, not half.
A better way to spend money is make a gun as reliable as the AK-47, and can shoot as straight as the m-16 in 3-6 round burst, or full auto.

(no one needs to post on either the m-16 or Ak-47, there is a different thread already for that, thank you)

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bossman

Times are a changing.

Google Video Link

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I like the video. Now, aircraft and vehicles are one thing, the averge grunt is still another. I'm not saying that those things won't improve. However, the objective is not won until the humans walk in and secure it. Most vehicle's, no matter how hi-tech they are can be brought down by the most simple things. IED's have proven themselves since Vietnam. And as far as the human element goes, my point hasn't changed; if it can't work when not at 100%, it doesn't belong on the battlefield. Not to mention, who knows what nano-bots would do to the human body if they malfunctioned. Maybe someday, but not until that tech is old news and not the most hi-tech gadget on the block.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
IF the Americans are sooooooooooooooo good at technology then tell me something I can buy thats American ? A car, a camera, anything. The states gave up years ago because they were totally out done by teh Asians, now the can only stay close by pouring billions in and scorn upon.

I sure hope that by Asians you mean Japanese, because as far as I know all other Asians sell only what's been researched by either Japan or the US.

In other words: Made in China doens't mean Researched in China.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I have a thought ( crowd groans ), wouldn't a close face helmet be bad on the battlefield? I mean, the a fight, most comunication is done by shouting. A closed face helmet would make that very tough. And if not, why don't we see more of it. Don't get me wrong, I think its cool, like if we had something like those face-masks on Army of Two. But close-faced masks and helmets haven't been in regular use since the mounted knight.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bossman

But if you could communicate by radio and laser like special forces and SWAT teams do, you could have a closed helmet and faceplace because no one would need to shout.

With a stepson the army. I would love to see something like this adopted soon.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Would it be a open line, or would you need to press a button? Also, how would communicate with those who don't have one? Like I said before, if I say some one with a Army of two style face-mask, I would sign up no question's asked
. But there has to be a reason why it's not used now

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bossman

Would it be a open line, or would you need to press a button?

It's speculative at this point. The suit you see now will more then likely look different once it becomes a concept. They do however have pictures of the FFW that shows him with his visor up.

Also, how would communicate with those who don't have one?

This is partly a problem when it comes to US Allys. Britain, as well as Australia have both expressed concern in regards to being able to effectively fight aside by US forces.

This, however, shouldn't be a problem for US integrated forces.

Like I said before, if I say some one with a Army of two style face-mask, I would sign up no question's asked
. But there has to be a reason why it's not used now

The technology isn't quite there yet. But we're getting there.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I just remembered, in the Navy, our Fire Fighting face-mask's had sound powered voice-boxes. It's not a new tech. We have had those for decades. The ship's themselves used sound-powered phones. Again, not new. The louder you talked, the louder it sounded. We could use that. And, it's almost impossible to break. But where is the fun that
Couldn't be used in place of radio, though. You need a cable. Oh yeah, might need an amplifier for a battlefield situation.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by bossman]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Is it true that there are armor piercing sniper rounds that can penetrate an m-1 tank. I heard it somewhere before. It would render the suit obsolete before it is ever deployed. As for those asian hoardes we have the ultimate weapon already in use (marlboros). no offense meant.
I think the exoskeleton concept is very cool and worth persuing.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spongebob
Is it true that there are armor piercing sniper rounds that can penetrate an m-1 tank. I heard it somewhere before. It would render the suit obsolete before it is ever deployed. As for those asian hoardes we have the ultimate weapon already in use (marlboros). no offense meant.
I think the exoskeleton concept is very cool and worth persuing.

I very much so doubt that. Regardless, with laser advancements such as the "laser crazer" would render opposing snipers obsolete.

Whoever has the laser crazer owns the night. Any night-vision device used by the enemy -- light intensifiers, thermal imagers or infrared scopes -- could be swiftly nullified. And crews of enemy armored vehicles might find that their only way of seeing out is to open a hatch and expose themselves to fire.

The crazer could also be slaved to existing military devices that can precisely locate any lenses pointed in their direction using a technique called retro-reflection. That would make it an instant sniper-blinding tool. In the future, a laser crazer could even blind laser-guided or heat-seeking missiles in flight.
www.wired.com...

It is all apart of the sleeker, integrated, hi-tech force, the pentagon is working on.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

I very much so doubt that. Regardless, with laser advancements such as the "laser crazer" would render opposing snipers obsolete.

Wow, yet another incredible example of American high technology. I wonder if anybody still remembers greed, subcontracting (farming out) and so forth.

PAPV Counter-Optical System
Portable Laser Countermeasure
Nudelman Precision Engineering

www.defense-update.com...

Take a guess how long that thing has been around, and instead of asinine acoustic locators, this thing is actually able to engage and “disable” targets before they can strike, and the system proved just that in various combat “situations”.

Doesn’t everything just look incredible until people stop gobbling up propaganda and do their own research?

The system operates at ranges from 300 to 1,500 meters.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join