It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe is...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Anyone interested in a mystic/occult explanation should check out the Kybalion, amazing stuff and its online for free, google.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

sri oracle-----i am not sure if you are quoting einstein saying it took him a day to ponder what is the universe ? or if you're saying it took you a day to ?speaking from a theological perspective of 40 years of searching for the reason myself and still not totally understanding---i think even though einstein believed/said G-D was the Creator of the universe but was not concerned or involved with us on a personal level------------he was wrong in this regards---------------G-D is concerned about us and does nothing for no good reason.the universe was created to be the home/s of living creatures-----------G-D loves life and variety and animals and humans--------and is allowing us time to find out by experiencing our own weaknesses/limitations(we have minds that can grasp the concept of eternity but bodies that only last roughly 70 years) that we need Them---want Them involved in our lives-------like parents want their kids to love them!

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
filling the space with originality and creativity
no two things are the same

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Understanding the universe means understanding the truth and:

The truth is infinite: you can never find it in it's wholeness:
You always find one puzzlepiece at a time. The pieces are worn out(incomplete) and botched up with lies. Finding the picture, means analysing and possibly correcting piece for piece and fitting them into the picture. You'll never find an edge of the picture and everytime you put one answer in the picture you'll get (at least) 3 new questions!
Samuel 2006

IMO, life is a game and earth is our server / game 'arena'.(s. below for full quote) the Universe must then be the context of the game:
the laws (of physik, chemistry etc. but possibly also of astrology and magick etc. that, excitingly enough, may or may not affect us), the scenery that allows us not to feal caged in, but also the possibility of 'AddOns' to the game, if and when we manage to leave our main game area and travel to other worlds.

The Universe probably holds many other worlds and a great new game feature might one day be meeting up with other gamers...

Just a few interesting and more or less spontaneous thoughts at 5 in the morning.

Samuel

p.s.

Life is a game.
Planet Earth the server.
Your body is your avatar.
There are different ways to 'level', some are right, none are wrong.
The difficulties are getting enough money for your basic needs and having the patience to skill your professions.
But as an old gamer said:
RL (Reallife) is the game you play when the PC is off:
The graphic is cool but the story is crap!

The player can alter the story:

You are the Player!
Have fun and good luck!
Samuel 2007

[edit on 29-11-2007 by Aldolas]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
If the universe is infinite, it means the number of dimensions in the super string theory are also infinite, we are just in one dimension of the super string theory, thus the fact that planet earth existed at such and such a point in time in our dimension, will remain infinite never to be erased in all future universes and dimensions to come.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
For those interested theres a great book called Reverse Time Travel written by Barry Chapman, the super string theory is well explained in that book, I guess the ufos travel back in time, its the only way possible inorder to avoid the time dilation problem when going faster than light, I wonder if they can jump from one universe, or dimension to another within the super strings, bye the way, great thread, ill probabally think about it for a week or two.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The Universe eh? hmm... I guess I got a few answers. (Some serious but most jokes)

The Universe is Big
The Universe is Small
The Universe is Large
The Universe is Right here
The Universe is Over there Chuck
The Universe is property of Pepsi
property of The United States of America and any copies made without prior consent shall result in a minimum fine of $10,000 (CAD) and up to a maximum of 10 years, 2 weeks and twenty eight minutes of imprisonment.
The Universe is something people overthink too much
The Universe is within itself
The Universe is perfect
The Universe is at your finger tips (not the keyboard)
The Universe is pretty #in cool eh?
The Universe is is an episode of T.V.
The Universe is one of the crappiest reality tv shows for a larger race of aliens
The Universe is older then time itself
The Universe is is seven letters longs
The Universe is a grain of sand, in the litter box that is our lifes
The Universe is NUMBER ONE!! NUMBER ONE!! NUMBER ONE!! (In your FACE USA)
The Universe is the begining, the middle and the end
The Universe is a collection of various gasses and chemicals from Einstein's ass
The Universe is a rip off of Age of Empires 2 (the original one, not the expansion pack)
The Universe is the matrix
The Universe is flawed
The Universe is both flawed and perfect at the same moment
The Universe is an extension of one's own mind
The Universe is unattainable
The Universe is a dream
The Universe is a nightmare from which one can not escape
The Universe is is eight letters long
The Universe is conservative right wing propaganda

And a fitting end...

The Universe is Infinite

jwater88 - The universe is the white part
pepsi78 - That doesn't sound that crazy, anything used as an intro for the simpsons can not be crazy (Except evolution, that's just preposterous)

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The Universe is beyond our ability to understand or define. It is only our Delusions of Grandeur that convince us we could ever begin to understand it in our present form.

Everything we believe now will be proven wrong as will everything we believe in the future. Infinity can not be defined by finite beings. We matter even less than a flea on a Dog. Our Evolution is as insignificant to the Universe as will be our demise.

Now I have a headache

If you truly believe what you said then your reality will be that and you will never be able to understand the Multiverse.

The only limitations we have are those we impose on ourselves.

The Multiverse is knowable because it wants us to know it and experience it. We are like the neural receptors of the Multiverse, of God, and we experience It so it can know it self.

Don't limit your self.

-Euclid

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
I have a question.
What might the universe look like, if I had an eyeball as big as say, a large galaxy?

It would look like a hyperdimensional E8. You wouldn't need an eye the size of a galaxy..... just a small place to draw a multi-dimensional representation of E8.

I have some software that can do it..... if I have the time I'll make it and post it here.... it will only be 3 dimensional but it would be as good an analog as we can see in our temporal reality.

-Euclid

[edit on 4-12-2007 by euclid]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Here's a link that I feel somewhat demonstrates my idea of the universe.

It has a slide by slide zoom of our galaxy all the way down to the quarks that make up the molecules that make up an oak tree.

I think there are an infinite number of universes that actually make up our universe and vice versa.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The YOUniverse just is.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Without writing a huge book sized explaination and using big words that most of us probably dont know the meanings of, I will attempt to explain the Universe as I (...whatever I am), knows it.

What we concieve of as our universe is much more dynamic and perplexing than IMO most of the scientific community even realizes. I'm just going to jump right in and start at what I call "infinite smallness/infinate largeness". Lets use our minds-eye to visualize ourselves at the size to where an atoms proton is roughly the size of a basketball. Now, lets go even further and visualize the makeup of this proton as being made of trillions and trillions of smaller atoms...( trillion really isnt even a big enough number for this but it will do for now)..... Now, loop this process over and over in your mind a few trillion times and then imagine the spaces between the atoms as vast expances of space with trillions of galaxies.. eventually you can find the Milky Way, our Solar system.. then Earth... and ultimately... you!

You see... there is no end and ultimately you will always arrive back to the start of the process.. Now it gets ALOT deeper than this simple explaination but the keys to time travel, traveling across vast distances are all here. I am not even sure if I could even explain what "I" know about the universe.

Maybe I do need to write a book... *shrug*

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by these trees
filling the space with originality and creativity
no two things are the same

Then you must be saying that everything is the same because you state that nothing is the same. If it was all different then in that regard that is exactly what it would share in common, differences. At some level everything is the same even if it's different. Similarity can not be escaped.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Emptiness is infact form when we forget the self. There's nothing in the universe other than ourself. Nothing to compare, name, or identify. When it's the only thing there is, how can we talk about it?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
We dont know what the universe is because we have nothing to compare it to.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
What do you really know?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The Universe is...

Defined in the Urantia Book.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The universe is,
non linear.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberbabe
Who says your Universe is the same as Mine?
Maybe there is no One answer.?

AMEN.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
the universe is a product of perception. ?

?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join