It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lily Wave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Recently, me and professor were talking about brainwaves and we got onto the topic of electrical waves. well, he said there is an electrical wave called the lily wave. he told me there is little known information except, that it is an used electrical wave. i was wondering if anyone knows anything about this wave and where to find info about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You can use google to find anything related to it.

Doesn't satellite, cell phones, radios, etc. use the electrical waves?

So...

[edit on 27-11-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
yeah, i tried to google it, but nothing comes up relevant to it, except for this thread. i know radios use radio waves. for the other things, i'm about 90% that they don't use electric waves.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by jbell1011]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jbell1011

It may refer to a physicist called Lilly or Lilley or something like that.
Or perhaps it only sounded like "li(l)ly", but it was something similar?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
P.S.

Ah yes, here is something:

"Lilly wave pulses is a type of electrical wave form which can be applied chronically for several months without causing detectable injury and significant ..."

That's all I could get, because the rest of the article is for subscribers only.
But you can take it from here...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
this is dr lilly.
www.ace.to...

your professor would have known more about the lilly wave than he is letting on.

He was the first to map the brain of chimpanzees, in the process inventing the "Lilly Wave": an electrical pulse that could be used to stimulate the chimp's brain without any damage. He also developed the twenty-five channel EEG moving relief maps of the electrical activity in the brain and dynamic iconic displays for researching pulse shapes and electrodes. His brain mapping with acoustic, motor, and travelling waves predated today's state of the art by fifty years. His research in electronic brain stimulation, dreams, schizophrenia, and the neurophysiology of motivation - involving the identification of punishment and reward systems -- were published in a number of psychiatric journals.

in other words the lilly wave can stimulate different parts of the brain,thus controlling it to some extent.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
thanks for the great info. vanitas, could you give me the website of where you found the article.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbell1011
thanks for the great info. vanitas, could you give me the website of where you found the article.

Sorry for being so tardy... ; )
I just googled "lilly waves". I was the third or fourth "hit" - although there were more, I just didn't check.

P.S. Here it is:
(copied from the Google search - the URL is at the bottom)

Seizure : Opioid receptor binding in parahippocampus of patients ...
Lilly wave pulses is a type of electrical wave form which can be applied chronically for several months without causing detectable injury and significant ...
linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S1059131107001021 - Similar pages

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Vanitas]

new topics

top topics

join