It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Manned mission to Mars!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
So John if you had to answer the question why do they keep it a secret (41 years and counting) in a couple of paragraphs, what would the answer (in your opinion) be?

I'm with you 100% on the secrecy and we the sheeple etc, it's just I don't get the benefits they receive from keeping the secret. Unless they are not us and we are being looked after and freedom is a myth.

Head is starting to hurt again.

Thanks for the reply in advance.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
A mission to Mars is the only direction to go. We explored all the continents on Earth and now it's time to pioneer again.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The benefits outweight the costs from what I see.

Someone has to be employed to build the hardware, write the software etc.
A lot of that money comes back to the gov't as taxes.

Think too about a lot of the modern things we enjoy today that are derived from space-age technology.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As far as what it costs to keep the armed services in Iraq for a day, a week or longer . . . it's not a whole lot more than keeping the armed services going here in the states.

We are using up ammunition of many types, there are fuel costs getting over and back, but in the end it's not a whole lot more than paying the armed services to train and stand ready here in the states.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
Sense of adventure? I'm sorry, but I don't see the point. I'm not going to Mars am I?

But if man did go to mars, with the Hi-def technology available you could sit in your living room and take the trip without any personl risk. I for one, would love to be able to do that. Just imagine, a whole new world to discover ...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think its a play for a higher morale, an attempt to raise peoples spirits, and patriotism.
Nonetheless, I'm pretty excited about it, so I guess their plan worked on me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join