It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last week I saw the Sun set in the East...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

You are so right! Based on previous postings, I know we live in the same area. I can totally confirm what you have stated - I have seen that too.

I'm an avid bird-watcher and so, therefore, a sky-watcher. I'm also a naked-eye, wannabe-astronomer and I try to follow in the newspaper as to where things are supposed to be in the sky and when. It is not the same anymore!

I do not care what anyone says, no argument will convince me otherwise - I completely believe Don Wahn's story. I have witnessed similar phenomenon.

My husband and I have been commenting for about eight months to a year on how things are completely different than when we moved to this area eight years ago.

I have mentioned this in related threads. I have compared solar and lunar positions on different days, at the same time - totally different orientations.

Since this thread is in Skunk Works I think that there should at least be serious consideration that the claims are true and a serious effort to determine the reason.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Don Wahn

This may not have relevance, but, I have noticed sun sets that were more brilliant recently with deeper violet and red colors. It also appears to cover a wider range, ie. West to East and Northwest. I thought, perhaps it was refraction and or diffraction. Not really sure what it all means.

In the last several years I have noticed an increase in the appearance of the moon West in the morning sky and wondered if it was due to the wobble of the earth.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I have been noticing this for quite some time and it is good that others are beginning to see it too..... but it is also not good because it probably means that the earth is being affected by the gravitational field of the galactic plane and Keepers link to the science that shows how the spin of earth is changing is good supporting data for it.

When we reach the apex of the galactic plane and earth is well inside it there will be real big problems (i.e. cataclysm of biblical proportions).

-Euclid

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I agree with Kosmic, we are pretty much in the same position however I am not studied enough to give anywhere near an educated guess of what is going on. I think a new thread should be started maybe on the fragile earth forum or ?? to get some educated hypothesis on this subject. Something is different with the sun and moon, the reason I know it's different is because it has caught my attention if everything was the same I would not notice. Get it?

I have mentioned SEVERAL times since October that the sun seems to have dimmed in my area (Southeast) from sunrise to sunset it always looks like the 3pm Sun, it always feels like late afternoon. I understand the sun changes by seasons but THIS IS DIFFERENT, I have noticed a significant dimming of the sun since October. Like I said above, it stands out enough for me to notice and it takes a lot to get me to notice something.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

The sun also has been much brighter and more whiter than usual.

This topic must be important because today I received a wierd email calling me "Astronomer Esther". This has happened on other topics as well and once someone crashed my computer because of a post. It seems that truth subjects and true observations are somewhat "taboo" on this web site.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrussRob
Since this was not an international phenomenon and people didn't go nuts about it

People in general aren't that aware of their surroundings. Native peoples would have noticed it, but they don't communicate that readily with the western world.

I have noticed such events too Don Wahn. The sun and moon have been in weird positions for this time of year. Something is up.

Pay attention every day to the position of the sun, moon, stars, and planets. You will notice a discontinuity from years past.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
In addition to the whole topic of conversation, I have also noticed starts being in different places every night, as well as the moon.

But aside from that, I had another experience where both my fiancee and I both whitnesses the same kind of event again last Friday. We were driving home from a pre-xmas celebration when we saw the same ominous looking rays coming from the horizon over the Northeast. This occurance was far more pronounced and bright than the initial sighting I had. There is something that is semi-eerie about this. The rays looked about twice as bright. There had to be hundreds of other people that saw this but unfortunately, none of them probably thought anything of it.

Are there changes on the horizon? Are we all going to be legend soon?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn

Are there changes on the horizon? Are we all going to be legend soon?

Oh. yes, change is a comin... Don't fear though..
Tomorrow is a brighter day.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Maybe it was a Sun dog Dohn Wahn.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Source

[edit on 12/4/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Can't say I have ever seen one.

It's beautiful though.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I haven't seen a real one yet myself but would like to. They do look pretty nice and would freak you out if you didn't know about them. Don't know if this is what Don saw though.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Odd, but, today while I was responding to another post, I came across an ancient Babylonian map 6 century BC which included some text that has survived. The exerpt below is intriguing and caused me to wonder as to whether the earth is returning to a previous state as opposed to entering a new one. Only in the Bible had I ever heard mentioned a land of darkness and always thought of it as being Alaska where it is partially dark during winter.

Any thoughts on this are most welcomed.

• The fifth island, due north, lay in complete darkness, a land "where one sees nothing," and "the sun is not visible."
• the sixth island, "where a horned bull dwells and attacks the newcomer"
• the seventh island lay in the east and is "where the morning dawns."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hmmm. I'm not sure it was a sundog, as it looks like it is an apparition from the setting sun.

With regard to what I saw, the sun was pretty much set, but the rays looked almost like the sun was about to rise, they were THAT bright.

I task anyone that lives in the Denver area to check the sky out around sunset. I am determined to find out what this phenomenon is so i dont freak myself out.

I find it hard to grasp the whole pole shift/planet X catastrophe that the gloom and doomers keep pushing, but if I keep seeing this phantom sun in the Northeast, I might just have to take all that malarkey with a big grain of salt.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Don Wahn,

I'm in the Springs, and I've noted this as well as of late. Most notably this past Monday. We've had a series of incredible sunsets the last few days. I pondered the occurrence for a moment, then attributed it to light reflecting off the atmosphere and clouds out east. Doing so was difficult though, as, like you say, it literally looked as if the sun was setting about 50 degrees north of where it rose that morning. Strange indeed, and while I've seen the aurora down here before, I've never seen anything like what I saw on Monday, and to a lesser extent yesterday.

Tough call for me personally though, as by nature, I always find what I'm looking for (ever see the movie "the number 23"?).

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Although I have nothing else to add that has not already been said, lets take the tin foil hat approach to the situation and consider that it could have been a cloaked UFO, that would explain why no other people were present at the time, they do have the uncanny ability to pick and choose who gets to see their comings and goings and in your case cloakings. The illumination certainly could have been something of that nature... Glad you had the experience and that your best friend was present to enjoy the phenomena.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I believe that I have figured out what you saw...

please see this link...Story is mid page

www.spaceweather.com...

What you may have seen are called Anti-crepuscular rays.

Here is a photo...

Is this was you saw in the East?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Every few nights a week, for the past five years, I have been going to work at the same time, at the same place and I am never late. Tonight is the first time I have ever parked and walked in while it was already dark, with just a sliver of light on the horizon. EVERY other time it has been sunset or daylight, depending on the time of year. Say what you will, I know what I have experienced and SOMETHING is definitely off.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Sounds like you are describing what we weather guys call, crepuscular rays which occur in cloud gaps and when the sun is low on the horizon. I know from experience that crepuscular rays can be an awesome sight around sunset and in some instances you get anticrepuscular rays. These appear oppsoite the sun and can appear at odd angles. I think this is what you saw but you might want to look them up and see if the pictures on the internet are similar to what you saw. Hope this helps

[edit on 6/12/2007 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ooh wee. You might just be onto something wrangell. What I saw was not "exactly" like the picture you posted, but similar. It was far darker, and the rays were way more pronounced.

I think that this is definitely the most viable explanation for what I keep seeing, but it just seems so odd. If the sun has set, then why are these rays still emerging even after the fact. Granted they only stay for about 5-10 minutes, but that still is a little too odd for me.

I appreciate the worldwide team of super-sleuths that I have on my side. You guys RULE!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join