It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the media brainwashing the public to divert us from the real issues ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Is the media brainwashing us to divert us from the real issues ? Think about the hours and hours CNN spends on tabloid garbage i.e.: Paris Hilton, The "Dog" Bounty Hunter, anyone thats says any type of racial slur, OJs new Trial and on, on and on. What about addressing more international issues or important issues in this country? Like how we are being ripped off by the drug companies or the millions and millions wasted on our penal system the list goes on as we all well know. It seems to be all the same garbage day after day. I think that the media is dulling our minds to some degree so we dont ask these kind of questions. Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
of course. To me, it's obvious that it's the main intention of the media to flood our senses with the trivial.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I am wondering what the primary objective is? Keep the people full of garbage so they ignore the immediate concerns of the world? and live in a more "controlled" state of mind?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

"Fear is just another word for ignorance," Hunter S. Thompson said. Like in a famous line of a 60s hit song. "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose".

So much to lose now for America, so of course you can't have any other freedom than the freedom to do evil. No anti-anything intended, just an observation from a concerned world citizen.

The constitution, its very foundation is slowly but steadily being eviscerated by criminals in charge, is what I see.

In that process fear is an important tool, an unpleasent one, yes, that's why it has to be fed with Britney's underwears, Hilton's boobs or whatever makes the day.

You won't believe it before you're there, and then it's all too late.

America, throughout the 20th century the beacon of freedom and endless possibilities, is now a worser disgrace to the world community than the Nazis ever where. Its endless possibilities took it there, the freedom to chose evil for good.

Now every American citizen stands surrounded by a confluence of mortal perils, that sooner or later are bound to backfire.

And the name of the bullet is George. So, yes, you need diversion to make the torture go down. It's THE key of the masterplan to let ignorance go down.

Be grateful for ATS ...as long as we got it.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

Good post.

Take a look at ancient Rome during the decline. The people had no idea, being caught up in gaming and pleasures of the mind and body what was going on with the senate and the emperor. By the time they did, it was too late, the empire had all but crumbled and the people were left to fight amongst themselves.

Sound familiar?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
good question and i believe the answer is yes they are. the media as a whole cnn,abc,mbc,fox, ect., ect., are the reason i dont watch tv anymore. i dont own one and dont every want another one. and the news media is the sole reason i made this choice. i find forums such as ats to be more informative. not only do you get news but you get the real feelings of the public and you get as close to fair representation of both sides as i believe you can.

[edit on 15pmu102007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
good question and i believe the answer is yes they are. the media as a whole cnn,abc,mbc,fox, ect., ect., are the reason i dont watch tv anymore. i dont own one and dont every want another one. and the news media is the sole reason i made this choice. i find forums such as ats to be more informative. not only do you get news but you get the real feelings of the public and you get as close to fair representation of both sides as i believe you can.

[edit on 15pmu102007 by DaleGribble]

Great post. I agree I find myself watching less and less TV as well. I only watch sports. The news stays the same...garbage.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

i get my sports from am raido now but even then you have to fight through the news to get it. up until about a year ago talk radio seemed to be devoted to more than politics but even they have taken a turn for the worse. i go out of town almost every weekend to see friends from my home town as i have no faimly within 13 hours to several thousands of miles and even then the only thing ill let them watch on tv while im there is sifi. sifi's cheesy movies are the greatest.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
No, the media is not brainwashing us. They are merely giving us what we want. Honestly, I'd rather hear about Paris Hilton than x number of kids get blown up in Baghdad (again). And, yes, I know how these kneejerk reactions go on ATS, someone's gonna label me a terrible person for saying that, but, I'm sorry, I don't want to be continually reminded about something terrible that I'm powerless to stop.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim_Kraken
No, the media is not brainwashing us. They are merely giving us what we want. Honestly, I'd rather hear about Paris Hilton than x number of kids get blown up in Baghdad (again). And, yes, I know how these kneejerk reactions go on ATS, someone's gonna label me a terrible person for saying that, but, I'm sorry, I don't want to be continually reminded about something terrible that I'm powerless to stop.

You seem to be a perfect example of the goal of the media's brainwashing
attempts.

They want you to think you-the common man-have no say, that you are less than the celebritys.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Yes, the media has been designed a certain way and given to us by a certain 'well connected' few. They tell us what they want us to hear, not what we want to hear.

You've touched on a few topics which I have made a few posts on over the last few days. Here is a reply i wrote in another thread. I'm glad you've brought the attention of the media to this as they are all part of the NWO (New world order).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Original post is in this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All the major news networks and news outlets are owned and controlled by only a few people. Yet the represent themselves as seperate news sources. It's all a facade.
It's exactly the same set up as ther republican and democrat parties... one says this, the other says that, but in reality they are both the same group working together but making it seem as though they have different agendas.

Here's another thread I think you might find interesting.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

If you read some of the info in any of these links, you'll soon begin to form a picture on how they are all connected to people and corporations such as these, Bloomberg, IBM. Time Warner. JP Morgan/ Chase Manhattan and Rupert Murdoch.

which leads to reports such as this...

CFR Stacks The Deck With Both Democrat And Republican Presidential Candidates

ThoughtCriminal.org | August 15, 2007
Michael Vail

Editor's Note: 2004 was the year of the Skull & Bones presidential candidates, and now 2008 seems to be the year of the CFR presidential candidates. Democrat or Republican, it matters not which rook they choose to elect. We lose either way. The 2004 elections were marred by the stench of a fixed fight. Bush and Kerry both Yale Bonesmen and related by blood running for the presidency. Now the Council on Foreign Relations has nearly every presidential candidate in their pocket.

www.infowars.com...

Hope you've got some spare time to read it all... it does take a while and does take time to sink in.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
California fires news stories did overshadow and parallel the "Though Crime Prevention" bill. Coincidence? Dun dun dunnnnn.....

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by luxor311
I only watch sports. The news stays the same...garbage.

I only pay attention to science and technology news. Everything else is mostly a distraction...

reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

And crap like that even happens here. People are more concerned about stuff that doesn't affect them that are happening on the other side of the planet. Not surprising since the media sources hype up and exaggerate the stuff going on outside while downplaying the stuff that happens within.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
ahh can you repeat that question... I was busy watching a report on another blond haired, blue eye girl being kidnapped or murdered on some resort island or was it Portugal or Denver....Oh wait it was it something Hilary said.. nope it was Obama... no it was Rove... oh damn....

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Exactly why I haven't had cable/satellite/dish etc. tv for the past 10 years. I catch things here and there, but every time I try to watch tv it just makes me feel disappointed in the human race, scares me more than I already am about where things are headed, and reminds me why I don't even miss it anymore. Read a book, do research online, feed your head what it needs to know instead of what they tell you it does.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There are websites that let you watch just about any tv show/movie/cartoon/anime you want for free and without ads so theres no reason you should stop enjoying the best parts of tv just because they put so much crap on normal tv. im not going to link to any but theres alot out there with 3 popping up every time they take one down so they are here to stay. and i got a good chuckle from the title of this thread thanks for that
knowing what i know about the media for me you couldn't have stated the obvious any more if you had tried

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by drakeman

yes, this strange obsession with dead women is also apparent in daily newscasts...

Media mind-control and brainwashing is common knowledge. It works.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think the media is controlled by the government in a sense that if something needs to get done they assist. Let's say the president plans to issue an executive order in which he wants most of America's attention to be diverted. He then let's his CIA appointee know this and the wheels start turning. They send a couple of guys down to a tropical Island and kidnap an American. They then tell their favorite news agency Faux News and they break the story for them. They of course just say cover this news that's breaking and dedicate your time on it. The executive order goes through and is in the next days paper. The majority of people are watching this story of a missing American girl on a Island in the South Pacific. Faux news can now breath again because their FCC license is not on the blacklist.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The news these days is a joke... I remember when the news was at least presented in a professional manner. Not to say they were reporting the TRUTH back then, but now it seems like there is not even an effort made to disguise sensationalism. I personally find the little props they use now are ridiculous (Oil barrel for their report on the rise of oil prices, etc.) Its amazing that with everything going on in the world today, shortly after threats of nuclear weapons usage have been made by dubya, the news stories are about whether or not santa needs to lose weight and new info on the Natalie Holloway case. sheeeesh....

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yes.
2 words: Immigration and Global Warming.
All over our news sources but these are just "fluff" issues to politicians but they do very well at covering up what is really wrong with our world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join