It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Grader suspended for saying "Hell"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Our society is crumbling because of overuse of censorship and political correctness. makes me so #ing hella sick!

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Id like to know where this world is going to. Definately to the dogs. I mean, SERIOUSLY folks. How bad is the word HELL???? EH? you tell me. Hell is used EVERYWHERE these days. We sometimes hear it on the news.

And like The Butcher said, sueing is getting WAY out of hand these days. for crying out loud, people sue mcdonalds cuz they say the food makes em fat (wich it does, and its their choice to eat it.)

this is complete bs. Soon people will be sueing because they dont have a TV.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
WTF?!?!?!!? NO WAY!!! My teachers said hell, #, crap, and damn all the time! they keep it PG-13 (but sometimes R. lol). WHO CARES?!?!?!? IT'S SIMPLE ENGLISH WHICH EXPRESSES A NOUN, VERB, OR WHATEVER! if we can't say f*ck, y can we say sexual intercourse?!?!? come on! that's too long to say and f*ck is soooo much easier!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
It doesn't sound like "hell" was used as a profanity but rather could be interpreted as the child evangelizing another child on school property... ie: "for telling a classmate he would go to hell for saying, "I swear to God."
While profanity uttered in front of a teacher such as "pntballpunk" refered to - is frowned upon, mentioning God or doing anything that could be construed as evangelizing will get little "johnny" or "suzy" kicked th' hell outa school....

Xxx bless the supreme court!

While I cannot accurately comment because the original link posted by Worldwatcher is invalid, I'll run off the above quote.
However, My feeling is there is an atheist principal involved in this stupid decision...to suspend a second grader is rediculous.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reminds me of when I got in-school suspension in high school when my gym teacher overheard me say "What the hell?" to one of my friends

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
my teacher use hell and plenty other figurtive language all the time

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
As long as he didn't say, "Go to HELL!" So he probably got that from his parents who go to church. I remember people telling me not to swear.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
here's a new link to the story, guess AP took their's down:

cnews.canoe.ca...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join