It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Grader suspended for saying "Hell"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Now what the hell has this country and it's education system come to when a 7 year old child is being suspended for a day for telling a classmate he would go to hell for saying, "I swear to God." ??

ap.tbo.com...

guess AP took the link down, try this one instead
cnews.canoe.ca...

come on!!! what da hell is wrong with these people???

YEP, I would definitely sue!!!

[Edited on 4-16-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thats just ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
My goodness. I believe I would sue, sue, sue. They (the school) have a policy that they can't even clearly define, yet they want to enforce it?

Reminds me of when I got in trouble at the airport.
They ask when you check in, "Has anyone put anything in your bag, without your knowledge"?

I replied "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know"?

Had a field day fighting on that one.
Seems they thought it was smartass, but yet...I spoke the truth.
They wanted a lie of "no" to pass their test (I could say no, but how would I know?)

Lesson:
Don't make rules and enforce things you can't define. Even just for the hell of it.

Edit note: Don't try the above unless you have lots of TIME. It's sort of like saying "bomb" in an airport.

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
haha i'm gonna try that one

has anybody put anything in your bag without your knowledge?

"um is that a trick question?" or somethin like that

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wow, that is really #ed up, I mean, say words a lot worse than that right in front of my teachers and they dont do anything.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think what they mean is have you found anything in your bag that is not yours that someone may have put in there when you weren't looking

Still, it's a badly phrased question that just begs to be smartassed about.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Oh my god, what a crock of shyte. If a book had the word 'ass' in it(like the bible), meaning a donkey or mule, would that person ne suspended also?

Totally taken out of context.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It doesn't sound like "hell" was used as a profanity but rather could be interpreted as the child evangelizing another child on school property... ie: "for telling a classmate he would go to hell for saying, "I swear to God."
While profanity uttered in front of a teacher such as "pntballpunk" refered to - is frowned upon, mentioning God or doing anything that could be construed as evangelizing will get little "johnny" or "suzy" kicked th' hell outa school....

Xxx bless the supreme court!

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I would sue the mother#ing # out of that board of education. Really come on what the # is wrong with saying hell its not like the kid said "your going to hell for eternal damnation and demons will feast upon your disemboweled entrails."

This is a big pile of #ing worthless # bag # faced whores trying to act like they have some mother#ing morals.

WHEW!!!!! I fell much better.

I just said alot worse and I bet I want get suspended but you never know.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Jackal... So why don't you tell us how you really feel?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This is where our country is headed and it makes me super pissed off. This PC bull has to go.

I mean - whats next, a 4 year old gets expelled for saying damn?

However, I think sueing is just adding to the problem. In this day and age everyone sues for everything - the whole system has been perverted and currupted. I think the parents should put up a huge fight though - this is absurd

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
you know this isnt the country it used to be...(darn tootin'!) Hell is a "bad" word now is it? hmmmm well gee willikerrs! If I was gonna get suspended anyway, I would have told the principal to # off instead

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by xxKrisxx]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Thats just ridiculous.

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!!

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
With everything we SAW duriong the superbowl, all the CRAP on M TV I have to wonder about the teachers and principals in this country hammering a kid for this...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
what if they said HELL------OH! instead?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
What is a second grader saying hell for in the first place

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Likely listening to their parents and thinking that if I say this word then I will get some attention from somebody...anybody..

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
At my school, the students(of course) and the faculty use the word hell openly. At a pep rally a couple months ago i believe the principal said "we're gonna give em hell" twice...I think being suspended is going way too far

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I got suspended from my private school for a week for saying a s s hole.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It's just another example of the corporation of organized education abusing their power once more. The staff shouldn't be able to punish a student based on their personal bias or belief.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join