It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the ATS website load tracking cookies and adware onto my PC?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Electro,
You haven't answered the specific question "What spyware/malware/adware is being being loaded when you visit ATS" so I wouldn't be throwing accusations around.

You really should post the specific filename your anti spyware is finding so can get to the bottom of this. Cookies are harmless if used by ATS. Don't worry about them.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

When was this posted?

I forgot to change the time setting on my MemCenter - it's 23:34 here in england.

P.S: Somehow i doubt this guy is going to post this 'report'.

Misleading information maybe?

EDIT: Electro, why didn't you just u2u one of the mods about this anyway?

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Okay... really... now it seems like you're trying to piss me off. There has been a lot of information provided to you in this thread, and you choose to ignore it.

Originally posted by Electro38
I'm not hurling accusations at anyone, I don't even know the site owner, or know who the heck that is.

Me, Mark, and Simon. And yes, you are accusing us of illegal activity that is in non-compliance with the Privacy Policty posted on every page of this website.

(That, tracking cookie, and adware (which is also spyware) is what I am speaking of.

Cookies are not spyware!

Can anyone really tell me these things:
1. That this site does not load "tracking cookies" onto people pc's.

I've already given you the link to our Privacy Policty which states that we do indeed write cookies.

2. That this site isn't loading "adware" onto peoples PC's

I'm responsible for every piece of code running on this website and I've already told you more than once that we are not loading any such thing onto anyone's computer... ever. Not now. Not ever.

3. And that these things, if indeed loaded onto someones pc will not slow down their PC's/browsers.

Malicious adware will slow down a computer... but cookies, which are simple text files, will not.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Private Invasion

Oh cool, so you also must enjoy having other people (i.e. web site tech administrators) invade your privacy by recording the activity of your browser on the internet.

I'm not hurling accusations at anyone, I don't even know the site owner, or know who the heck that is.

Oh really? Are you even reading this thread?

Don't just read the parts of those definitions that you agree with, or that fit your argument.

I'll thank you to do the same.

You have made claims that are demonstrably false. When that has been pointed out, you have responded with quibbling, hand-waving and by repeating the same claims with slightly different wording.

Can you perhaps understand why your behavior would appear disingenuous?

If you have some legitimate evidence to offer, please do so, but this business of posting false information must stop.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Electro, it has become clearly obvious that you choose to ignore the helpful advice from members, moderators and owners alike.

Despite calm reiterations and your seeming inability to take on board the FACTS presented to you, you still do not seem to be able to see the difference between a simple cookie, and adware/spyware technology that is most definitely not originating from this website.

I'm closing this thread before you cause more unnecessary migraines. Please forward your problems (which are irrelevant to us) to either myself or SkepticOverlord via U2U and we will help you (although I don't honestly know why we should at this point).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join